Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks, Fingal County Council.

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Balleally site is nice to walk around. Only open on Saturdays, from 9:30am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Yes, thanks FCC for this amenity, which made me discover Rogerstown Park on the other side of the estuary

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

You didn't also ask them to replace some of the light bulbs on the northern one by any chance?

No, at the time of emailing. I hadn't used the Northern one for quite a while. I went through yesterday after 3pm, it's quite dark alright especially at that hour. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that on the second of the tunnels on that side, that the contractors had also painted over the political symbol, an outfit who I have never heard of.

rushfan wrote: »
    I had emailed Fingal CC back in Oct re graffiti in both the Northbound & Southbound cycle tunnels at the M1/R132 interchange. Got an email back telling me they'd be back in touch when someone was out to inspect it, which did'nt fill me with hope. I cycled through both sections on Tues, and all affected area were painted over. The area looks so much better. And I emailed my gratitude. Thanks FCC!

And , typically the graffiti is back in one of the tunnels at least! Sod that anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

FCC are currently putting a protected cycle lane in Rivervalley in Swords, it's a pilot project. They've resurfaced the road and replaced all the shores with ones that are flush with the surface. There's a kerb between the cycle lane and the road, it's looking good and it will be much safer than the old one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

FCC were planting more bulbs along part of the ring road in Lusk during the week. They did the first section of it last year, and the wild flowers all came into bloom just at the start of lockdown. The ring road was used by many for their daily exercise during lockdown and I know it really brightened up my walks.

FCC are currently putting a protected cycle lane in Rivervalley in Swords, it's a pilot project. They've resurfaced the road and replaced all the shores with ones that are flush with the surface. There's a kerb between the cycle lane and the road, it's looking good and it will be much safer than the old one :)

I had a look at them today, the path looks a little narrow, but hell I'm not complaining. As a cyclist, this is a big improvement. It will be interesting to see how far down past the school the protection extends, also it will force all those who currently park in the cycle lane outside the "Jacko" to use the car park in the shopping centre. How awful that said drivers will have to walk approx. 200m to their cars. Shocking!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I had a look at them today, the path looks a little narrow, but hell I'm not complaining. As a cyclist, this is a big improvement. It will be interesting to see how far down past the school the protection extends, also it will force all those who currently park in the cycle lane outside the "Jacko" to use the car park in the shopping centre. How awful that said drivers will have to walk approx. 200m to their cars. Shocking!!

The cycle lane will go the full way around the estate from entrance to entrance. Great news as I cycle with my 6-year-old to his school daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭PCros

Is there an email for roads in Swords?

I live off a road that is particularly dirty due to high volumes of cement trucks.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It is a pity this site didn't get opened up for more use. Hopefully next year they can open up more than just Saturdays during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

PCros wrote: »
    Is there an email for roads in Swords?

I live off a road that is particularly dirty due to high volumes of cement trucks.

Thanks

You can report it on http://fixyourstreet.ie/

Or email reports@fixyourstreet.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Just want to say well done to Fingal CC (assuming it's them) for all the planting of Tulips and Daffodils in green spaces around the place. I've noticed it in a number of areas in Swords so I'm guessing the council did it. It adds a lot of nice colour as you're out and about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭PCros

tobsey wrote: »
    Just want to say well done to Fingal CC (assuming it's them) for all the planting of Tulips and Daffodils in green spaces around the place. I've noticed it in a number of areas in Swords so I'm guessing the council did it. It adds a lot of nice colour as you're out and about.

Yes from Rivervalley through Kinsealy they are pretty much everywhere and it really does make the place look even nicer.

Also that park known as the "Triangle" (across from the new old folks home on Bridge st.) looks really nice, great job done on that.

I'm also equally delighted that people attending mass can't abandon ship.

They're so well planned too, the colours and varieties are stunning. That little park in Bridge Street is gorgeous - and a lovely view for at least some of the nursing residents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

Thanks for the new toilet(s) at Newbridge playground! Much nice than the old once.

Advertisement