Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too late to plant an annual climber ??

Options
  • 16-06-2015 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Planted a honeysuckle to cover a high wall. It's not happy in the site and broke my heart last year spraying to get rid of fungus. Its totally died back in the last 2 weeks when I was away from home and am going to just rip down I think and give up on it. Must think of some other climber long term that's less maintenance(its partial shaded site, east facing) but anything I can do to hide the concrete block wall this summer? ? Would nasturtiums grow or too late now to plant? Also any ideas for long term climber? Are climbing hydrangeas prone to disease?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

A wee bit late for annual climbers I think, unless you can get established sweet pea. There were some available a week or two ago but they might be gone from garden centres now.

Climbing hydrangea would do well and don't get disease. There are some nice variegated ones available now too.

Advertisement