Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curling Roof Tiles

Options
  • 16-06-2015 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a problem with my roof tiles. They are Capco tiles bought
    in 2007 and started curling two years ago and have got progressively worse.
    We contacted them and they contacted the manufacturer who sent out an engineer.
    The engineer verbally agreed that the slates were curling, but instead focused on the fixing of the slates in his report. He focused on the fixing of the first row of slates and said this was the cause of our problem.

From my own research, slates will lift is not fixed properly, but will not curl. Curling is
    caused by the materials in the slates.
    We are getting no satisfaction from the manufacturer and was told that we will have to take a case against the supplier of the slates.

Has any one else had this experience and how did you proceed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Consumer Issues.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Manufacturer is correct - your contract is with the supplier. It is their reponsibility to correct any issue and in turn they get compensated bu the manufacturer.

Advertisement