Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EL Double Wear Shades

Options
  • 16-06-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I've been using the shade 1C1 Cool Bone in Estee Lauder Double Wear (bought from the EL counter in Brown Thomas) & want to repurchase. The issue is that I don't have an EL counter near me, but there is a shop that stock Double Wear/can order it in. I talked to the sales assistant about getting my shade, she checked her sheet & said that they don't have the shade Cool Bone. They do however have 1C1 Shell.

So my question for anyone in the know - are Cool Bone & Shell the same shade, just with different names? I don't want to shell out for a new foundation just to find out it's a different colour!

Thanks for your help guys. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

1c1 used to be shell. When EL revised their shades (probably a year or two ago at this stage), they discontinued 1c1 shell and replaced it with 1c1 cool bone, which is darker than shell. Due to demand, shell was later reintroduced, but as a new number, 1c0.

So basically the sales assistant must've been looking at an old shade sheet as 1c1 is cool bone now, not shell, and they're not the same colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Ask her to order a sample for you to try first as you won't buy something you don't know if it suits you.

Or buy the colour you use online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think she probably was working from an old shade list, think I'll go with ordering online or just wait until I can get to an EL counter. Thanks for your help guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When I went to buy my first bottle of DoubleWear and didn't know what shade I was, the Estee Lauder assistant tried two shades on the back of my hands; "Cool Bone" and "Shell".

There was a difference alright; "Cool Bone" was yellower, while "Shell" was more ivory-ish and paler.
    The "Shell" happened to be my colour.
    Then they discontinued it, but brought it back due to popular demand.
    Anyway, no, they're not the same colours.

Side note; Does anyone find the price of DW creeping up in price every so often?

Advertisement