Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford Ind Estate Parking?

Options
  • 17-06-2015 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently interviewing for a position based in Sandyford Industrial Estate and as I'm coming from the northside (swords) I'd really need to drive to get to work. I know space is at a premium around there but could someone tell me the options for parking, and prices? Is it hard to get a space in the mornings i.e. does parking fill up etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Theres the stillorgan luas p&r. Not sure what the daily rate is, no more than €4 p/d

It never fills up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Hi all,

I'm currently interviewing for a position based in Sandyford Industrial Estate and as I'm coming from the northside (swords) I'd really need to drive to get to work. I know space is at a premium around there but could someone tell me the options for parking, and prices? Is it hard to get a space in the mornings i.e. does parking fill up etc?

Most companies there have space for staff cars. Have you checked that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

The site formely occupied by Atlantic homecare, next to the Stillorgan P&R is the cheapest - about €11 for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭needhelpguy

Yeah I think the space they have is only for VPs and managers etc. I had a look at the luas park and ride alright, 80 a month plus 80 a month for the M50 toll. So €160/month out of my wages right off the bat. Will need to have a serious think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe try find out is there anyone else in your workplace that lives along your route who wants to carpool with you, they could help cover the cost of the parking/tolls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If you get in early enough in the morning (around 8am), you will be able to park on the road in the industrial estate. As far as I know, it's 3 Euro a day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

On the road parking is a fiver for the day and parking in the Beacon is 4 euro for the day.

If you're thinking of the Luas P+R check the terms and conditions first as I think you're meant to have a Luas ticket to park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Have you looked into public transport? The Luas is fast and reliable. Could save you both time and money.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It'd be a good idea for you to do a trial run some morning to see what the traffic will be like as it can get pretty bad coming off the M50 up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Aard wrote: »
    Have you looked into public transport? The Luas is fast and reliable. Could save you both time and money.

Luas is great but it's doesn't go anywhere near Swords. A commute across the city life that would be a minimum of 90 minutes each way, more if anything happens on the north side of the city or city centre. Public transport will be cheaper but definitely not compeditive on time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

markpb wrote: »
    Luas is great but it's doesn't go anywhere near Swords. A commute across the city life that would be a minimum of 90 minutes each way, more if anything happens on the north side of the city or city centre. Public transport will be cheaper but definitely not compeditive on time.

I was working out by the beacon on-site with a customer for a few days got the 41 then the 11. It did take the time you say but driving it often took two hours on the m50

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Aard wrote: »

Have to wait a while before it goes to Swords!

Advertisement