Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship/L1/L2 & Conference - 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Now Dougie Freedman is gone - Paul Williams in charge until the end of the season. Thought he had done ok given the FFP restrictions but the often turgid football and falling gates were unlikely to endear him to the trigger-happy Fawaz.

Forest have been on a downward spiral since the inexplicable sacking of Sean O'Driscoll on St Stepehn's Day 2012. I'm tired of the endless missed payments and winiding-up petitions which do so much harm to the club's reputation. The club needs restructuring off the field before it can succeed on it. Not holding my breath though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hull cack themselves again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Brighton's flying on the radar - lots of media reports about it being Burnley, Hull and Boro at the top only and some including Derby but never Brighton - might have to end soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

L1011 wrote: »
    Brighton's flying on the radar - lots of media reports about it being Burnley, Hull and Boro at the top only and some including Derby but never Brighton - might have to end soon.

Big games in the next two weeks. Hull v boro this week and then Brighton v burnley after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I fancy Hull to get the second spot, Bruce has the experience of the close end of the season while Boro seem to be cracking up.

Well this prediction is going well after tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's actually more interesting than the PL at this stage which is saying something. Nobody wants to catch Leicester or maybe Spurs vs. nobody wants to get promoted automatically. I'd love to see Brighton do it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Derby 1 Florist 0..oh yeah....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bolton Wanderers are gone, MK Dons and Charlton look doomed as well.

Crewe Alexander are relegated

Northampton Town go up to League One. Dagenham & Red look done heading to the Vanarama Conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Burton doing their best to piss away automatic promotion. That's 2 loses and 2 draws in their last 4 games.

• Advertisement

Warnock has done some job with Rotherham.

Bad results for Cardiff and Ipswich, not capitalising on Sheff Wed's loss. It ends Ipswich's play-off challenge and gives Cardiff only an outside shot.

Good win for The Rams, 2 on the spin !!

Derby make the playoffs !! Happy Ram here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Dear neutrals, how on gods earth is this a yellow card offence @ 1:10

http://bit.ly/26epR9m

Massive win for Burton today with Walsall losing. Still going to go down to the wire but Burton in pole position now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

And with that win over Crewe, Oldham are safe!!!! It was a big ask for the legend that now is John Sheridan after 2 of the worst managers ( David Dunne, DAVID F***ING DUNNE!!!) to ever grace Boundary Park, in Shazza we trust. Hope we can hold on to him, rumours of Bolton sniffing around. Roll on 2016/2017 season, onwards and upwards. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    And with that win over Crewe, Oldham are safe!!!! It was a big ask for the legend that now is John Sheridan after 2 of the worst managers ( David Dunne, DAVID F***ING DUNNE!!!) to ever grace Boundary Park, in Shazza we trust. Hope we can hold on to him, rumours of Bolton sniffing around. Roll on 2016/2017 season, onwards and upwards. :)

You're safe from Bolton anyway. I reckon they'll snag our man Phil Brown instead. Hopefully not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MK Dons Relegated to League 1. Wimbledon in Playoff spot for League 1.

\o/

BURTON!!! 92nd minute winner!! One more point needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Sheff Wed make the play offs with a 3-0 win over Cardiff . It looked like they were running out of steam but Hopper has hit form , hope he can keep it going .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Pretty limp end of season for the Shrimpers, particularly in contrast to the dram of last year (seven straight wins to get up from midtable followed by a last day loss to drop out of the automotic promotion spots leading to a 122nd minute equaliser and a penalty shoot out win at Wembley :) ).

I toyed with going over to Bury for the last game on Sunday but couldn't be arsed. It's that kind of end of season I guess.

Disappointing that two of our starlets, Dan Bentley and Jack Payne, are out of contract and off in the summer. Bentley has been linked to Rangers and Payne to Sparta Rotterdam so it's possible they'll both leave for nothing.

• Advertisement

Burton just need a draw away to already relegated Doncaster on Sunday and they are in the Championship. Although Burton could still lose by a goal providing Walsall don't win by more than one themselves and still go up. Hopefully it won't come down to goal difference and Burton will get the job done. Walsall have a tough away game against Port Vale anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Beefy78 wrote:
    Disappointing that two of our starlets, Dan Bentley and Jack Payne, are out of contract and off in the summer. Bentley has been linked to Rangers and Payne to Sparta Rotterdam so it's possible they'll both leave for nothing.

They said after the Sheffield United game on TV that Payne wad "very close" to signing a new contract. I guess that was all lies so in an attempt to ward others off him!

Strange choices of teams though, particularly for Bentley. I had him joining QPR down as a banker. Ah we still have Ted Smith anyway!

José Riga resigns as Charlton boss

Bad injury for George Thorne of Derby..He will be a major loss for playoffs...
    A bad tackle in the 84th minute of a match where there was nothing at stake...

Burton are up! What a nervy game that was yesterday but at least they got over the line!

Just realised Dozen Wicked Words closed his account a while back, shame to lose a good poster. League 1 football for him and the Cobblers next season after romping League 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭markest

Jus thought i'd show you some quotes from the team that finished 13 points behind us.

Oxford United manager Michael Appleton says his side have been "the best team" in League Two this season.

The U's won 3-0 against Wycombe on Saturday to seal second place in the table and return to the third tier for the first time since 2001.

"This will cheese off a few Northampton fans but this year's been fantastic and all credit to them," he said.

"I genuinely believe, overall, what the players have achieved over 60 games has been magnificent."

Derby blowing it again this year. Hull 2-0 up at Derby at half time.

Listening to this, it sounds like Derby have no thrust at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

3-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Paully D wrote: »
    Derby blowing it again this year. Hull 2-0 up at Derby at half time.
    They're getting a reputation now, fairly or not, as end of season"bottlers". Done it again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shackell left burnley as he wanted to make it back to the premier league.

Barnsley are thrashing Walsall, Brighton and Walsall came so close to going up automatically and neither have been able to land a blow in their first leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

blueser wrote: »
    They're getting a reputation now, fairly or not, as end of season"bottlers". Done it again today.

Derby will need a new manager this summer - Roy Keane could be the man to lift that bottler tag - need something to propel them up

thebaz wrote: »
    Derby will need a new manager this summer - Roy Keane could be the man to lift that bottler tag - need something to propel them up
    Derby were shocking bad by all accounts..luckily I missed it...and I genuinely thought we would beat them no bother....
    Roy Keane at Derby, no thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just ahead of start of the 2nd legs tonight.

Away goals only count after Extra time just like the League Cup Semi Finals :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hope Brighton can turn this around tonight. It wouldn't be so bad if they got beat by Hull but to lose out to a team that were 14 points behind you in the league is just unfair imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Knockaert could have had 4 in the first 17 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Brighton look like men on a mission, well deserve the lead. Wednesday haven't turned up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

1-1 with virtually Wednesday's first attack of the game after 28 minutes. Was a foul in the build as well. Brighton having no luck in this tie whatsoever.

Shouldn't have been a goal, Brighton still look up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wednesday have been awful but easily could have gone in 2-1 up on the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You'd wonder how that could be 1-1 after that first half. They have to do better in front of goal. They have it in them to pull this one out of the fire but unfortunately their finishing is more than likely going to prevent that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

As a Watford fan, I really hope Wednesday go up. They're no where near the required quality of the PL imo. I think it'd be a short stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

SantryRed wrote: »
    As a Watford fan, I really hope Wednesday go up. They're no where near the required quality of the PL imo. I think it'd be a short stay.
    I don't think either of them are, to be honest. Hull look the best bet of the 3 (I think Derby can be discounted!) left to stay up. They've got a few players with PL experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Dreadful second half. Very low quality.

Wednesday shut up shop effectively in the second half, Brighton just lacking the quality to open up the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

As a Wednesday fan, that was most enjoyable, eventually! Brighton unlucky, especially in the first half and with the goal. Excellent control of the game in the 2nd half. Hull definitely favourites now, and maybe if we get up to the Premier League we won't be good enough, but I'd be very happy to take the chance.

I'd love to see Wednesday go up but I think Hull will beat them unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I hope Hull are massive favourites for the final, so pressure is off.
    We matched them in the away game itll be tough but hey owt is possible after this season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement