Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gates.

Options
  • 16-06-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

I need a new set of wooden gates to be made for my front drive-in.
    Can anybody recommend somebody who would make and hang them?
    I've had a few guys who have called to me but they seemed to be nothing but cowboys and the price they came up with was laughable.
    I'm hoping someone can give me contact details for someone who's good.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

I had a box frame gate made up in Rathemond Engineering and they galvanised it too for around 300 euros. Hinges included also. Then got some laths from the timber centre out Calry for about 50 euro and tech screwed them on. Works fine to keep the kids and the poochie inside the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

McHales have a few styles of wooden gates.
    Don't think the hang them so you would have to get someone to do that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Hi there is a place on the leitrim cavan border heading for blackliion that specialuses in wooden gates. Think its called gwt. On right hand side shortly after glenfarne. Make sure the timbers are presure treated ( or vac vacced) for durability. Also i see a lot of timber gates beibg erected in co. Sligo...kian egan has a nice one.. why not ask.. others beside st. Marys football pich and strabdhill road..

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Connacht Gold carry a range of wooden gates, drive-way, paddock, pathway etc.
    They can order in a range of sizes and would probably recommend someone to fit them.

Advertisement