Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    De Gea
    Darmian Smalling Rojo/new cb Shaw
    Schneiderlin Schweinstiger Herrera
    Di Maria Rooney Depay

That's what I'd like to see .
    433. Herrera the one to get forward the most from midfield.

Smalling to start over Jones? I'd see Jones as the superior of the two myself, even with Smalling's decent form for a period last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

What a head ache this is.

I am thinking of leaving it all until the end of July now.

Players coming in / out could ruin my plans anyway.

Walcott, Hazard, Mertesacker and Courtois are the only players I know will be in my GW1 team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lemlin wrote: »
    Smalling to start over Jones? I'd see Jones as the superior of the two myself, even with Smalling's decent form for a period last year.

Being good on the ball is very important for Van Gaal. Smalling is way better than Jones on the ball.
    You're right though it could be one of the 2, I'm probably biased as I don't like Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Begovic to Chelsea done deal

Butland at 4.5 a no-brainer so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mectavba wrote: »

At some stage of the season yeah. Probably not to start with for me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

First draft I've settled on:

Butland/ Myhill............to be rotated

Azpi (my only indulgence in defence), O'Shea, Steven Taylor (home game for one each week), Bassong, Prodl (might be better options at 4.5???)

Hazard, Yaya, Depay, Cabaye with Anya as the 4.5 squad filler

Costa, Giroud and Lukaku

I went for Giroud and Lukaku ahead of Rooney & cheapie. All three could catch fire or be very unreliable. I'd rather have 2 of them. I also think Everton will be a lot better this year not being in Europa League.

How could I improve???

Also Butland probably wouldn't carry the same goal threat as Begovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

jimmii wrote: »
    You can use each one just one time. And you can only use one of your chips in a gw. So you can't WC and triple captain or bench boost at the same time. Something to think about when it comes to dgw planning.

Thanks Jimmii, appreciate it.

What's "DGW" planning???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thanks Jimmii, appreciate it.

What's "DGW" planning???

DGW = Double Game Week.

mectavba wrote: »

Will Given not be the likely starter with Butland taking over or is Given joining purely as a bench warmer? I thought Given was tired of not playing and was going to join Boro specifically to get game time but then Hughes called and offered him a contract with Stoke. I was on Butland big time but Given arriving is making me question who the starter will be.

• Advertisement

Will Given not be the likely starter with Butland taking over or is Given joining purely as a bench warmer? I thought Given was tired of not playing and was going to join Boro specifically to get game time but then Hughes called and offered him a contract with Stoke. I was on Butland big time but Given arriving is making me question who the starter will be.

Given is terrible though. Hughes will surely see that soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Stoke were poor for clean sheets last season and their best defensive player has now just gone to Chelsea, not sure why people see Butland as a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdpRo wrote: »
    Stoke were poor for clean sheets last season and their best defensive player has now just gone to Chelsea, not sure why people see Butland as a no brainer.

Stoke had the 6th best defensive record in the league last year. It wasn't reflected in clean sheets which is what we care about but they are one of the more organised teams in the league. I'll be having stoke defensive Coverage as I think it's unlikely they will have less than 10 cs this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

So given his huge transfer fee will Sterlings cost be changed to reflect fact he is such a great talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

So given his huge transfer fee will Sterlings cost be changed to reflect fact he is such a great talent.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ESPN FC ‏@ESPNFC 36s36 seconds ago
    Sources tell ESPN FC that Carl Jenkinson will sign a new deal at Arsenal until 2020 and will join West Ham on season-long loan later today.

No cheap route into their defence then barring injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ranieri appointed as Leicester coach...didn't see that one coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ranieri appointed as Leicester coach...didn't see that one coming.

Was hoping it would be O'neill.

Edit: Not from a fantasy point of view :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Was hoping it would be O'neill.

Edit: Not from a fantasy point of view :P

I was hoping it was going to be Schmeichel would have been class having him back in the Premier League!

• Advertisement

So I've 9.0m for two goalkeepers. Go for two 4.5m starters such as Speroni and (hopefully) Butland or go for one 5.0m keeper such as Fabianski or Lloris (could be the next Man U keeper) and one 4.0m keeper such as Hennessey or Rudd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Stoke had the 6th best defensive record in the league last year. It wasn't reflected in clean sheets which is what we care about but they are one of the more organised teams in the league. I'll be having stoke defensive Coverage as I think it's unlikely they will have less than 10 cs this year.

As you said clean sheets is all we care about. I agree they are well organised and I will probably end up with a defender from them early in the season but for me Butland is most definitely not a 'no brainer' as was mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

AdpRo wrote: »
    As you said clean sheets is all we care about. I agree they are well organised and I will probably end up with a defender from them early in the season but for me Butland is most definitely not a 'no brainer' as was mentioned.

There's obviously an element of luck in every clean sheet, Stoke's record from last year proves that they didn't get that luck as much as some others. You could take the view that they are the team who are likely to have the sixth most clean sheets in the coming season.
    Butland has a lot to prove as well, he's been touted for what seems like forever but couldn't dislodge Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lloris fractured his wrist, doubtful for start of season.

I do think certain teams are better for clean sheets than overall defensive numbers suggest. Stoke may be a team that switch off a bit when up two goals or more (like against Liverpool on the last day) which is bad for FPL. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt right now with Butland in my side, but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Lloris fractured wrist makes alder less attractive, although I think there are much better 5.5m options anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

MarkSRFC21 wrote:
    Lloris fractured wrist makes alder less attractive, although I think there are much better 5.5m options anyway.

Alderwiereld is only 5.0
    But yeah, I won't be touching Spurs defence anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

spock. wrote: »
    Alderwiereld is only 5.0
    But yeah, I won't be touching Spurs defence anyway.

My mistake, same point applies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Nice little table for rotation
    . The number represents the number of weeks one team plays at home while the other plays away.
    Home-and-Away-rotation-1.png

http://fantasyfootball247.co.uk/fixture-tracker/

Nice 1 you have saved me a lot of work the old fashioned paper and pen was going to come out to work out my 5 cheap defenders.

That injury definitely could devalue Kane though. Not a fan of OOP players myself where avoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

How often do they update the player list ? No sign of the newest summer transfers as yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    That injury definitely could devalue Kane though. Not a fan of OOP players myself where avoidable.

took me a while but got it
    well played !

km79 wrote: »
    took me a while but got if
    well played !

ye its a good one alright

How often do they update the player list ? No sign of the newest summer transfers as yet.

It says in the rules that they will be added within 7 days. Weird it should rake so long maybe their having a rest after getting the game going!

I wonder if hazard will still be on pens next season. Costa took the pen in the last game of the season although I was thinking at the time that was so he could get 20 league goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I don't think that Hazard can continue with his style of penalty taking with the intense coaching that goalies are getting nowadays. He only missed a couple last season but your heart would be in your mouth as the keeper nearly has enough time to stand up and collect the ball on it's way in. I know he has a lot of supporters here with his style but is there something to be said for a well placed penalty being almost impossible to save?

I don't think that Hazard can continue with his style of penalty taking with the intense coaching that goalies are getting nowadays. He only missed a couple last season but your heart would be in your mouth as the keeper nearly has enough time to stand up and collect the ball on it's way in. I know he has a lot of supporters here with his style but is there something to be said for a well placed penalty being almost impossible to save?

Yeh I agree while its "unknown" it works well but now they have a fair bit of data on his style I think that most keepers will now know how to counter it. Be interesting to see how it develops this season if he does stick with the same style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It says in the rules that they will be added within 7 days. Weird it should rake so long maybe their having a rest after getting the game going!
    They added Cabaye since launch. Johnson has also been moved to Stoke

Schweinsteiger £7.0m. Wouldn't buy him even for 6m:P Darmian could be great for 5.5!! Very tempted

Shedite27 wrote: »
    They added Cabaye since launch. Johnson has also been moved to Stoke

Maybe they are Cabaye fans and wanted him in their team! I would imagine its a lot easier to move a player from one club to another and for first time FPL players they might have to have a little discussion on prices.

Schweinsteiger £7.0m. Wouldn't buy him even for 6m:P Darmian could be great for 5.5!! Very tempted

Loving Schweinsteiger at that price there will be a load of people who just know he is a top player without really knowing what type of player he is who will start with him and waste a decent chunk of money! Just watch now as he goes on a purple patch and score 3 in the first 4!

• Advertisement

Loving Schweinsteiger at that price there will be a load of people who just know he is a top player without really knowing what type of player he is who will start with him and waste a decent chunk of money! Just watch now as he goes on a purple patch and score 3 in the first 4!

Haha it's always the way isn't it :P Very good point btw

Haha it's always the way isn't it :P

And then you think goddamit how did I get it so wrong and by that point he is 7.5m and everyone is jumping on but you're like no it can't be then at the end of the season he is 10m and he's done a Yaya and you've missed all the fun. Dam you Yaya dam you it shouldn't have been possible.

And then you think goddamit how did I get it so wrong and by that point he is 7.5m and everyone is jumping on but you're like no it can't be then at the end of the season he is 10m and he's done a Yaya and you've missed all the fun. Dam you Yaya dam you it shouldn't have been possible.

Yaya absolutely destroyed my season the season before last!!

Btw opinion if you don't mind... Cabaye and 4.5 def(Coloccini maybe) or Darmian and 5.5 mid (Atsu, Redmond, Zaha)? Alternatively I could downgrade Rooney or Costa to Benteke.

Btw opinion if you don't mind... Cabaye and 4.5 def(Coloccini maybe) or Darmian and 5.5 mid (Atsu, Redmond, Zaha)?

I'm not bitter about Yaya at all....

To be honest I haven't looked at it enough to comment really depends on how they fit in with your overall rotation plan I prefer to focus on getting the right combination of 5 rather than who exactly those 5 are especially at the bottom end of things. I like Colo I have fond memories of him he's given me some nice scores!

I'm not bitter about Yaya at all....

To be honest I haven't looked at it enough to comment really depends on how they fit in with your overall rotation plan I prefer to focus on getting the right combination of 5 rather than who exactly those 5 are especially at the bottom end of things. I like Colo I have fond memories of him he's given me some nice scores!

To be honest I never bother with rotation so I don't have a rotation plan :P I just go for the individual with reasonable fixtures rather than rotation with another defender.

To be honest I never bother with rotation so I don't have a rotation plan :P I just go for the individual with reasonable fixtures rather than rotation with another defender.

Don't you find that leaves you needing to make more defender transfers than you would otherwise?

CSF wrote: »
    Don't you find that leaves you needing to make more defender transfers than you would otherwise?

Not really, I can't ever remember it being a massive problem and I finished top 1k last season. I suppose I'd just ride with the fixtures but it usually works out ok as far as I remember. I dunno, just never really appealed to me. Each to their own :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Awesome bit of work on the changes to the Bonus Points system posted on FFS

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/07/14/fpl-bonus-point-changes-winners-and-losers/

What are peoples thoughts on YaYa @ 8.5m for the upcoming season? He seems to be personally settled (he's over the death of his brother(?)), isn't agitating for a move and doesn't have the distraction of the Africa Cup of Nations this year. Plus with City losing out on the PL last year he might just have the motivation and focus to get it back this year. Will the Sterling acquisition and possibly deBruyne/Pogba coming in be a threat or a help to YaYa? If they put a decent DM in front of their back 4 and allow YaYa to focus on being a #10 type AM he could have a seroius season. At 32/33 he doesn't have too many chances left to rip it up.

Good buy or goodbye??

• Advertisement

I would probably go both of them then! I have a soft spot for Colo though so that might cloud my judgement!

Advertisement