Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

magma69 wrote: »
    Can you only use one at a time I wonder? Would love to go balls out with all three in a week!

Yeah only one at a time.

I can't wait to get home and look at this. My whole evening is destined to be consumed by this, dinner is not being cooked anymore. Quick trip to the chipper before multitasking between it and FF activities.

I live a sad life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah only one at a time.

I can't wait to get home and look at this. My whole evening is destined to be consumed by this, dinner is not being cooked anymore. Quick trip to the chipper before multitasking between it and FF activities.

I live a sad life.

already pulling my hair out..... 75 transfers made so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm not going to lie, my wife is out for the evening, and all I'll be doing for a couple of hours is messing around with possibilities.

full of win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah only one at a time.

I live a sad life.

I've just realised I've spent around 4 hours today on fantasy football. The game doesn't even begin for another month. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

oh how i missed this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    I've just realised I've spent around 4 hours today on fantasy football. The game doesn't even begin for another month. :pac:

And the worst thing you know that what you have concluded is pretty good today will apear to be the most ridiculous thing ever in a month! I'm trying not to even look at it at all! Going to give it a proper look on Saturday night. Nothing better than staying in on a Saturday and tinkering around with footballers...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It's only quarter to two here. My day has consisted of waking up, seeing the drip of prices on Twitter, constantly refreshing the FPL site, picking a squad, and checking what all the changes entail. Three more "work" hours to go :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That new 2 5 3 rule I can't see being of much use. Most go with a cheap 4.5 mid i can see a lot of heartache when the benched 3Rd defender gets a clean sheet. The alternative is going with a strong front 8 but then you are ruining your team structure going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

From a United point of view Shaw at 5.5 could be good value if he can stay fit.

Herrera at 7.0 got 98 points last year despite barely featuring for the first half of the season.

Di Maria at 8.5 could be a bargain but i will wait a few weeks before getting him in.

Also Rooney at 10.5 looks like he should be first choice striker he should bang in goals.

• Advertisement

That new 2 5 3 rule I can't see being of much use. Most go with a cheap 4.5 mid i can see a lot of heartache when the benched 3Rd defender gets a clean sheet. The alternative is going with a strong front 8 but then you are ruining your team structure going forward.
    There'll come a week where its useful, hardly season changing stuff at the same time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

There'll come a week where its useful, hardly season changing stuff at the same time though.

The best GW to use that in might be the last one. Usually a bit of madness on the last day, and can be hard to pick out likely clean sheets. Taking a punt on a 5th mid (especially if there's some spare cash in the bank), could work out nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The subs chip might ensure more going for a rotating keeper policy as to get that added point. Obviously it'll be January before most will even begin to consider the implications of these chips after the initial excitement though.

The subs chip might ensure more going for a rotating keeper policy as to get that added point. Obviously it'll be January before most will even begin to consider the implications of these chips after the initial excitement though.

That chip will be dynamite in a DGW. You could have 4 games from your GKs!

Edit: still feels weird using the word 'chips'! Thinking about chips so much is making me hungry!!

That chip will be dynamite in a DGW. You could have a 4 games from your GKs!

Yeah as I said earlier I can see the wildcard being used a week before the DGW to get 15 players and then using that chip the week of the DGW.

It's going to be gloriously delicious mayhem :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The best GW to use that in might be the last one. Usually a bit of madness on the last day, and can be hard to pick out likely clean sheets. Taking a punt on a 5th mid (especially if there's some spare cash in the bank), could work out nicely.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, later in the season the 5th mid can sometimes be a viable option, I had Albrighton at the end of last year and he became my 4th mid a few times. If you had a decent 5th mid and a defensive injury or fixture crisis it's grand, but by far the least dramatic of the chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

So the Chips are basically Lifelines on Who Wants to be a millionaire :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

So the Chips are basically Lifelines on Who Wants to be a millionaire :P

Will your triple captained striker score this penalty kick?

We'll find out... after this break!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Haven't had a good troll through comments or haven't been on site yet, What are the major changes with rules this year lads..?

Will your triple captained striker score this penalty kick?

We'll find out... after this break!

Imagine a Jon Walters vs Chelsea -8 scenario situation :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any opinions on Grealish at 5.5 he could be a bargain with Sherwood playing attacking football. Will he start is the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'll be cashing in all my chips for my premier league H2H games against Lemlin. I'm gonna earn his respect any way I can. ðŸ˜႒

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any opinions on Grealish at 5.5 he could be a bargain with Sherwood playing attacking football. Will he start is the question?
    Probably will start. But he is the least direct player I can remember seeing in that position. Almost always tries to lay it off rather than take on a shot or make a move into the box. Maybe that will change next season but I wouldn't be banking on him getting too many goals, so you'll be banking on assists for the most part.

Nuts102 wrote: »

I'd be holding fire on him. For all the promise he showed last season, he only registered 1 assist. He looks like a very good player, but he doesn't get in many shots and doesn't look like scoring many goals (at least not yet anyway).

Of course the flip side of this is that Sherwood plays very attacking football and seems to like Grealish.

I think his pricing is tricky. If you intend starting him, there are much better options for only 1-1.5m more. If you see him as a bench player, I (personally) think he's overpriced at 5.5m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

with sanchez out for 3/4 weeks is theo a defo starter?

Who is considered better wilson or deeney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Could be of use if you have a defender injury/suspension/cheapo away to City crisis. In that scenario it may allow a chance to field 11 while not using a transfer and then have 2 frees to sort out your defense the following week

Overall though I agree, the weakest of the novelty boosts by some distance

I think the all out attack could be useful if you really want to go for it in say DGW37. But you would need two FTs to go from expensive defender and cheap mid to cheap defender and new mid. And the Arsenal defenders outscored Arsenal attackers last season anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Well folks back for another season...even though the missus was threatening divorce!:)

Tis early days yet for picking a team....can see a lot happening in next fortnight alone in Transfer market.

Of the 'chips' options and WC change I think the fact you can use 2nd WC anytime in second half of season is most significant thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Of the 'chips' options and WC change I think the fact you can use 2nd WC anytime in second half of season is most significant thing.

Yeah Christmas time will be very interesting this year.
    Usually nobody wildcards in December due to January WC but that will change this year.

spock. wrote: »
    Yeah Christmas time will be very interesting this year.
    Usually nobody wildcards in December due to January WC but that will change this year.

Good point that the value in holding the 'first half' wildcard would be for Christmas. I still think it's more value to play it early though.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Good point that the value in holding the 'first half' wildcard would be for Christmas. I still think it's more value to play it early though.

Not gonna pre-plan my wildcard this year. I figure I'll know when the time is right and there's no reason to span it out anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Has FFS a chat forum like this? From what I am looking at it's just a mess of comments at the bottom of all the community articles, when looking through the comments it's almost impossible to follow, much prefer this format where you have specific threads and you don't have to look at them all and read all comments to know what is going on. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place!

Don't get me wrong I find the site great for the articles and stats but hate the comments section!

AdpRo wrote: »
    Has FFS a chat forum like this? From what I am looking at it's just a mess of comments at the bottom of all the community articles, when looking through the comments it's almost impossible to follow, much prefer this format where you have specific threads and you don't have to look at them all and read all comments to know what is going on. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place!

Don't get me wrong I find the site great for the articles and stats but hate the comments section!

It's like your ringing up today fm asking is 2fm any good. Of course there's nowhere as good as this.
    If you think ffs is bad you should have a gander off totalfpl some matchday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Not liking these new changes so much. Hard enough pick at the moment. Will take some time

AdpRo wrote: »

With the amount of regular users it has, threads would become a mess anyway tbh.

I pop into FFS during quiet times and press conferences. No chance of following it during the weekend

FHFC wrote:

I hope to wildcard on GW13 (I plan way too far ahead :o )
    Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd all hit a nice run of fixtures from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm banking my transfer this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm banking my transfer this week.

I'm captaining balotelli again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So the summer is over now.

I kind of enjoyed the break from fantasy football.
    I had so much time to do other things like eat / work etc:D

I enjoyed it so much that I didn't realize Falcao went to Chelsea:eek:

FFFix to cost money this season?
    http://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/guide/overview/?discount=FIXFOLLOW

Not sure if that's just the features listed since I enjoyed their price change tracker, rank predictions, and captaincy stats

For west brom cheaper option than lescott thats a definate stater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'll be cashing in all my chips for my premier league H2H games against Lemlin. I'm gonna earn his respect any way I can. ðŸ˜႒

After the drubbing your lads got in the first game last season, I'd say you've had them on steroids all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Am I correct in saying that on Saturdays with no early game that the deadline will be 14:00? That'll be a torturous couple of extra hours to ponder ill advised gambles and points hits.

FFFix to cost money this season?
    http://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/guide/overview/?discount=FIXFOLLOW

Not sure if that's just the features listed since I enjoyed their price change tracker, rank predictions, and captaincy stats

Always expected that was how they'd go. They were putting a huge investment into development. Haven't looked at the site yet, just saw the tweet. Is their price changes info going sub only?

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    After the drubbing your lads got in the first game last season, I'd say you've had them on steroids all year.

No need. I'll just be feeding them those chips on the Saturday mornings.

Actually when I made that last post I had to go back and check that you were still with us, those commandos were skirting around the relegation spots for most of last year;)

Cabaye to Palace is official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

declan2693 wrote: »
    Who is considered better wilson or deeney?

As a biased Watford fan, I'll have to say Deeney.

It feels great having three Watford players in there at the minute. I probably won't even have one by GW1! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SantryRed wrote: »
    As a biased Watford fan, I'll have to say Deeney.

It feels great having three Watford players in there at the minute. I probably won't even have one by GW1! :(

What's the Watford back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'd go crazy if I was in charge of the sign up threads all the people not involved trying to sign up and asking where to find the ID despite it being in the OP of each dam thread! Infuriating!

• Advertisement
Advertisement