Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waist training

Options
  • 16-06-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any experience using waist trainers? I'm curious!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Worried247

I got one for free off a woman on Facebook in a size 2xl which is marked as size 16-18.. I usually wear maybe a 12/14 in a top but surprisingly when I went to try the waist trainer on it didn't fit. It was about an INCH(!!) too small!
    So if you are getting one definitely get sized beforehand.
    I don't really know much about the process because I have to slim down first before it fits me!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I got one on Grabone, it was €14.99 reduced from €45. Didn't want to spend too much on a starter one. Got a size 14/16 & nearly died when I saw the size of it, it's tiny!! I managed to squeeze into it anyway but it just seems very short! I wonder are they supposed to sit on your hip bones?

What are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

There was a set of reviews on the DailyMail during the week.. the customs duties put me off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3120622/Can-waist-train-way-Kim-s-curves-FEMAIL-tests-slimming-tool-famous-Kardashian-clan.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What are they?

Corset type torture devices to give you a smaller waist

Kim Kardashian alleggedly uses one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I dallied in it in college a few years back, using the metal boned, lace-up corsets however. It did sort of work, I was quite active at that time however so maybe that helped too, at the tightest I went to (while wearing it), my waist was about 27 inches.

I don't recommend rock climbing in them however :pac:

Advertisement