Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll up roll up - Who wants this bag of bits

Options
  • 16-06-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I just took apart a Dell vostro a860 because I needed to get the hard drive out. Anyway there is no way in hell I can put it back together (see photos). Anyone want the pieces?

Here is a video of how to take it apart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1BXAiZJyVI

Maybe someone can figure out how to do that in reverse. Obviously you need a hard drive...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Whereabouts are you. I'd take it if I can get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd have it either, if Almighty drops out. It'd be a grand machine for general browsing and stuff to be honest, I'll recycle the screen atleast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Well Digital Solitude, since you are helping me fix up my old IBM I have to give it to you. SORRY Almighty. Or fight amongst yourselves....

DS - PM your address and I will post it to you.

Let Almighty take it if he's in there :pac: First come first serve

Almighty - I am speaking to you from the midlands...collect if you like, or I am willing to post it to you, for advice in my other thread :) I am a cruel giver I know....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

percy212 wrote: »
    Almighty - I am speaking to you from the midlands...collect if you like, or I am willing to post it to you, for advice in my other thread :) I am a cruel giver I know....

Nah it's all right, let DS have it.

Very decent people in this forum :) Decide between ye and PM me to let me know where to send it... I feel like a mean teacher now. Harrumph.

Thanks Almighty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

why did you take it apart to get the hard drive out? :confused:

replacing/removing the hard drive takes about 60 seconds by removing a single panel or am i missing something here ...:D

why did you take it apart to get the hard drive out? :confused:

replacing/removing the hard drive takes about 60 seconds by removing a single panel or am i missing something here ...:D

Unfortunately not in the case of this particular dell laptop. It required a LOT of deconstruction to get at the hard drive. Terrible design! Also, I enjoyed taking it apart :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement