Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship/L1/L2 & Conference - 2015/16

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ideal start for derby anyway. Got 1 goal back, 2 more to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Derby Co 2-0 Hull Tigers ;)

Game on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Should be 3 all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Come on derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Do they really need to do a pitch invasion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poor carry on from some of the Hull fans gloating in the face of the Derby players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

Some fans goading the Derby palyers and manager instead of celebrating the win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

Well, it's their last home game of the season and they have just booked a spot in Wembley so I wouldn't begrudge them their pitch invasion. But that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hope Wednesday do the business against Hull now, can't stick Steve Bruce.

• Advertisement

Can't see Will Hughes starting next season with Derby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We've probably seen the two worst performances in play off history to make it to the final in the past two nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Sheffield Wednesday V Hull before the Madrid Champions League Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Roanmore wrote: »
    Some fans goading the Derby palyers and manager instead of celebrating the win.
    Came across as small time idiots there. Giving it the big 'un in Keogh's face, instead of celebrating your side getting to Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Steve Bruce looks reyt happy with that. Kinda glad we're not facing Derby now.

Football League re-structure proposals - with four divisions of 20 teams.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/19/football-league-shakeup-four-divisions-extra-teams
    The Football League has proposed a radical shakeup to reduce fixture congestion that will increase the number of clubs from 72 to 80 and potentially open the door for a winter break and an end to FA Cup replays.

The plans, which would come into force from 2019-20, would see the Football League reorganised from three division into four divisions of 20 teams. The proposals have emerged from discussions between the Football League, Premier League and Football Association over how to solve fixture congestion.

The proposed changes, decided by the Football League board and agreed in principle by executives at the FA and the Premier League, will be discussed by the existing 72 clubs at their summer meeting next month.
    FA and Premier League to hold fresh talks over winter break

A vote will not take place until summer 2017. The plans would require the approval of 65 of the 72 Football League clubs and will be sold to them on the basis of a guarantee they will not lose out financially despite playing four fewer home matches per season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Don't like the proposal. The Championship will lose some of its appeal if this goes ahead. It won't be as gruelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It sounds like a lot of the lower league teams would lose out if this goes ahead. Match day revenue is vital for a lot of them and less home games etc would damage them a fair bit I would say. It's hard to know until it's plotted out more specifically but that's the impression I was getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I like Steve Bruce from his United days and he's obviously a very capable manager at a certain level but I want Wednesday to get promoted. I know people talk about yo-yo teams but Steve Bruce is a yo-yo manager. He might only have been relegated once (correct me if i'm wrong) but you just know he'll always struggle in the PL and he won't be able to establish a promoted team in the league. I'd feel the same about Burnley. And Norwich are another one. They're well run clubs and I guess they're doing it the right way by not investing too much when they get promoted, but they don't add anything to the PL as a spectacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Corholio wrote: »
    It sounds like a lot of the lower league teams would lose out if this goes ahead. Match day revenue is vital for a lot of them and less home games etc would damage them a fair bit I would say. It's hard to know until it's plotted out more specifically but that's the impression I was getting.

May mean less games but could equal more weekend games which can get more of a crowd than mid week games

May mean less games but could equal more weekend games which can get more of a crowd than mid week games

Good point, although a shorter season with, in some cases, 4 league games is still a lot to make up for. I'm not sure it would balance it out, especially in lower league teams where attendances don't fluctuate enough anyway and certainly not to the degree to make a significant difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think the best way would be to leave championship and league 1 and then the setup the 2 lower divisions as regionalised leagues like in Spain and Germany. Saves clubs and fans on travel expenses and builds up local rivalries and that will increase gate receipts with increased away fan attendances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Chansiri has paid for all the staff at Hillsborough for tickets and travel for the Final.

Love this man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Aaaaaand we're doomed. Sheridan gone to Notts County. Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Line up for the weekend.

England - Championship:: play-off May 28th
    17:00 Hull City - Sheffield Wednesday

England - League 1:: play-off May 29th
    15:00 Barnsley - Millwall

England - League 2:: play-off May 30th
    15:00 AFC Wimbledon - Plymouth Argyle

I think Hull will probably win but would love to see Sheffield Wednesday go up.

Barnsley and Plymouth to win the others.

• Advertisement

Nigel Pearson is an interesting choice for Derby, they have the players but are just lacking a belief.

Johner wrote: »
    Barnsley and Plymouth to win the others.

Barnsley ahead inside 2 minutes. This is going to be a cracker.

The Tykes by name tykes by nature.

What a goal!!

Adam Hammill - Liverpool reserves legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Quality strike

Barnsley 3 - 1 and some Millwall supporters are rioting. Hammill had a coin thrown at him earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Barnsley 3 - 1 and some Millwall supporters are rioting. Hammill had a coin thrown at him earlier.
    https://twitter.com/FootyAwayDays_/status/736948903631818753

There's a section of Millwall fans that will never, ever change. They're hellbent on causing trouble. Pity really, as the decent fans will get tarred with the same brush. Which is patently nonsense.

Barnsley been the best team in all of the play offs. Amazing recovery from being bottom in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kind of glad not to be in the same division as Milwall next year. Games against them would not be worth the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the Championship is going to be some league to get out of - with some big hitters - Benitez at Newcastle, Monk at Leeds, diMatteo at Villa, Pearson at Derby - seriously strong second tier league

Wolves sold to Chinese group for £45m
    Wolves have been taken over for £45m by a Chinese group, Fosun International, the club has announced.

The Championship side have been up for sale since 2015 and Fosun is to pump up to £30m into the club over the next two years as part of the deal.

The investment group has links with the super-agent Jorge Mendes who represents José Mourinho and Cristiano Ronaldo and has stakes in the travel agent Thomas Cook, among other interests.

Fosun will have a football board of four people with Jeff Shi, who led the negotiations on behalf of Fosun, becoming the club’s representative. Sky Sun will join him with two local businessmen John Bowater and John Gough remaining as non-executive board members.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/21/wolves-takeover-sale-chinese-group-fosun-international#comment-79568806

Advertisement