Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Low team ID makes it look like I take the game seriously :P

My ID was under 7k last season so hoping for improvement on that this season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    Yeah I'm hoping to get a nice low number this year. It would please my geek self.....

I think we all are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I barely got lower OR than ID last season, hopefully the trend continues after I snag a top 100 ID number :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Low team ID makes it look like I take the game seriously :P

My ID was under 7k last season so hoping for improvement on that this season :D

Season before last I got 20 and it was a horrible season super low is a jinx! Last season I was 168 and did way better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    I think we all are :pac:

I'm new to this level of geekiness!

I got 4695 last season and wasn't clued into the thing at all, just happened to check back in here post World Cup on the day it opened or shortly after.

A 3 figure ID would be a thing of some excitement!

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm new to this level of geekiness!

I got 4695 last season and wasn't clued into the thing at all, just happened to check back in here post World Cup on the day it opened or shortly after.

A 3 figure ID would be a thing of some excitement!

When you have a low ID and you give it to someone to enter a tourney you feel pretty dam cool! It's like yeh this is how serious I take the game I spent hours mashing F5 to get this badboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have that giddy xmas eve feeling right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What price is Mickey Turner going to be I wonder? Ahhhhhhhhh excitement :)

The break was great but I'm very ready to get back into things. The month of planning only for it to go tits up within 10 minutes of GW1 is one of the best parts of the game :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

jimmii wrote: »
    When you have a low ID and you give it to someone to enter a tourney you feel pretty dam cool! It's like yeh this is how serious I take the game I spent hours mashing F5 to get this badboy.

Just makes it worse when you try to explain that your shítty ranking is just a temporary blip :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

According to FFS, the gap between re-reg and re-launch last year was 5 days, so everyone just calm down!

• Advertisement

According to FFS, the gap between re-reg and re-launch last year was 5 days, so everyone just calm down!

I saw that, but I still think it will be this week. With the pl kicking off a week earlier it's always been around 4 weeks from launch to gw1 deadline and I can't see them going much shorter.

My guess is Wednesday. The 5 days mentioned above included a weekend, re-reg Fri to launch Wed or something like that, so 3 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's theo time

It's also the same amount of time for Aguero between end of international tournament and start of season as 14/15 when he didn't start until GW3. Although he scored in both sub appearances and got a brace from the bench after Copa 2011

It's also the same amount of time for Aguero between end of international tournament and start of season as 14/15 when he didn't start until GW3. Although he scored in both sub appearances and got a brace from the bench after Copa 2011

The fact that they have an early showdown with Chelsea in GW2 I think increases the liklihood he'll be rushed back for that game at least.

Already there is an Aguero conundrum! Thankfully Pellegrini is usually fairly forthright in team news so hopefully it will be clearer (but not too clear) by the KO.

The fact that they have an early showdown with Chelsea in GW2 I think increases the liklihood he'll be rushed back for that game at least.

Already there is an Aguero conundrum! Thankfully Pellegrini is usually fairly forthright in team news so hopefully it will be clearer (but not too clear) by the KO.

I probably won't start with him since I wouldn't even captain him until GW4. Hazard, Costa, and Arsenal attackers will be the main captaincy shouts for GW1, I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i'd wager on a 20min sub appearance gw1 and then to start vs Chelsea after a full weeks training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think a lot of people will be using their wildcards to bring Sanchez and Aguero in this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Can you still access end of season records from last season?

Can you still access end of season records from last season?

You can for now. Best get them while you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Is it likely that FF will be up and running tomorrow?

declan2693 wrote: »
    Is it likely that FF will be up and running tomorrow?

Its possible. We're definitely bang in the middle of the window you when you would expect it to open. The last few years it's opened a day or two either side of a month before the season starts. Keep an eye on the player list that is normally the first thing to update.

There was an update for the official android app today .

Getting close now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Getting close now.

It's been 'getting close now' for too long for my liking.

spock. wrote: »
    It's been 'getting close now' for too long for my liking.

Yeh i'm expecting them not to bother now. Like how UFPL was delayed there was all the hype leading to it then just a message saying UFPL will be coming next season. Would love to see the twitter reaction if they posted from the Premier League account saying FPL was cancelled for a season!

I'm predicting they drop it on Friday and let us nerd out all weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Would love to see the twitter reaction if they posted from the Premier League account saying FPL was cancelled for a season!

Down with that sort of thing

manual_man wrote: »
    Down with that sort of thing

But then the next day go ha only joking this year we are giving away £1m for first place and watch twitter explode all over again!!

I'm predicting they drop it on Friday and let us nerd out all weekend

Hope so. Be something to do Saturday night while waiting for that Irish lad to kick that american lad in the face.

• Advertisement

J-Rod with 2 goals for Southampton on his return from over 12 months out.

New RB Soares who'll replace Clyne also scores.

Just throwing it out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

J-Rod with 2 goals for Southampton on his return from over 12 months out.

New RB Soares who'll replace Clyne also scores.

Just throwing it out there :)

I saw that Jay rod had 2 and thought to myself Mr p would like that info I'll post it. I think I know you better than I know my wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeh i'm expecting them not to bother now. Like how UFPL was delayed there was all the hype leading to it then just a message saying UFPL will be coming next season. Would love to see the twitter reaction if they posted from the Premier League account saying FPL was cancelled for a season!

Hehe that was a farce alright!

Remember when the site crashed before the first gameweek and thousands of people could change their teams or even register??!!

Degag wrote: »
    Hehe that was a farce alright!

Remember when the site crashed before the first gameweek and thousands of people could change their teams or even register??!!

That was so annoying that season I had a team that wasn't great for gw1 but that I thought would be strong for the 6/7 weeks after that and then we all get another bloody wildcard and my sacrificing of gw1 goes to waste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

That was so annoying that season I had a team that wasn't great for gw1 but that I thought would be strong for the 6/7 weeks after that and then we all get another bloody wildcard and my sacrificing of gw1 goes to waste!

Yeah, friend of mine restarted our league from gameweek 2. Wasn't too happy as it was rewarding the guys who hadn't put any effort into it over the previous few weeks.

Right, I've got it pretty bad this year it seems, cause while waiting impatiently for the site to launch I've spent an obscene amount of time the last couple of days trying to come up with a killer original team name. I've even got a wee notebook in case inspiration strikes unexpectedly!! :o:o

I'd been set on Fer Fuchs Ake but I've seen it all over FFS this past week so it seems like it's gonna be common as muck. I'm claiming it though seeing I posted it here 6 weeks ago....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95751552&postcount=4088...but great minds have thunk alike, or else this forum has further reach than we imagine.

There are some good witty tried and tested names around but being a terrace poet round Finn Park way I like to try and come up with something new, so these are all my own work....
    • Girouding up a Storm
    • iKane,iShaw,iKrancjar'd (this one is too long unless you lose all the punctuation then it doesn't really work, but I love it)
    • Too Mané Fuchs Given
    • Mané Fer Naughton
    • Too Mutch Mané
    • The Kolarov Mané (Have seen the Kolarov Money before in fairness)
    • Dann Juanmi Brady (works better with Bebé but I prefer to stick with current players....hoping Norwich cough up the cash!)

Oh, and if you think they're all shîte...I'll get me Coates! :)

I'm between The Kolarov Mané and Dann Juanmi Brady at present.

• Advertisement

iKane,iShaw,iKrancjar'd (this one is too long unless you lose all the punctuation then it doesn't really work, but I love it)

This is fantastic, so good we could even start a #JusticeForMoreLetters campaign :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think I'm gonna go with the same name as last year - Ag Imirt Pelle

"Alexis is on holiday until August 3"

No chance he plays GW1 then

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna go with the same name as last year - Ag Imirt Pelle

That was a cracker all right.

Another man with team name potential....

Payet up Front
    Payet by Cech
    Payet Fer Ward

• Advertisement

That was a cracker all right.

Another man with team name potential....

Payet up Front
    Payet by Cech
    Payet Fer Ward

Oh, and Mark Bunn has joined Villa just as I head for a cuppa. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Lucas Hood wrote: »

imminent

I hope that means today, it would suggest it to me anyway. What are your thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Insertwittynamehere , can't think of another one really so last years one will do.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    imminent

I hope that means today, it would suggest it to me anyway. What are your thoughts?
    Today hopefully yeah.

Oh Benteke 8.5m if he gets a move to Liverpool could be a great option.

*Insert Excited Homer OMG gif*

Qu784le.jpg?1

From Faceyb

OMG OMG OMG

Aguero at 13m :(. Please don't let Hazard be 12m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Atsu 5.5
    Benteke 8.5
    Bassong 4.5
    From Twitter

Interesting that this Mark Rogers chap was right on Aguero wonder if it turns out he does somehow have the info. He seems to work for Talking Tables its a wholesale company I use bit strange for him to have inside knowledge of FPL.

Game is being updated. Has it been like that for long?

• Advertisement
Advertisement