Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms for Teenagers

Options
  • 16-06-2015 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I'm located near Sandyford and was wondering what is the best gym I should join in terms of price and having other people my age there as well. I am 16 years old and am looking to bulk up this summer. There is WestWood, Ben Dunne, Rock Fitness. None of the websites have any info on policy with Under 18 year olds. Any help here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Did you try e-mailing them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Monkstown is over 16's so you could go there.

If you're using free weights, and this is incredibly important, is you need to work on your technique before you lift anything remotely heavy.

The amount of times you see young lads, and not so young lads in fairness too, lifting weights with such awful technique that they're actually doing themselves damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Also I'm no gym expert but you should master doing body weight exercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Think BHAF is 16+, moving to a new bgigger facility shortly: http://www.bhaf.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Would anyone be able to do a monthly or yearly summary of the prices of memberships of the gyms around Sandyford/Dundrum. That would be really helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement