Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repossessed house for sale

Options
  • 17-06-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Went to view a house recently and it had "NO SALE DISPUTED" sprayed on it, has anyone come across this and would you follow it up or stay clear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

sonny123 wrote: »
    Went to view a house recently and it had "NO SALE DISPUTED" sprayed on it, has anyone come across this and would you follow it up or stay clear?

could be a fellow buyer... slick move

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

God only knows.
    At the end of the day- a loan is a loan.
    If you don't repay your debts- a day of reckoning will eventually come.
    The ridiculously low repossession rate in Ireland- is unique in a global context- and a symptom of our parochial politics system.........
    You're as entitled to bid/buy the property- as is anyone else.
    If the previous owner had any sense they would have engaged with the bank- and would still be present in the property.

I'd research who the previous own is, their ties to the community- aka whether or not they might cause future trouble for a potential owner- before I bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sonny123

The auctioneer says that he spoke to the owner and he said that he agreed it had to be sold and also the receiver said that one way or the other the property Had to be sold.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

sonny123 wrote: »
    The auctioneer says that he spoke to the owner and he said that he agreed it had to be sold and also the receiver said that one way or the other the property Had to be sold.

Don't take what they have said for granted- go do your own research. Obviously someone feels aggrieved- you don't spraypaint houses like this- without having a bone to pick.........

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd go back a spray i just bought this underneath.
    But on a serious note seems someone is playing silly beggers rather than taking responsibility for their situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Check the owner out on facebook and see if he "likes" stuff like Direct Democracy Ireland, The Land League etc. There may be a "rent a mob" involved.

Advertisement