Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Gaiman's American Gods - [Starz]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I'm really shocked there is going to be a third season of this, I couldn't even make it all the way through season 2. I remember loving the book, just the show felt awful slow (even if it looked great). With all the to-ing and fro-ing behind the scenes, it must have been dreadful for the cast working on it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not sure I would even watch S3. S1 was decent but S2 just staggered all over the place without a definitive sense of purpose or direction for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 starts January 10th.

• Advertisement

Started back last night and is on Prime Video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gender swap of canon characters is very strange as a book reader it makes absolutely no sense but the show has absolutely deviated from the source material with the leprecunt and Mad Sweeney escapades and the Jinn and his friend getting a big background role I'm all for it if it goes somewhere if it is just to bow to the social expectations then yuck.

Gender swap of canon characters is very strange as a book reader it makes absolutely no sense but the show has absolutely deviated from the source material with the leprecunt and Mad Sweeney escapades and the Jinn and his friend getting a big background role I'm all for it if it goes somewhere if it is just to bow to the social expectations then yuck.

Who was swapped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Liked season 1, started to lose interest in season 2 and now season 3 is more of background noise

Weird series jumping all over the place with so many characters and stories

Don't know if I'll manage to finish the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Who was swapped?

Mr World changed to Ms World, Crispin Glovers character

Unearthly wrote: »
    Mr World changed to Ms World, Crispin Glovers character

FFS
    Was the reason inclusvity or something?

Hinzelmann is a man in the books too that's the one I find confusing. Mr World not so much but still very contrived to change it as it may only be a short term change Hinzelmann isn't and it ****s the story up quite a bit but so many of the changes already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Catching up..

3.1: Some really good camera work and effects in this. Storywise.. it just felt like it was laying some groundwork. That scene where the coin didn't land in Sweeneys hand.. I was like.. :eek: so now they are relying on some accident to happen.. and maybe someone else is going to drink that potion!

3.2: Hmmm... the overall (war) story just moving along, then the
    girl going missing story. I'm assuming it has something to do with the underwear thief.

3.3: Hrmmm.. I mean.. it looks like
    they're sayin Technical Boy killed Bilquis.. but I'm not sure Technical Boy ain't sittin down Shakin like that because Bilquis got him somehow and then got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Episode 4 answers some of those questions it's totally gone 9ff the rails for book readers the roaster of gods is completely crazy at this point I did love the dentist had a rubber hand.

Hinzelmann is a man in the books too that's the one I find confusing. Mr World not so much but still very contrived to change it as it may only be a short term change Hinzelmann isn't and it ****s the story up quite a bit but so many of the changes already have.

Hes back.

3.4: Aha!
    I knew Bilquis couldn't be dead.. it does feel like the arc of this season is wrapping around her for some reason. I get the feeling, she'll be like some kinda bomb going off that the end.

No new episode this weekend back next weekend

• Advertisement

3.5: Oh hold on..
    she found him.. was she nearby? I didn't get that impression.. yeah ok. Guessing the tech dude might be undergoing a change.

3.6: Felt like a story
    building episode.. I'm guessing Demeter will still have a bigger part later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Just watched episode 7 there. Whole season is underwealming so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just watched episode 7 there. Whole season is underwealming so far.

Very true - persevering to the end but nothing in it really to keep me coming back each week

3.7: I liked that while they seem to be going on with the either-you're-already-in-on-the-whole-or-you're-not that they managed in that 5 second (or less) flash at the end convey that
    yer man has been behind these set of incidents. As for the village.. the Hansel and Gretel hints
    .. OK, yeah thanks.

3.8: That nagging feeling that
    somehow or another she's bringing wednesday the spear because wednesday wants the spear and has put some kind of plan into action to get her to bring it to him.

3.9: Hrmmmmm,
    I don't think he's dead

That was a train wreck not sure I wanna see the last episode stupid stuff that wrecks the book story they should have never ended lakeside like that it was supposed to happen at the end of the series.

3.10:
    I knew it! I knew he was up to something! Just checked and the wiki article says a fourth season is being written:
    (link)

So that's the season finale..

• Advertisement

Weird twists all season very different direction without Mr Nancy the whole African Gods introduction was completed unexpected the book uses a more Carribbean ensemble of Voodoo and Shamanic Gods which seems same as Mr Nancy to be a wrong direction according to the showrunner. Pity as it screwed up the entire season Shadow us supposed to learn things during the vigal.

Mr Ibis seemed to have stood in for Mr Nancy at the end too overall very disappointed with how that went very silly changes to fill in storyline gaps they brought about by going so off mode with the story. I'm hoping Neil Gaiman does an AMA soon as I have serious questions as to how the story was ruined like this.

Advertisement