Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks, Fingal County Council.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

64845_1_1483193912.jpg

Reported this on Dec 31st. They acknowledged it on Jan 3rd. It was still there on Thurs, but has now been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Reported this on Dec 31st. They acknowledged it on Jan 3rd. It was still there on Thurs, but has now been removed.

Just wondering how you reported it? Sent in a photo of rubbish dumped in my area via "See it Say it" app before Xmas & haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rushfan wrote: »
    Just wondering how you reported it? Sent in a photo of rubbish dumped in my area via "See it Say it" app before Xmas & haven't heard anything.

Big up to FCC for helping my neighbour out over the Xmas, I won't go into more for privacy reasons but they were brilliant...

I know we had a big leak outside the house and my missus reported it to Fix My Street.ie and it was sorted soon after, maybe post it there?

Fieldog wrote:
    I know we had a big leak outside the house and my missus reported it to Fix My Street.ie and it was sorted soon after, maybe post it there?

Cheers, I'll give that a shot. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's fixyourstreet.ie

It may take them a few working days to respond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Thanks to fingal CC for the excercise equipment that is now out at newbridge house. Also a set down at the estuary near seabury estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

It was an appalling morning with storm Doris blowing a hooley, and nobody in their right minds would be willingly out on the roads, but still at 0630 Fingal County Council were out in the little roadsweeper busily cleaning the streets of Skerries. Well done, team!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

FCC teams were busy all day with tree's down ,hedges and branch's falling across footpath's and in to road's all across the county,and working with Open Eir and ESB Network's at many location's,thank's to all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Went to the free open air cinema last Thursday night to watch In America. Great little event for free so thumbs up from me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thought the council did a great job the past few days, fair play to them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Full marks to FCC for the fireworks display last night, once again it was stunning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Full marks to FCC for the fireworks display last night, once again it was stunning :)

Have to agree with you there. Fantastic display in a fantastic setting.
    Nice job Fingal CC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye huge crowd, very safe, awesome fireworks, some of the best I have seen and I have seen alot over the years, Kids loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Plenty of photos on their Facebook page

Great night. Great music, and great fireworks.

The new landscaped area at the end of the Rathbeale road is looking good. Always nice to see some greenery being encouraged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

rushfan wrote: »
    The new landscaped area at the end of the Rathbeale road is looking good. Always nice to see some greenery being encouraged.

We passed it yesterday, they were rolling out the new grass. It's really lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

We passed it yesterday, they were rolling out the new grass. It's really lovely :)

It does look well. It's weird how that area was hidden behind a hedge until recently.

I also spotted the deer at the roundabout yesterday. They're very discrete and you'd easily miss them. Very nice too. All helping to improve the town and good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

Thanks to Fingal COCo for planting 20 lovely new trees in the Chapel Farm Estate in Lusk recently. They planted a similar number elsewhere in the estate last year. They are all looking beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Well done fingal for gritting and salting the roads in the nth county, I had to get into town tonight and the roads up until Whitehall were clear it was only after there that the roads were very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

Well done fingal for gritting and salting the roads in the nth county, I had to get into town tonight and the roads up until Whitehall were clear it was only after there that the roads were very bad

Agreeded I've been in lots of places across Dublin and fingal is the only area well gritted. Well done Fingal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

FCC and indeed all the local and gov services have been exemplary. Can't thank them enough, keeping us safe and doing a good job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RobFowl wrote: »
    FCC and indeed all the local and gov services have been exemplary. Can't thank them enough, keeping us safe and doing a good job.

The alert system is great for updates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great job done around NCD over the last 5 days. Well done Fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Yes I have to say the FCC not only did a fantastic job over the last few days but I feel that they have been excellent throughout the Winter constantly salting and gritting roads during cold and frosty spells.

Excellent Job FCC, keep it up !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

There are excavators on the site opposite the Garden Park - junction of Rathbeale Road/Church Road, Swords (derelict hses site)

I understand that there is a 161 bed Nursing Home being built on that site.

The approach from the Rathbeale Road to Swords will be transformed with the Park and the Nursing Home.

It'll be nice to see something finally built there - and the little park across the way from it is looking amazing, with the wood carving and raised zen garden in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Well done Fingal on the Leinster pipe band championship held in Swords castle last Saturday. The setting was superb and a huge hit with all the bands and spectators. Bands from Limerick, Waterford Wexford, Carlow, Tyrone Laoise and Dublin competed. The weather was also very good.

Hats off to Cllr David O;Connor who put huge time into the event and to Darragh Butler, Mayor Mary McCamley and the staff in Fingal C.C who made the day a huge success. It is expected to be an even bigger event in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

• Advertisement

That's brilliant! Hopefully the first of many :)

Advertisement