Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ah Swiper, have a look at those stats:

6 goals and 2 assists in 26 games in 2012-2013. 2
    7 goals and 3 assists in 19 games in 2013-2014 when he left mid season.

Those are good for a 6.5 million midfielder.

Even in his first season, 4 goals and 8 assists in 34 games.

Don't get me wrong, I expect him to do 'quite well'. I mentioned in an earlier post how I remember he went on a great run for FPL in his last season and left soon afterwards. If you take those out of it as an anomaly of sorts then his record would suggest that he's decent value at 6.5m but not a no-brainer in my opinion. From last season alone I can think of Siggy, Henderson, Bolassie, Chadli, Downing, Mane, who have roughly similar stats and all started at the same or less than 6.5m.

Great stuff, I'm back doing what I love most:pac: It's good to be back although I have no intention of picking a team until the final week, I'll just sit back and stir the pot a bit when I have the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 1m1 minute ago
    DONE DEAL: Marco van Ginkel has joined Stoke City on a season-long loan from Chelsea.

That's reported to be part of the Begovic to Chelsea deal, which will clear the way for Butland to be #1.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 3m3 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Sky Sources: Glen Johnson having medical at Stoke City #SSNHQ

So Cameron, Bardsley, and GJ all for one position

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jul/100715-tennis-player-mariusz-fyrstenberg-on-fantasy-premier-league.html

I remember wonski talking about this guy last season. He was remarkably consistent. Someone on FFS also said that Andy Murray and him were in a bidding war over Rooney when Murray dropped out all of a sudden. Murray had rang up Rooney and Wayne said he wasn't fit for the next match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Am I the only person that thinks Joel Ward is cracking value at 4.5 million?Pardew's teams are generally good for clean sheets as well.

Not until the start of October for me given their fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jul/100715-tennis-player-mariusz-fyrstenberg-on-fantasy-premier-league.html

I remember wonski talking about this guy last season. He was remarkably consistent. Someone on FFS also said that Andy Murray and him were in a bidding war over Rooney when Murray dropped out all of a sudden. Murray had rang up Rooney and Wayne said he wasn't fit for the next match!

Nice plug for FFS there from him! Be nice to be able to just ring up players to check on their fitness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just looking ahead, trying to plan. Who are we going to captain in GW2, looks a minefield!!

CSF wrote: »
    Just looking ahead, trying to plan. Who are we going to captain in GW2, looks a minefield!!

Now that's a no-brainer, Danny Graham is home against Norwich. I believe he has a grudge against them since the day Mickey Turner sledged him by quoting some of Lemlins posts from here.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kane will be the hot favourite, surely?

Rooney or an Arsenal mid will be the popular choices I imagine. Friday night captain fail would be terrible though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

manual_man wrote:

I can't see Kane's ownership being very high though.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

He doesn't seem to be popping up in too many teams. He is a good choice that GW though

Yeah I guess if a lot are going with Aguero, it might be hard to fit Kane in too budget considering. I do think Kane is a bargain at 9.5 though, I never saw him coming in at under 10. GW1 I'll be starting off with Kane, though no Aguero. After that we'll see how things pan out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Are the new features a replacement for the 2 wildcards and can they only be played once
    • ALL OUT ATTACK

PLAY
      ?
    • TRIPLE CAPTAIN

PLAY
      ?
    • BENCH BOOST

PLAY
      ?

Yeah going with Kane becomes a consideration for GW2 captain alone. Assuming Kane wasn't available, who is next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote:
    Yeah going with Kane becomes a consideration for GW2 captain alone.

Good point. Kane for 2-3 weeks with 3.5m itb and then transferring in Aguero is worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Are the new features a replacement for the 2 wildcards and can they only be played once
    • ALL OUT ATTACK

PLAY
      ?
    • TRIPLE CAPTAIN

PLAY
      ?
    • BENCH BOOST

PLAY
      ?

Only played once, can only play one any particular week. No 2 w-cards still available, not confined to January though for 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Yeah going with Kane becomes a consideration for GW2 captain alone. Assuming Kane wasn't available, who is next?

firminio possibly? home to bournemouth

Rooney has a ridiculous record against your lot, definitely a viable captain choice that week I think.

Sakho either though that's a bit "punty".

firminio possibly? home to bournemouth

Again, is Firmino value at 8.5?

Paully D wrote: »
    Rooney has a ridiculous record against your lot, definitely a viable captain choice that week I think.

Sakho either though that's a bit "punty".
    Only the one goal in the 2 games last season thankfully. Not sure he'll be out of that midfield role also. Can't see him in my team.

• Advertisement

Again, is Firmino value at 8.5?

brave man who has him in their squad starting off. plenty of established options at 8.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

For a split second I thought it was about a soccer player I discovered :)

Crazy things happen behind the scenes.

Need to look at the details, but my guy was good. Rooney's story brings the whole game to another level, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• ALL OUT ATTACK

PLAY
      ?
    • TRIPLE CAPTAIN

PLAY
      ?
    • BENCH BOOST

PLAY
      ?

Might I be the first to post this for the new season. I won't be the last... :)

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

FHFC wrote: »
    Might I be the first to post this for the new season. I won't be the last... :)

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

Feckit it's the ultimate shaming when you ask a question and are greeted with that. Happened to me once last year and I vowed never again:o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Exactly this is what I am thinking. Stoke are no easy team to play and making good signings I am not sure why anyone would have Kane in their team considering they play utd first game of season. Also Kane's "form" at the end of the season and at the u21s is a worry and for me shows his true level.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

CSF wrote:
    Only the one goal in the 2 games last season thankfully. Not sure he'll be out of that midfield role also. Can't see him in my team.
    If they play him in midfield though who starts upfront? I can't see him not starting upfront and with penalties he is the obvious choice for utd attack points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dakid wrote: »
    If they play him in midfield though who starts upfront? I can't see him not starting upfront and with penalties he is the obvious choice for utd attack points.

Mata is on pens

Rooney has one of the worst penalty miss percentages in the history of the Premier League (or the old first division), I can't believe he has the neck to keep standing up for them but I think Van Gaal will have others ahead of him. If he's playing upfront he's always an option though, if he was also on penalties full time he'd be a great option (until he misses of course)

I wonder what LvG's penalty rotation (miss and you're bottom of the queue) is now with RvP gone. Maybe Depay is in there

• Advertisement

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 4m4 minutes ago
    #mufc has reached an agreement with Bayern Munich to sign Bastian Schweinsteiger. More: http://bit.ly/1L5xBjZ

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 2m2 minutes ago
    The deal is subject to a medical and personal terms. A further announcement will be made when the process is complete.

#mufc has reached an agreement with Bayern Munich to sign Bastian Schweinsteiger. More: http://bit.ly/1L5xBjZ

The deal is subject to a medical and personal terms. A further announcement will be made when the process is complete.

makes their defenders more appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Derby scored lots of goals last year under McClaren i wonder if Cabella and Ayoze could do well this year.

Exactly this is what I am thinking. Stoke are no easy team to play and making good signings I am not sure why anyone would have Kane in their team considering they play utd first game of season. Also Kane's "form" at the end of the season and at the u21s is a worry and for me shows his true level.

Yep. I remember Stoke playing away to Man City in gameweek 2 last year and winning 1-0. I remember because I had Pieters on the bench and he got the assist for the goal. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep. I remember Stoke playing away to Man City in gameweek 2 last year and winning 1-0. I remember because I had Pieters on the bench and he got the assist for the goal. :pac:

*GW3. Stoke had a very annoying habit of keeping cleanies in matches they shouldn't and letting in one goal when they should. And yet I'm on Butland as one of my GKs.......

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

manual_man wrote: »
    makes their defenders more appealing

Attackers too tbh, he'll improve the whole team, though I'm not sure he'll actually be a great FF option himself.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Well that means there is little or no hope of Rooney playing midfiled this season escpecially if Schnderlin is signed as well.

All aboard the Rooney train for me.

Attackers too tbh, he'll improve the whole team, though I'm not sure he'll actually be a great FF option himself.

They'll probably give him a crazy price and a few will buy him. Definitely improves the value of the rest of the United team though. Hadn't really considered United defenders might look at that again though. Had planned in on starting Roon and Mata this makes them even more likely to make it to GW1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Schniederlen is the reason Southampton were so good at the back last year the United defenders will be very appealing if he signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Well that means there is little or no hope of Rooney playing midfiled this season escpecially if Schnderlin is signed as well.

will you have one of mata\depay\adm as well as Rooney ? they are very well priced
    depay is tempting me
    as is 352 to be quite honest

I have Mata in right now but that could change if Depay looks like he is going to come straight in as a starter. Not convinced of that right now though and that first season can be tricky for anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »

I thought exactly the same. Looks like Rooney will be up top. United still after Schnederlin as well so plan definitely appears to be Rooney as the striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Who's West Broms right back? Gamboa is there for 4.0..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Ighalo with another goal today against Wimbledon.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

YaYa at 8.5 seems very cheap if he stays fit .

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Who's West Broms right back? Gamboa is there for 4.0..

C. Dawson. Maybe if Gamboa went on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

C. Dawson. Maybe if Gamboa went on loan

:(

@BonmahonHammers
    Where's the ambition? Every league bar the Premier League?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

@BonmahonHammers
    Where's the ambition? Every league bar the Premier League?!

We are the elite he knows that ☺

We are the elite he knows that ☺

See you in 2018/19 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

See you in 2018/19 :cool:

be that long before i get out of League 1 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement