Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legit Version of Windows 7

Options
  • 16-06-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi All

Any idea where I can get a cheap version of Win 7 Pro or Ultimate. Just built a new PC and want to be a good boy. I noticed you cant even download the original iso from digital river, so I could trial and then upgrade.

Anyways any pointers, will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thaum1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Any idea where I can get a cheap version of Win 7 Pro or Ultimate. Just built a new PC and want to be a good boy. I noticed you cant even download the original iso from digital river, so I could trial and then upgrade.

Anyways any pointers, will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Search for Microsoft software sharing on redit you can download iso files from there and you can purchase windows keys for 20 quid or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Check the last few threads on this forum, I've posted it a free times. Hyperlink under "Windows"

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Thaum1

Thanks I will try that. Had not much luck the last time, although I did not try too hard.

Posted it a few times in the last two days, its around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Key for Win7 home premium 32/64 is literally about €12 on reddit. Can't do wrong there.

• Advertisement

Hi there, Got a response from a chap called mrjeffy2341 Anybody buy off him previously. If so are they legit. Just dont want to feel like a twat because some kid used a key generator..... ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thaum1 wrote: »
    Hi there, Got a response from a chap called mrjeffy2341 Anybody buy off him previously. If so are they legit. Just dont want to feel like a twat because some kid used a key generator..... ;)

They are probably MSDN keys being resold. Should be fine however it is against Microsofts T&Cs to resell these keys.
    It's possible Microsoft could block MSDN accounts they suspect of reselling keys and blacklist the keys being resold. I'm not sure they have ever done this, but nothing stopping them from doing so either.
    Trying to source a genuine boxed OEM edition of the OS (along with CD/product key sticker) is your best bet of guaranteeing it's legit! :)

Nick

I've bought off Mrjeffy before, he's the guy I link to because I had him bookmarked and no one had come back to tell me he shorted them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I've bought off Mrjeffy before, he's the guy I link to because I had him bookmarked and no one had come back to tell me he shorted them yet

I've bought a few keys from s5ean he's a mod on the site ,loaded win 8 no problem on a build for my folks , all updates worked perfect and win 10 option popped up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've bought keys off a few sellers on that site with good feedback, never had an issue. All activated fine and continue to work fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

yoyo wrote: »
    They are probably MSDN keys being resold. Should be fine however it is against Microsofts T&Cs to resell these keys.
    It's possible Microsoft could block MSDN accounts they suspect of reselling keys and blacklist the keys being resold. I'm not sure they have ever done this, but nothing stopping them from doing so either.
    Trying to source a genuine boxed OEM edition of the OS (along with CD/product key sticker) is your best bet of guaranteeing it's legit! :)

Nick

Regardless what the licence originator might say, reselling the licence is legitimate according to this .....

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120703/11345519566/eu-court-says-yes-you-can-resell-your-software-even-if-software-company-says-you-cant.shtml

Hi All, thanks for the feedback. Will go and buy them of Mrjeffry. I will let you know if I have any issues. BTW @digitalsolitude thanks for your help on my new build. Did not go with what you suggested but got some good insight from you.

Good forum here. Will check in again.

Cheers all

Advertisement