Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rats blocking sewage drain

• 17-06-2015 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I've been having a repeat problem with rats recently where they have been blocking the household sewage drain. This affects our plumbing as it can result in overflow from the waste drains. It first happened a few years ago when there were works going on in the estate and a few people complained of something similar, but it's happened again recently, twice now in the past 6 months. I've called Dynorod on one occasion but I unblocked the drain myself the second time. It's not a particularly hard problem to fix when it happens, but it's disgusting having to do it.

I'm planning on giving some pest controllers a call to see about dealing with it, but just wondering if anyone has any experience of this issue? I know rats can be difficult to get rid of around the home but what can be done to remove them from sewage drains?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Sorry OP,
    As per the charter, discussion of pest control is not permitted in this forum.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement