Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling groups

Options
  • 16-06-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any cycling groups or clubs in the Maynooth/Leixlip/Celbridge area that welcomes rookie cyclists?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Anyone know of any cycling groups or clubs in the Maynooth/Leixlip/Celbridge area that welcomes rookie cyclists?

How rookie are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Not completely. Cycled quite a lot over the years but off road and more recently just leisure cycling on a hybrid. This will be my first road bike. Not completely unfit but cetainly wouldn't be at my peak either.

There's an informal group that goes out at 7pm on Wednesdays from Maynooth Cycles (beside the Newtown Inn). Last week was about 50-60km I think. Easy going bunch and welcoming.

Apart from that there's LCRC who have a 60km group on Saturday mornings.

Then there's always the Galway Cycle - training for that starts in January and concludes with a 400km round trip over a weekend in early April. Weekly spins on Sat and Sun from mid January in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Thanks Orion that's useful

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Naas any good to you ?? Naas CC have a "beginners" road group (Failte) which does spins every Sat. morning for those new to cycling, or getting back onto a road bike after a lengthy lay-off etc.

https://www.facebook.com/naascyclingclub/photos/a.531834770221535.1073741839.138906026181080/884225521649123/?type=1&theater

• Advertisement

Just read on facebook this morning that Mark who owns Maynooth Cycles is running an easier spin on Monday now too:

"We are thinking of running an easy spin on Mondays from the shop,starting this Monday @. 6.30.this is for people that would like to cycle in a group but are new to cycling or are just a leisure cyclist. . It will start and stay about 25k /30k at a 20 k average. This is open to both ladies and men. The Wednesday spin is longer and faster so Monday is easier and purely a leisure cycle . Let me know in the shop or on this if there's anyone interested!"

Advertisement