Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship/L1/L2 & Conference - 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brentford sack Marinus Dijkhuizen and install Youth Coach Lee Carsley for time being.

Mark Warburton looks on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Johner wrote: »
    Burton sitting on top of League 1, Jimmy Floyd has done a fantastic job. Still early days though!

I was thinking Sol Campbell and John Barnes had been quite for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Steve Evans sacked. How absolutely delightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Steve Evans sacked. How absolutely delightful.

Hopefully Rotherham kept a close eye on their finances whilst he was there.

Steve Morgan is selling Wolves

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/28/wolvev-up-for-sale-steve-morgan

Should get something back on that "tenner"! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Another win for Burton at the weekend, tough game at home to Sheffield United tonight for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Brentford sack Marinus Dijkhuizen and install Youth Coach Lee Carsley for time being.

Mark Warburton looks on.

Warburton certainly did a great job after Rosler left for Wigan (legend has it he may have been quite responsible for achievements under Rosler as well).

Have to worry for the Bees always had a soft spot for them and spent many a frozen Saturday at Griffin Park watching them in the old 4th division in the late 70's and early 80's. Matthew Benham has done a lot for the club but I hope he is now going too far.

Good away win for the Cobblers against most fans least favourite team Wycombe Wanderers and their unpleasant manager.

Wolves seems to have turned one of those mystical corners that the game is guided by. Two good 3-0 wins in a week playing some nice football.

• Advertisement

Wolves are a strange team, bit like most teams in the Midlands in England. It is so long since there has been an outstanding team from that area and given the population you would have thought there should be.

Wolves though have a great tradition it would be nice to see them in the PL for a sustained period, still don't really understand why they sacked McCarthy with no plan B at all. And I guess that is why they are not in the PL.

Neil Lennon has been charged by the FA, was pretty damning of his opinion of the ref after the QPR game. No surprise about the charge when you read what he said.
    “absolute disgrace” and “I’ve never seen a more biased performance from a referee in a long time. He gave QPR everything he possibly could, I was so frustrated with that.”

He's struggled this season, shame after the excellent job he did to keep them up last time out.

Another good win for the Cobblers yesterday, 2 points between Pompey who are top and the Cobblers who are 8th. Sadly it's the off field garbage that's going to kill this season, if not the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Anyone watching the Exeter/Stevenage game? 3-2 to Exeter as I speak. Er, type. Some cracking goals in it; Clinton Morrison scored a beauty of a bicycle kick for Exeter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

blueser wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Exeter/Stevenage game? 3-2 to Exeter as I speak. Er, type. Some cracking goals in it; Clinton Morrison scored a beauty of a bicycle kick for Exeter.

The absolute state of Paul Tisdale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

blueser wrote: »

Is Clinton still going? He must be well into late 30's now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Paully D wrote: »
    The absolute state of Paul Tisdale.
    https://twitter.com/aaronflan/status/653176997150085120?lang=en

Loved the hat; he must be on his way to an 80's ska convention later on!

HMRC have issued proceedings against Northampton Town. So that's great.

Along with the 10 million plus they owe the council, supposed debt of 16 million. Would love to see the chairman's offshore bank account.

Hard to see any white knight coming to the clubs rescue though I see there was a potential buyer talked of recently. Where has the money gone if its not a new stand?

Hard to see any white knight coming to the clubs rescue though I see there was a potential buyer talked of recently. Where has the money gone if its not a new stand?

Fans are fairly dubious the supposed takeover ever properly existed. Can't see anything other than administration or worse. I hope the police get involved because the money must have gone somewhere, Cardoza the chairman looks increasingly like a crook. I would imagine with the council owed the vast sums it is, the police would have to get involved.

Cardoza has made a big point of saying how the club is either run in the black or only small deficit. How has it gone from that to this? Not through rash recruitment or lavish facilities anyway.

Is a ground share with the Saints and sale of the ground any sort of an option?

• Advertisement

Is a ground share with the Saints and sale of the ground any sort of an option?

Saints the only financially viable club in town at the moment (taken at face value), cricket team are skint too.
    Saints wouldn't share last time (many years ago) the Cobblers were in trouble, and there is a fairly dysfunctional relationship between the two, has been even before professional era.

Sale of the ground you would think would be profitable, nowhere near the debt though. The area around the ground was given permission for retail and hospitality last year. All part of the grand plan with the loan, club owns a bit of land round the ground too and the chairman always appeared to be more interested in land than football.

Chairman said last week he'd pay the council the loan back today, must be a queue at the bank.

All very bleak. Still, there's a thousand fans travelling to Cambridge on Saturday so the fans are still there, and the team is playing well. Like Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

Very tight at the top of League 1, only 3 points separating 1st to 5th. Burton are second and away to struggling Fleetwood this weekend, hopefully they can get a win after a defeat last week by the new league leaders Walsall.

Cricket team skint too? My God you need more Alan Lambs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/joe-cole-agrees-join-coventry-10276623

So Joe Cole has joined Coventry on a short term loan. Strange one he wonts game time more i say but that is a huge drop down the ranks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Oldham have signed Ricardo Fuller on a 3 month deal, paid for by the fans too!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34550159

Cobblers suffered 2 1 away defeat to Cambridge. Took 1200 away fans which isn't bad going, shame they didn't have more to cheer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Took Bobby Zamora four days, once fit, to prove people wrong about him being a waste of wages and only signed for nostalgia reasons - two late goals to bring a 1-1 to a 2-1 and keep Brighton clear on top.

Burton on a pretty bad run, 1 point from the bottom 2 teams in their last two games.

With all the disasters going on off the pitch, the team are doing remarkably well on it. Another win tonight 3 2 to the Cobblers over Carlisle. Lifts them to 4th in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Much needed win by Newport, hopefully sets off the revival now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

A year ago today, Birmingham sacked Lee Clark as we hovered just above the relegation places, now we are up to 2nd. Crazy how big a difference Gary Rowett has made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

And Oldham finally win a game!!! Away to Swindon too!! Only 9 points off the play offs now :)

Oxford's former chairman supposedly in takeover talks at Northampton. I'm taking it with a mountain of salt.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    A year ago today, Birmingham sacked Lee Clark as we hovered just above the relegation places, now we are up to 2nd. Crazy how big a difference Gary Rowett has made.

One of the best young managers in the game.

Yay Bees with an excellent 0-2 win at Wolves two wins on the bounce now so hopefully some stability coming along with Lee Carsley at the helm. John Swift gets another 90 minutes under his belt, this seems to be a Chelsea loan that is starting to look good hope he stays on for the rest of the season as it is doubtful Jose will be playing him.

Couple of big London derby's coming up at Charlton and at home to QPR so form desperately needed not to get sucked into a relegation fight.

Stevenage at home today for the Cobblers. The supporters trust have started making their own shirts, following Blackpool fans example. So all money made goes to the trust rather than Chairman.

The trust have set up a just giving page too, good lot of fans from other clubs have donated a few quid which is heartening.

Not sure how long the club have left before the staff and players stop getting paid since the chairman has gone into hiding and all promises of paying debtors has been shown as bullplop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Crazy turn around in the Fulham - Reading game. Reading 1 up at HT and then they add a second in the 49 minute. Fulham then with 3 goals in 6 minutes and a fourth on 74 minutes.

4-2 Fulham FT.

Wolves go from 1-0 to 1-3 defeat, reading the forums Jackett has done a "Rodgers", changing things that don't need changing, isolating players and now not winning. Wouldn't be shocked if there was a change though the fact the club is still on the market might save him.

Another win for Northampton today, 4th in the league, Wilder doing a fantastic job with all the uncertainty at the club.

• Advertisement

Cracking 1st Round FA Cup draw for Northampton. Drawn away to nearish neighbours Coventry.

Cobblers players and staff not paid yet this month.

Club, manager and team captain have issued a statement. Grim.

http://mobile.ntfc.co.uk//news/article/northampton-town-statement-2767646.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've been there buddy. It isn't fun as a supporter in that position.

In other news Sheffield Wednesday have signed Gary Hooper.

So what is the view on this Kelvin Thomas chap, knight in shining armour or good God please no....?

in good news for the Bees Swift's loan has been extended until January

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34657897

Good move for both that

So what is the view on this Kelvin Thomas chap, knight in shining armour or good God please no....?

The stumbling block unsurprisingly is the 10 million plus debt to the local council.

I think it's a "he doesn't look great, certainly not a fan, but alternative is oblivion." Stark choice!

Torquay fans (who he also had for a while) aren't glowing in their praise and Oxford fans are suggesting a couple of claims he's made are complete cobblers (if you'll pardon the pun). He said he raised attendances, I think the evidence is, if he did, it was single figures! And that he left the club financially sound which they also dispute.

Taking over his 3rd club in almost as many years would alarm most "football people". Good line from the man who founded the first football trust. "Don't put your faith in tinpot saviours" I think that's probably what he is.

Bees v Rangers good first half very entertaining 0-0.

Update yay Bees 1 up just upping the pace a bit now, nice fiesty game this

Final update excellent win for the Bees back to back London derby wins non too shabby and into top 10, Carsley settling after tough start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've been there buddy. It isn't fun as a supporter in that position.

In other news Sheffield Wednesday have signed Gary Hooper.
    Wednesday have improved season on season in recent years. Stuart Gray got the defence right. Carvalhal has taken it up another level and got them scoring goals. Been really impressed with them against Rotherham and Arsenal in their last couple of days. They pass the ball really well, between Bannan, Helan, Wallace, Lee. Also have some quality signings on loan already- Pudil and Turner really strengthen up the defence, as does Hooper the attack. Forestrieri was another quality signing. As well as our old boy McGugan, when he's bothered that is!
    Not looking forward to Forest going to Hillsborough tomorrow, even if our record there in recent times is good.

Cobblers blew a two goal lead today but still got an away point at Newport. Fair dues to the players who still gave it everything despite going unpaid. Can't see their good faith lasting much longer, and rightly so.

Yeah it's fuppin great Harry. Police deciding they may possibly think about investigating. 10 million ffs. Chairman has gone to ground. PFA paid the players with a loan which is great but everyone else at club goes unpaid.

It's funny because the fans are actually as united as I've seen, adversity and all that. Supporters trust has 30 grand from donations from all round the world, fans from dozens of clubs. Winding up order is less than 2 weeks away. The great Brian Lomax passed away too, its all very sad.

David Conn has done a couple of great pieces on the debacle in recent weeks.

Was only a matter of time before Jimmy Floyd's brilliant work with Burton got noticed, for the sake of his own career I really hope he doesn't go to QPR, no matter what happens with Burton this season there will be Championship clubs interested at the end of the season, hopefully he will see out the season and lead Burton into the Championship!

• Advertisement
Advertisement