Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship/L1/L2 & Conference - 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭OldRio

Great win for Boro against Brighton. Pity the Blackburn match was cancelled. Boro are certainly gathering steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Derby going great..after last year I wont hold my breath, but I will cross my fingers..Irish lads playing great stuff, and some great signings..happy days !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Brighton's unbeaten record is staggering really considering how tight all their games are. 11 wins all by one goal and 10 draws!

I remember looking at the table in detail the night before the Middlesborough Vs Brighton match and thought to myself, "Brighton aren't going to make the top two."

For an unbeaten run, they really haven't taken full advantage of it at all. They've dropped far too many points with their drawn games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The club is owned by Eddie Davies, and its been up for sale since late 2014, the debt is twice Davies personal wealth.

Its really a complete dereliction of duty by the Football League to allow a club to build up such a debt we all know the parachute payments only last a few years.

I was listening to a BBC5live podcast about it and apparently the debt was about £105/110 Million just over a year ago, of which 100 was "soft" debt, i.e. owner debt. How they've managed to accrue another 50 or 60 million is a joke. They've been fined for breaching rules but that is closing the stable gate after the horse has bolted.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brighton & Hove Albion lose again, one senses the wheels might just be starting to wobble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Brighton & Hove Albion lose again, one senses the wheels might just be starting to wobble.

Solly March is a big loss, hard to see them keeping pace with big squads like Boro, Derby, Hull, and Burnley. Important win for Ipswich, puts a big of breathing space between them and the rest of the playoff contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Swift staying at Brentford for the rest of the season, should be good for all concerned this.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/1/4/10707946/chelsea-fc-john-swift-brentford-loan-extension-official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Brian Clough was appointed Forest manager 41 years ago today.

And how the old Second Division table looked on that day. Interesting to see the club who was top.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Brian Clough was appointed Forest manager 41 years ago today.

And how the old Second Division table looked on that day. Interesting to see the club who was top.....

Wolves sell Afobe for 9 million but are 2-0 thanks to new signing Zyro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Oldham finally get rid of that clown Dunne. Looks like Sheridan is coming back though.......you couldn't make this up!!!

Derby were lucky to get a draw !! Played attrocious by all accounts.
    What I have seen of Boro this season so far they should go up, they play lovely football..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Cotterill finally given the boot as Bristol City.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Cotterill finally given the boot as Bristol City.

I like him don't know what's happened. They were very good in league 1 and looked like they could challenge for a play off place this season. Missed out on a few big signings in the summer that prob would of been the difference. He'll walk into another league 1 job

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 great away wins for burnley this week. Really impressive in the first half tonight. It's looking like boro and 1 from Derby burnley and hull.

Cardiff transfer ban imposed - financial fair play ruling.

Derby Co chocking again...

Cardiff transfer ban imposed - financial fair play ruling.

Derby Co chocking again...

Of course Derby are choking, it's post Christmas, we always do !!
    Terrible again by all accounts...oh well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Brighton manage to score for the first time in quite some time; the win is the icing there rather than the main prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Scunthorpe and Leyton Orient managers sacked this morning

Great win for Birmingham. Closing in on the playoff spots. Hopefully can make 1 or 2 additions before the transfer deadline.

Boro looked to be running away with the league a couple of weeks ago but have been reeled back in, but with a game in hand are still comfortable in the automatic spots. Steve Bruce is an expert at getting out of the division so I fancy Hull and Boro to go up automatically.

• Advertisement

Big win for burnley tonight 4 1 against derby. 13 pts from the last 15 and 16 goals scored in those 5 games.They have both hull and boro at home in the run in. I actually think they have a better squad now than they had last year in the PL. Gray and Barton have been great signings and vokes is getting back to his best.

Derby actually played ok in the first half ..but my God they were fair bad in the 2nd half..Gray was a handful for the Derby 'defence'..We gave away 2 penalties ( no complaints) and 2 og's...so frustrating to be a Derby fan....no where near Premiership standard..

OldRio wrote: »

Set up a domino effect in transfers today. Boro terminated Fabbrini's loan which allowed Birmingham to sign him permanently, which led to Shinnie heading out on loan to Rotherham.

Delighted with Fabbrini's signing, certainly left an impression last year. First time since we were in the premier league that we have spent over a million on a player, the Demarai Gray money going to good use. He gives us another attacking dimension, be interesting to see him and Toral in the same team.

Hopefully can bring in one or two defenders as at the moment we only have 5 fit defenders to last us till the end of the season, and one of those is 37. If we signed some defensive cover, I would feel more confident in the playoff push.

Boro busy again.

Jordan Rhodes signed from Blackburn £8 million.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35446488

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

OldRio wrote: »
    Boro busy again.

Jordan Rhodes signed from Blackburn £8 million.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35446488

Finally get to see Jordan in the premier league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Brighton win by more than 1 for the first time all season. Hopefully that's the blip over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

That muppet David Dunn is on Soccer AM in the morning, wonder what excuses he has for driving Oldham into a relegation battle...... :(

L1011 wrote: »
    Brighton win by more than 1 for the first time all season. Hopefully that's the blip over

No sign of Richie Towell getting a run at all, Sidwell arriving hasnt helped either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No sign of Richie Towell getting a run at all, Sidwell arriving hasnt helped either

Arriving at a team looking for promotion to the PL after few months off would be difficult, have to give him time. Hope people don't use it as a stick to beat him with.

Mushy wrote:
    Arriving at a team looking for promotion to the PL after few months off would be difficult, have to give him time. Hope people don't use it as a stick to beat him with.

I'm not, had really hoped he would start with a bang and get a few run outs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Derby sack Paul Clement, seems like a bonkers decision. They were top of the league for a while and have hit a rough patch the last 6 or 7 games but are still top six. Seems a crazy decision.

Derby sack Paul Clement, seems like a bonkers decision. They were top of the league for a while and have hit a rough patch the last 6 or 7 games but are still top six. Seems a crazy decision.

Crazy stuff

WTF...I know they are on a bad run but seems a really stupid decision.

I suppose they are looking at last year where they couldn't get out of the rut so they don't want to risk it again. There is some mental issue with the Derby players when they get into this position. Even with that it is a crazy decision. Very attractive job for whoever wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not saying it's the right decision, but The Ostrich will end up with that job surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The Candy Crush guy at Derby has been meddling in team affairs since Christmas, this is not unexpected to Derby fans!

Phil Gartside chairman of Bolton Wanderers has died.

Derbys miserable run continues !!!

Derby win 2 in a row !! Still hoping !!

• Advertisement

Burnley go top. Huge win today coming from a goal down with 15 mins to go.

Karanka looks to be on the way out at 'Boro. He apparently told the players he no longer wanted to manage them before walking out of a team meeting and leaving the training ground, per Sky, BBC and others.

Very tight at the top now. 'Boro have a game in hand so could conceivably be just 1 point off Burnley with a win there, yet Hull have a game in hand on them so 'Boro could be in the playoff spots depending on what Hull do in those games. They looked to be cruising their way to promotion a while ago but now have only won 3 of their last 10.

What is it with Derby and 'Boro every single year?

Bizarre carry on, I know he is a bit of a perfectionist, he seems to be making his position almost untenable. No point in going to war with more than one player when you the manager attack several then you become the problem not the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

its that time of year - squeaky bum time - where Fear dictates rational behaviour

Derby 3 up now 3-3..Good God..Leon Best back to haunt us !! Agh...

Derby need a psychologist rather than a new manager. They have been dragged back into the race for the last two playoff places. Important game for Birmingham tomorrow, can't afford to lose.

Burnley look set to get an automatic place, great consistency recently. I fancy Hull to get the second spot, Bruce has the experience of the close end of the season while Boro seem to be cracking up.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Derby need a psychologist rather than a new manager. They have been dragged back into the race for the last two playoff places. Important game for Birmingham tomorrow, can't afford to lose.

Burnley look set to get an automatic place, great consistency recently. I fancy Hull to get the second spot, Bruce has the experience of the close end of the season while Boro seem to be cracking up.

Typical Derby...always throwing it away..Burnley are a good team esp Gray...class act..

Burnley have 33 pts from the last 39. Dyche is a real old school manager plays 442 and very rarely changes the team . Did the same in the PL last year.

2-0 defeat at relegation bound Charlton for 'Boro today. Oh dear.

If Hull win their game in hand, they're ahead of them by 1 point into the automatic spot. Hull really blew a chance to create a gap yesterday by drawing at home to MK Dons.

Hull play boro next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement