Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone Repair

Options
  • 16-06-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I recently went to a phone repair shop in Waterford to have my IPhone 5s's battery replaced.
    They replaced it the first time after i arranged to go into the shop through Facebook.
    After testing it a few days it was still faulty so i had to return and they did another replacement.
    Again the phone was only getting 7 hours of battery life, without a sim card, not on WiFi and with everything on it disabled I had to go back in again and they replaced it again and cleaned the lightning port.
    The phone was even worse than it had ever been and it shut off the other day and now will not turn on, charge, reset, nothing. I also noticed that they have damaged the side of the phone when trying to open it.

The shop has a 'No fix - No fee' policy and i have messaged them on Facebook explaining that it was still not working, it was unusable, that they had damaged it and requesting a refund under their policy.

They have seen my message and are not replying to it.

I'm not sure what to do or what my rights in regard to this are.
    It was a cash transaction and they didn't give me a receipt either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anonamousse

*Update*

They asked me to come back in so they could take my battery and give me a refund.

In that case i'm still left with a dead phone, with cosmetic damage without a battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would you have proof that they damaged the phone?

If that's the case i'd call consumer rights, see what they can advise you. Failing that there's always small claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anonamousse

Vicxas wrote: »
    Would you have proof that they damaged the phone?

If that's the case i'd call consumer rights, see what they can advise you. Failing that there's always small claims.

I have a Facebook transcript that would show them taking responsibility for the damage and offering to look at it.

Otherwise i don't have any other proof besides a photo of the damage taken when i discovered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Print a copy of the Facebook page, an admission from their official web presence seems good enough proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Get it fixed by Apple. These guys don't use genuine parts so don't expect genuine performance

• Advertisement
Advertisement