Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Dealer Management Software DMS

Options
  • 17-06-2015 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I'm trying to identify an affordable software system for managing motor dealer sales, stockbook, VAT etc.
    I'm aware of three main options; ADP/Kerridge, Autoview and Avonbrook/Fortuna but they all seem to cost tens of thousands up-front, plus annual fees.
    Does anyone know of any other good options? Or have any tips on how best to manage motor sales accounts without incurring major expense?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

EZduzzit wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm trying to identify an affordable software system for managing motor dealer sales, stockbook, VAT etc.
    I'm aware of three main options; ADP/Kerridge, Autoview and Avonbrook/Fortuna but they all seem to cost tens of thousands up-front, plus annual fees.
    Does anyone know of any other good options? Or have any tips on how best to manage motor sales accounts without incurring major expense?
    Thanks.

Fortuna is cloud based so it doesn't require on site servers etc so it's probably the most affordable option for a startup

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

EZduzzit wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks.

Do an excel course, has pretty much everything you need and costs nothing. Used it for years in a small motor dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EZduzzit

Kevin! wrote: »
    Fortuna is cloud based so it doesn't require on site servers etc so it's probably the most affordable option for a startup

Thanks for that. I didn't realise that Fortuna was now cloud based. I must have a look at it again.

Do you know of any other systems or is it a case of either make do with Excel or jump to one of the three main options?

dbrunson wrote: »
    Do an excel course, has pretty much everything you need and costs nothing. Used it for years in a small motor dealership.

Did you use excel just for stock and car deals (buy-ins, sales, trade-ins and vat) and have an accounting package for the 'normal' stuff or was it excel all the way?
    I'm trying to avoid having a bunch of spreadsheets.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

I emailed garagemanager.ie a few months back, still know reply, looks to be affordable with good recommendation. if you email them, let me know if you get a response, I'm currently in your situation.

• Advertisement

drver1 wrote: »
    I emailed garagemanager.ie a few months back, still know reply, looks to be affordable with good recommendation. if you email them, let me know if you get a response, I'm currently in your situation.

Thanks a mil, that looks like a great solution, the website says all the right things. Though the fact you haven't been able to get a response dents confidence a bit.
    I'll let you know how I get on with my own enquiry.

I came upon another system in my web searches which I hadn't heard of before: dms.ie
    The fact that it's built on MS Dynamics NAV might make it a bit more pricey and the screenshots don't look the most intuitive but it's another one for the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

used excel for everything, tabbed, if your not doing huge volume its perfect and free, for me being self employed is all about low overheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭suchafunkymonke

You could try StarGarage

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stargarage/

I haven't used it before, but its Open Source (free) so maybe worth a try.

Advertisement