Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Big Borg wrote: »
    Is there any chance that Matt Targett (4.1) will get playing time again?

Can't see it unless Bertrand gets injured again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Might sound really stupid but just wondering, what's a BUIB?

sonnky wrote: »
    Might sound really stupid but just wondering, what's a BUIB?

I only know because somebody else asked recently - big useless Italian Bàstard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I only know because somebody else asked recently - big useless Italian Bàstard

Someone really does need to do a gif of his mi**** in the last few minutes against Liverpool...terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Vardy now running at 57.8% ownership of active teams, for anyone going without him its far too risky IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Have Myhill, Schmeichel, Dawson, Mahrez and Vardy...as I kind of have to go with Mahrez and Vardy is the option here to bench Myhill and Dawson and start Schmeichel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Have Myhill, Schmeichel, Dawson, Mahrez and Vardy...as I kind of have to go with Mahrez and Vardy is the option here to bench Myhill and Dawson and start Schmeichel?

If you want to maximize returns then start Schmeichel, but I'm not convinced Leicester have a better chance of a clean sheet than WBA and Myhill is more likely to get save points/bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking at arsenal's squad there is a good chance Bellerin could play rw . The 5 players that wenger would like to play there ramsey wellbeck wilshire ox and Walcott are injured. The only 2 options I see for wenger are 1 move caz out of the middle and up to the left and switch alexis right then play flamini in the middle. 2 bring debuchy or chambers in rb and move Bellerby forward.

Looking at arsenal's squad there is a good chance Bellerin could play rw . The 5 players that wenger would like to play there ramsey wellbeck wilshire ox and Walcott are injured. The only 2 options I see for wenger are 1 move caz out of the middle and up to the left and switch alexis right then play flamini in the middle. 2 bring debuchy or chambers in rb and move Bellerby forward.

Debuchy is terrible, so I don't see him starting at RB in the league. It will either be Cazorla/Ozil wide and Flamini/Arteta in the middle or as you were and Campbell/Iwobi straight swap at right wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

yeah come to think of it i reckon they'll push Cazorla up to play in the hole like he's done so many times before, and stick Ozil on the wing. Coquelin+Arteta the most likely centre mid partnership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Arteta is injured. Flamini to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Costa out this weekend?

Debuchy is terrible, so I don't see him starting at RB in the league. It will either be Cazorla/Ozil wide and Flamini/Arteta in the middle or as you were and Campbell/Iwobi straight swap at right wing

Arteta is injured so flamini is the only option there. Wenger really likes caz in the middle as he helps getting them playing forward quickly and mightnt be too keen on a defensive coq and flamini combo. I do think coq and flamini in the middle is most likely but wouldn't be surprised if he left his central mids as is and pushed Bellerin forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Gibbs has been played left wing before by Wenger. Could just switch Sanchez to right wing then .

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Gibbs has been played left wing before by Wenger. Could just switch Sanchez to right wing then .

That's another possible option. They are down to the bare bones in the midfield positions. If Walcott is out for long giroud becomes a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Walcott & Chamberlain expected to be out for 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057514555/1/#post97533681

Good post on the soccer forum about most frequently injured players. Good to know who to avoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dahat wrote: »
    Vardy now running at 57.8% ownership of active teams, for anyone going without him its far too risky IMO.

He's coming in for Martial for me, after this weekend.

Missed the bus completely at this stage though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Right lads I'm looking for people's thoughts on a team too play this week here's my squad

Myhill & Lindegard (wba) V Lei
    Bellerin V Swa
    Van Dyke V Bou
    Kolorov V Nor
    Nyom v West ham
    Evans V Lei
    De Bryne V Nor
    Payet V Wat
    Sanchez V Swa
    Mane V Bou
    Mahrez V Wba
    Vardy V Wba
    Martial V Cry
    Ighalo V West ham

Also interested too hear captain thoughts. In my head I can make a case for 13/14 of the players too start!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Right lads I'm looking for people's thoughts on a team too play this week here's my squad

Bellerin V Swa
    Van Dyke V Bou
    Kolorov V Nor
    Nyom v West ham
    Evans V Lei
    De Bryne V Nor
    Payet V Wat
    Sanchez V Swa
    Mane V Bou
    Mahrez V Wba
    Vardy V Wba
    Martial V Cry
    Ighalo V West ham

Also interested too hear captain thoughts. In my head I can make a case for 13/14 of the players too start!

I'm captaining KDB. I'd bench Nyom, Evans, and Ighalo (very close call with Mahrez though)

I'm captaining KDB. I'd bench Nyom, Evans, and Ighalo (very close call with Mahrez though)

I'm the same with the captain part BUT I'm looking at Martial Nyom Evans as subs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Bench Ayew (Swansea) or Mahrez this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Should I bench Mahrez or play the AOA chip?

Defence is Bellerin-Kompany (Evans-Hangeland-Target)

Its a toss up between will Pulisball get a cleanie or will Leicester bag a few again really...

Front 8 is strong.
    Few people seem to be benching Mahrez, he's been blistering but hasn't started many games lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

lougal88 wrote: »
    Should I bench Mahrez or play the AOA chip?

Defence is Bellerin-Kompany (Evans-Hangeland-Target)

Its a toss up between will Pulisball get a cleanie or will Leicester bag a few again really...

Front 8 is strong.
    Few people seem to be benching Mahrez, he's been blistering but hasn't started many games lately.

I am in the same predicament. Really tempted to use the AOA chip as I can't see myself having a much stronger front 8 as I have now later in the season.

I know most people would say wait for a double game week, but saving the other 2 chips for a dgws seems more important.

My team would be:

Myhill

McAuley, Kolarov (Huth, Souare, Moreno)

Mahrez, Sanchez, KDB, Mane, Barkley

Ighalo, Kane, Bony

Essentially, is it worth it to get Mahrez (WBA A) in for Moreno (CHE A)?

on Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain...
    Nothing has changed since after the game. They are out but the scans are today - it's 48 hours afterwards. We hope they are light injuries, but they are out until after the international break.
    on Ramsey, Ospina, Arteta…
    It's the same for them. You plan for them all after the international break.
    on his right-sided options at Swansea…
    Campbell and Alex Iwobi. Santi can play there as well but he has become very important centrally. The problem sometimes is that you can destroy two departments if you move one player out. We control the ball better with Santi in the middle.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151029/team-news-walcott-ramsey-and-the-ox#ArBrPQ3Ls6ofOc4V.99

• Advertisement

Ox and Walcott both out till after international break according too sky

on Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain...
    Nothing has changed since after the game. They are out but the scans are today - it's 48 hours afterwards. We hope they are light injuries, but they are out until after the international break.
    on Ramsey, Ospina, Arteta…
    It's the same for them. You plan for them all after the international break.
    on his right-sided options at Swansea…
    Campbell and Alex Iwobi. Santi can play there as well but he has become very important centrally. The problem sometimes is that you can destroy two departments if you move one player out. We control the ball better with Santi in the middle.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151029/team-news-walcott-ramsey-and-the-ox#ArBrPQ3Ls6ofOc4V.99

I'd a feeling he would be reluctant to move caz out of the middle no mention of Bellerin moving further forward.

Bellerin V Swa
    Van Dyke V Bou
    Kolorov V Nor
    Nyom v West ham
    Evans V Lei
    De Bryne V Nor
    Payet V Wat
    Sanchez V Swa
    Mane V Bou
    Mahrez V Wba
    Vardy V Wba
    Martial V Cry
    Ighalo V West ham

Any more input here lads ?

I'd bench nyom Evans and martial or ighalo

I'd bench Evans Payet and Ighalo.
    Many will disagree but I see a 0-0 in the Watford v West Ham game.
    2 in form players for sure but probable cleanie again for Nyom.
    Soton West Brom and Swansea all failed to score at Vicarage Road.
    Just my 2 cents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

lougal88 wrote:
    I'd bench Evans Payet and Ighalo. Many will disagree but I see a 0-0 in the Watford v West Ham game. 2 in form players for sure but probable cleanie again for Nyom. Soton West Brom and Swansea all failed to score at Vicarage Road. Just my 2 cents.

Benching Payet is ridiculous imo

spock. wrote: »
    Benching Payet is ridiculous imo

Time will tell I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I'd bench Evans, Nyom and Martial and captain KDB.

I'd bench Evans, Nyom and Martial and captain KDB.

That's what I'm on at the minute.. Martial first sub. Think I'll stick on this

I couldn't bench Payet he's been great and even if finished 0-0 I still see him with a high score between clean sheet and he's nearly allways in the mix with bonus points too

Any word on the Liverpool team from the guy on FFS yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Myhill or De Gea for tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Dempsey wrote: »
    Myhill or De Gea for tomorrow??

Funnily enough, if West Brom were away I would go for Myhill but as things stand DDG. That said, I only have Myhill of those two and I will be playing him. They seem like an expensive goalkeeper pairing. You have both?

Just to cover all bases. If I play my AoA chip and 1 of front 8 doesn't play I know that the chip is lost.

However does the formation also stick, leaving me fielding 10 players or does it revert to a standard formation i.e. 3-5-2 or 3-4-3?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

lougal88 wrote: »
    Just to cover all bases. If I play my AoA chip and 1 of front 8 doesn't play I know that the chip is lost.

However does the formation also stick, leaving me fielding 10 players or does it revert to a standard formation i.e. 3-5-2 or 3-4-3?

Thanks

Reverts to 352/343

FHFC wrote: »
    Reverts to 352/343

Cheers mate.

Just had the fear that Mahrez doesn't play or something goes horribly wrong.

Eternal optimist!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭spuddy90

Is mane available today does anyone know?

spuddy90 wrote: »

His 1 game ban was served midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

spuddy90 wrote: »

Yes, suspension served midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benching Payet would be ridiculous the chap has got a goal or an assist in 8 of his 10 games. Only Vardy beats that consistency I believe. Payet with the higher score because of his extra midfield points.

CSF wrote: »
    Benching Payet would be ridiculous the chap has got a goal or an assist in 8 of his 10 games. Only Vardy beats that consistency I believe. Payet with the higher score because of his extra midfield points.

Agreed 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I propose we abandon the BUIB acronym on the following grounds:
    - it's not obvious and generates a query a day these days.
    - it's not funny or witty (would only be witty if BUIB was a word - like GOAT for Tom Brady "Greatest Of All Time").
    - It only saves typing one letter, BUIB (4) V Pelle (5). Actually harder coz you have to hold shift button for the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I propose we abandon the BUIB acronym on the following grounds:
    - it's not obvious and generates a query a day these days.
    - it's not funny or witty (would only be witty if BUIB was a word - like GOAT for Tom Brady "Greatest Of All Time").
    - It only saves typing one letter, BUIB (4) V Pelle (5). Actually harder coz you have to hold shift button for the whole thing.

I propose at alternative.

1) we have a sticky entitled "The legend of BUIB" for people to be able to read up on.
    2) we petition for its inclusion in the Dictionary.
    3) a letter saved is a letter earned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

BUIB is stupid, as is Pulisball. Sorry guys :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

stephenl15 wrote: »
    BUIB is stupid, as is Pulisball. Sorry guys :P

He's actually quite clever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Can't believe I benched Mahrez...

Advertisement