Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Go to Gameweek History

Can you give me that in laymans terms, I don't see any option that says gameweek history:o

Sorry, just found it

My ID is 1355

Just Noticed that I got 100 more points two years ago and finished at 11k than I did last year when I finished 800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Can you give me that in laymans terms, I don't see any option that says gameweek history:o

Click on the "Pick Team Tab".
    Then on the right below your jersey click "View Gameweek history".

In the address bar it will have:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/548/history/

The number being your ID.

Edit: Too slow you found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Damn it, I missed all the fun in the hour I left!

ID in 3k

Now what the hell are All Out Attack, Triple Captain and Bench Boost.

It's like Pokemon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

despite the internet driving me daft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Guess which defender is 4m, Mr.P!!!

Who?

PVA 5.0!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    The self-control required not to use my triple captain before the DGWs begin is going to kill me....

Important to note that you can't WC and use of the new bonuses in the same week that will catch a few out no doubt. Week early WC and then a bonus could kill your team or make it explode!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Who?

His avatar ;)

Anyone else doing their 4m defender and 4.5m mid first :o?

Guess which defender is 4m, Mr.P!!!

Both MT and MT 2.0 :pac:

A shame neither will actually get gametime though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Initial thoughts on price:
    • Slim pickings in the 4.5 goalkeeper range, but nobody over 5.5 - could be a year for the 5.5 keeper rather than rotators.
    • RVP only 9.5
    • Ayew classified as a mid

Also, Valdes at 5.0 could be a bargain if De Gea leaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Shedite27 wrote:
    Initial thoughts on price: Slim pickings in the 4.5 goalkeeper range, but nobody over 5.5 - could be a year for the 5.5 keeper rather than rotators.RVP only 9.5Ayew classified as a mid

Yeah Courtois with a 4.0 is decent for 9.5m

Butland only 4.5 and Begovic seems to be off (to probably Chelsea) but Courtois at 5.5 will be very, very, very popular with both Terry and Ivanovic at 7.

Rumours of Myhill going to Reading and Hennessey to WBA; I'd be all over him at 4m until Foster's return if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So these new additions - you can only use each once is it?

Like your triple captain points - once you have used it, thats that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ID 90! Now for that top 90 OR :D

Un-be-fcking-lievable.

I'm waiting all week for the damn thing to go live, and I've a doctors appointment at 11. Come out and see a text its live before my phone battery promptly dies. Heading to get tyres on the car, skid into the bay and with a manic glint in my eye the first words to the startled Advance Pitstop lad is "have you a phone charger??". My broken screened phone causing further holdups I have to settle for a nondescript 1274 ID.

First time all week I've not been sat at a computer all bloody day.

Now back at 'work' so time to actually look at the game and prices..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

It's active!

now to do my team. Will report back in here in a week when I'm finished. :D

Interesting about the wildcard:
    When can I play a wildcard?
    The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before 28 Dec 14:00) and once in the second half of the season.

Wildcards are played on the transfers page but aren't active until you have confirmed the transfers.

And yeah, the rules say each "chip" can only be used at one time. Triple captain points will transfer to your vice captain if your main captain doesn't play. If your formation changes away from 2-5-3 because of someone not playing, you lose the chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

These new rules are going to be a right headache for H2Hs and cup games.

Dónal wrote: »

And yeah, the rules say each "chip" can only be used at one time. Triple captain points will transfer to your vice captain if your main captain doesn't play. If your formation changes away from 2-5-3 because of someone not playing, you lose the chip.

The second wildcard being any time in second half means there is no advantage in holding the wildcard. Everyone will wildcard early this year I'd say.

I like it as the Jan Wildcard was an awful curse and I'd give my right arm for one around DGW time usually.

Interesting changes, which on the face of it make the game easier but if the chips are sequenced cleverly by an experienced player they should benefit hardcore players a lot. I can see a lot of casual players blowing the 'chips' like "bench boost" and "triple captain" as soon as they are lagging behind in a mini-league.

gimmick wrote: »
    So these new additions - you can only use each once is it?

Like your triple captain points - once you have used it, thats that?

Yep thats it and if you get unlucky and have a week where you play 253 and one of your front 8 don't play its tough luck!

FHFC wrote: »
    Un-be-fcking-lievable.

I'm waiting all week for the damn thing to go live, and I've a doctors appointment at 11. Come out and see a text its live before my phone battery promptly dies. Heading to get tyres on the car, skid into the bay and with a manic glint in my eye the first words to the startled Advance Pitstop lad is "have you a phone charger??". My broken screened phone causing further holdups I have to settle for a nondescript 1274 ID.

First time all week I've not been sat at a computer all bloody day.

Now back at 'work' so time to actually look at the game and prices..... :D

90 was also my peak OR last season in the heady days of December. I was walking to work clicking "Home" every 10 seconds. Just lucky I wasn't hit by traffic :D

Dónal wrote: »

Think a lot will get caught out when they WC and then try to use the bonus chips in the same week! Very surprised at these changes makes it seem a lot more of a novelty game instead of being the main game.

90 was also my peak OR last season in the heady days of December. I was walking to work clicking "Home" every 10 seconds. Just lucky I wasn't hit by traffic :D

I've made a note to self to make sure my phone is recently upgraded before next season KO. Dodgy battery and smashed screen cost me. Also a dodgy knee, but dunno how to upgrade that.

• Advertisement

From the rules regarding the Chips:
    Chips can be used to potentially enhance your team's performance during the season.

Only one chip can be played in a single Gameweek. The chips available are as follows:

Name Effect
    All Out Attack: Allows you to play a 2-5-3 formation in the next Gameweek.
    Bench Boost: The points scored by your bench players in the next Gameweek are included in your total.
    Triple Captain: Your captain points are tripled instead of doubled in the next Gameweek.
    Wildcard: All transfers (including those already made) in the Gameweek are free of charge.

The All Out Attack, Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips can each be used once a season and are played when saving your team on the my team page. They can be cancelled at anytime before the Gameweek deadline.

They've missed a trick as they're called chips by only allowing one each week.

The temptation to cash them all in at the same time.....

I-m-All-In-Poker-Graphics-Long-Sleeve-Shirts.jpg

Ok maybe that'd just be me and it's probably a good thing for the sake of my sanity :pac:

Anyone going to stray from 4.5m mid with those 2-5-3 and bench chips? I think it would be better played later in the season when team value isn't as big an issue

Poyet seems the only viable 4.5 mid at first glance? Is he? Or who have I missed.

GW2 lock Fri 14 Aug at 1845. Hmm, that's right when lineups will be announced

Anyone going to stray from 4.5m mid with those 2-5-3 and bench chips? I think it would be better played later in the season when team value isn't as big an issue

Thats why I think you'll benefit over the casual by planning for them. If youre looking towards playing the 2-5-3 thing youd want to do it when your defence has bad fixtures and youve cash for a punt or decent 5th mid transfer the week or two before.

Somebody with a defensive injury crisis could easily be tempted to waste this when a -4 would sort them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

GW2 lock Fri 14 Aug at 1845. Hmm, that's right when lineups will be announced

I think all deadlines are 1 hour before the first game of the gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Personally for me I would have rathered the January wildcard stayed that way. Some interesting options though, I noticed also Mata, Di Maria and Depay are all 8.5, also gary hooper is cheap at 4.5m for a third benched striker if he plays (Not a bad first 10 games or so, give or take).

Poyet seems the only viable 4.5 mid at first glance? Is he? Or who have I missed.

I'm on Surman. Wanyama, Tettey, Anya, Bentaleb, Cattermole, Fletcher, Sanchez, Coquelin, maybe King all starters

As a WHU fan, he'll get no gametime. Payet is the West Ham mid I wanted, but he's 7.5 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The ****ing **** will ruin the game with these rule changes. Complete and utter idiots. Oh well, it'll mostly appeal to those who log in for 5 minutes on a Friday night/Saturday morning and have no interest in putting any effort into the game which is exactly what FPL want I suppose.

Ugh. :mad:

spock. wrote: »
    I think all deadlines are 1 hour before the first game of the gameweek.

Yeah, just noticed. Maybe the brave will get some team news since journos often leak it five mins early

I'm on Surman. Wanyama, Tettey, Anya, Bentaleb, Cattermole, Fletcher, Sanchez, Coquelin, maybe King all starters

Not a fan of any of those holding mids. Anya could be good.

Paully D wrote: »
    The ****ing **** will ruin the game with these rule changes. Complete and utter idiots. Oh well, it'll mostly appeal to those who log in for 5 minutes on a Friday night/Saturday morning and have no interest in putting any effort into the game which is exactly what FPL want I suppose.

Yeh not happy with these novelty plays. Its just a bit silly really.

Not a fan of any of those holding mids. Anya could be good.

He got hauled off early a few times the end of the season, which is putting me off. I might end up switching from Surman if Bournemouth places look more valuable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »

In work so haven't gotten to examine these changes in detail. This makes me nervous though.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh not happy with these novelty plays. Its just a bit silly really.

I agree its silly and they shoulda left it alone. Although I do think making the second wildcard not restricted to Jan was the next best thing to getting rid of it altogether, buts thats just cause I hate the January one.

However, I do think Paully's "5 mins on a Friday player" will not use these 'chips' well as a generalisation, so they could benefit the hardcore player more in the long grass.

I agree its silly and they shoulda left it alone. Although I do think making the second wildcard not restricted to Jan was the next best thing to getting rid of it altogether, buts thats just cause I hate the January one.

However, I do think Paully's "5 mins on a Friday player" will not use these 'chips' well as a generalisation, so they could benefit the hardcore player more in the long grass.

Yeh its going to be the hardcore who put some real thought into how to use them best that are going to get the edge. Also casuals are less likely to realise you can't use two chips at the same time. Just know for sure that come a DGW there will be a ton of people moaning about WC'ing and not being able to play the TPC or BB.

The wildcard change is a good one. The treble captain is terrible since there were already some crazy swings last season (e.g. Aguero 2 vs Kane 17) which will only increase luck factor. The other two chips seem alright

Someone on FFS:
    wc before dgw
    bench chip during dgw = 15 dgw players

wc before dgw
    either all out or 3x cap chip during dgw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I just know the week I use my TC, he'll score an OG, miss a pen and get sent off. Triple minus points :(

/Rory

CSF wrote: »
    In work so haven't gotten to examine these changes in detail. This makes me nervous though.

You get 5 "chips" you can play.

2 chips are WC 1 of which can be played before Dec 28th and one after. The other three are:

Bench boost - your subs points count towards your total.
    Triple point captain - triple instead of double.
    All out attack - you can play 253.

Only one in a GW allowed and if you activate one and it goes wrong tough luck. For example if you play 253 and a mid doesn't play then you don't get the chip back.

Someone on FFS:

Yep that is the way to do it alright.

KevIRL wrote: »
    I just know the week I use my TC, he'll score an OG, miss a pen and get sent off. Triple minus points :(

/Rory

There will no doubt be some horror stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Using Anya as my 4.5 mid as well. Did a background check. Attacking winger who I assume will get gametime.

• Advertisement

Jesus I forgot how hard it was to pick a team on 100m!!

Advertisement