Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas roadworks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Passed this today, backed up about 20 cars going into douglas at 7.20 in the evening. Absolute madness. One or two cars wanting to go right to kinsale roundabout can completely screw traffic. Is this what it's going to be like permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Austria! wrote: »
    Passed this today, backed up about 20 cars going into douglas at 7.20 in the evening. Absolute madness. One or two cars wanting to go right to kinsale roundabout can completely screw traffic. Is this what it's going to be like permanently?

Its a joke at this stage, can't understand how these roadworks have taken so long. I mean it looks like going into the long weekend and they're still not finished.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

jamesbere wrote: »
    Its a joke at this stage, can't understand how these roadworks have taken so long. I mean it looks like going into the long weekend and they're still not finished.

Passed there a few times recently and I cannot understand how it's taking so long, and what the need was in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I can't help but think that this must be doing that contractors name damage at this stage.

They started on site in June, I am beginning to think that this contractor is busy on more lucrative work and is perhaps allocating resources elsewhere, either that or they are charging the council by the hour.

I had the pleasure of been stuck there this afternoon, that left straight on lane is still closed off, the only reason i could see was because there was a cherry picker parked there unused, which could have been parked up on the now extended foot path.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm shocked to see they are still working on it. I remember back at the start of this post user 'hoodwinked' said they would still be at it come the return to school in September...I laughed to myself..hats off to you hoodwinked ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've been caught there on two occasions, both on Sundays when it slipped my mind to go through the housing estates and avoid the traffic and have been stuck there for a good 10-15mins each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Made a complete bollox of this ,all for a few pc cycle lanes..those lights by roundabout are illegal people are driving straight through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Made a complete bollox of this ,all for a few pc cycle lanes..those lights by roundabout are illegal people are driving straight through them.

What's a "pc" cycle lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I don't understand why the South Douglas road works are taking so long, the Douglas Road one took a matter of weeks, and that involved a raised path.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I delighted to inform you all that I passed those never ending roadworks earlier and they have disappeared. 2 lanes are reopened.
    Praise the Lord....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

kub wrote: »
    I delighted to inform you all that I passed those never ending roadworks earlier and they have disappeared. 2 lanes are reopened.
    Praise the Lord....
    Just passed this! ESB were all over it last night so maybe there were some electrical issues they had to sort out before they could open it.

No sign of a cycle lane, not sure where reports of them putting one in came from, AFAIK it was always a footpath widening exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

TheChizler wrote: »
    Just passed this! ESB were all over it last night so maybe there were some electrical issues they had to sort out before they could open it.

No sign of a cycle lane, not sure where reports of them putting one in came from, AFAIK it was always a footpath widening exercise.

As far as I know it was a waste of time project in the Banana Republic.

Advertisement