Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm not usually a fan but did it with Aguero out and I've come to agree with Busts. I played AOA last week and gained 13 pts as a result. If i was going 4 mids I'd probably have sold Mahrez a couple of weeks ago.

Also, with Mahrez, Payet, Ighalo and Vardy how much more could you strengthen your front 7 or defence with that extra 3.5 or 4m?? Pick your ideal front 7 and defence right now and I'd bet you've millions in the bank.

Plus if you spread out the Aguero funds across uogrades to 4 or 5 positions it will be a nightmare trying to fit him back in soon. Uograde the cheap mid and you can reverse it and get Aguero back in 2 transfers.

If Hazard was firing and needed to be fitted in or Aguero was back it wouldn't be an option for me.

You will have bench points, but as Busts said if they weren't on you bench they most likely not be in your squad. Bench points and an irritation but either way they're notin your score.

All things being equal I would never have a strong front 8 but as you say with aguero out sturridge, costa, rooney and hazard doing nothing there is nothing else to do with your money. Between september and december there is an awful lot of football played by the best 6 or 7 teams in the league between CL, EL and Internationals invariably this leads to more injuries and the odd bit of rotation a strong front 8 can help you through those issues.
    Now to convert Lemlin and my work will be complete:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

(C) Kane owners will be relieved !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

All things being equal I would never have a strong front 8 but as you say with aguero out sturridge, costa, rooney and hazard doing nothing there is nothing else to do with your money. Between september and december there is an awful lot of football played by the best 6 or 7 teams in the league between CL, EL and Internationals invariably this leads to more injuries and the odd bit of rotation a strong front 8 can help you through those issues.
    Now to convert Lemlin and my work will be complete:pac:

It'll never happen. A strong front 8 is what nightmares are made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Played Barkley and Myhill instead of Mahrez and Gomes, and Bony (C).....couldn't have gone much worse. Cost me winning the month in my pay league, was 12 points clear before this GW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads the 3 new chips we have this season do we only have 1 for the entire season or do we get them again after Xmas also is their any expiery on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads the 3 new chips we have this season do we only have 1 for the entire season or do we get them again after Xmas also is their any expiery on them?

1 of each for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gents,

Does Myhill rotate well with any other keeper?

And if not, what about someone who rotates with DDG

Gents,

Does Myhill rotate well with any other keeper?

And if not, what about someone who rotates with DDG

Myhill and mig will give u a home fixture up till gw 25. Myhill and sketelberg will give u great fixtures for the rest of the season but not home or away rotation. The toughest game your keeper would have is west ham away. That's assuming myhill keeps his place. I think if u go with ddg you just play him every week due to price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Stekelenburg too imo was looking at that one before. I would be more worried about whether Myhill starts after Christmas more than who rotates well with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Myhill and mig will give u a home fixture up till gw 25. Myhill and sketelberg will give u great fixtures for the rest of the season but not home or away rotation. The toughest game your keeper would have is west ham away. That's assuming myhill keeps his place. I think if u go with ddg you just play him every week due to price.
    Myhill and Steklenberg could both be on the bench in January

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Myhill and Steklenberg could both be on the bench in January

Oh ye forgot about forster

Thanks to all who replied.

Bit of a balls up seeing as I sold Stekelenburg for Myhill 2 weeks ago

*face palm*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A Sanchez injury not the worst result tonight if it happens.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    Stekelenburg too imo was looking at that one before. I would be more worried about whether Myhill starts after Christmas more than who rotates well with him.

Foster back in 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully Myhill has a shot of keeping the place.

Imo trying to rotate Myhill is pointless. I read somewhere today that WBA have the worst home defensive record in the PL this season. Pulis gets an absurdly high percentage of clean sheets but its hard to predict when they will occur. Without running the stats, they seem to tend to concede in "easier" home games as they push on more while they keep it tight in away games or tougher home games.

Meanwhile Myhill kept clean sheets against Man United, Chelsea & Liverpool in 3 of the last 5 games in 2014/15 as posted by FFFIX today. I benched him for Mignolet for all of them! :(

It's the glorious mystery of Pullisball.

If Myhill was in with a chance of keeping the place I'd keep him in a one keeper strategy.

Everyone thought he'd be dropped when Lindegaard signed so I'm hoping.

Imo trying to rotate Myhill is pointless. I read somewhere today that WBA have the worst home defensive record in the PL this season. Pulis gets an absurdly high percentage of clean sheets but its hard to predict when they will occur. Without running the stats, they seem to tend to concede in "easier" home games as they push on more while they keep it tight in away games or tougher home games.

Meanwhile Myhill kept clean sheets against Man United, Chelsea & Liverpool in 3 of the last 5 games in 2014/15 as posted by FFFIX today. I benched him for Mignolet for all of them! :(

If Myhill was in with a chance of keeping the place I'd keep him in a one keeper strategy.

Where did you see back by December? I thought Pulis had ruled him out until after Christmas. It seems crazy that he might lose his place after all he has done!

• Advertisement

Sounds like a save Myhill campaign to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    Where did you see back by December? I thought Pulis had ruled him out until after Christmas. It seems crazy that he might lose his place after all he has done!

Dinnery quoting Pulis on Monday....

Foster close to a return "Hopefully [he'll be back] in a month, three, maybe two weeks. He had a setback which obviously knocked him." #WBA

There was another Dinnery comment about Forster of Southampton being out till the New Year which seems to have caused confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Last year I made a thorough analysis on the GK returns around about that time of the year and updated it up to the January WC. WB was a team performing better away than home ! Overall, the ideal home/away rotation is a myth though. The only candidate I had found was CP/WH. I came to the conclusion that the pts you gain from a rotating combo over a one-team combo are about the same as the ones you lose and waste on your bench when you get it wrong. So that definitely pushed me towards the single team GK combo ;). Now the hard part is to get the right one :p... So far can't complain about Pulis combo ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I agree people should add their outcomes from the chips to that thread. CSF and FHFC have had a great aoa.

I lost points with my AOA :(

I lost points with my AOA :(

This will be quite common imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Wonder what % of say top 100k players currently have used any of their chips?

I'm no where near there but intend waiting till second half of season to use mine.

Wonder what % of say top 100k players currently have used any of their chips?

I'm no where near there but intend waiting till second half of season to use mine.

FFFix probably has top 100k somewhere on their site not going hunting for it though! This is a lot easier to find (up to last deadline):

Chip|Top 10k|Overall
    WC|62.9%|42%
    TC|32.6%|23.7%
    BB|27.4%|14.8%
    AOA|26.9%|14.6%

Not that it means much right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

A bit of a decision to make this week – AOA GW 12 or wait another week?

I’m an advocate of the cheap 5th midfielder, so the AOA chip has always presented me with a bit of a dilemma - how to efficiently adapt my squad to have a strong front 8 for a single week?

Aguero’s injury helps to solve that problem, with funds to spare to go for a short-term strong(er) midfield 5. Which in turn means I should really use the chip in the next couple of gameweeks.

Choosing between GW 12 and GW13 means balancing which is the worse week for my defence with which is the best week for my prospective 5th midfielder?

My back 5 is Bellerin, Bertrand, Dawson, Nyom and Moreno so –

- in GW 12 I’d be playing Bellerin (TOT), Moreno (CRY) and Bertrand (sun) (Nyom’s away to Lei while Dawson’s away to Utd), and
    - in GW 13 I’d be playing Bellerin (wba), Bertrand (STO) and Nyom (UTD) (Moreno’s away to City and Dawson’s home to Ars).

Looking at that, I’d probably prefer to hold off till GW 13 when I can leave Nyom out and just play Bellerin and Bertrand.

My current midfield is Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, KDB and Surman so, with about 9.3-9.4m to spend, I think these are the reasonable prospects for the 5th spot –

- Mané (sun, STO),
    - Sterling (ast, LIV),
    - Ozil (TOT, wba),
    - Eriksen (ars, WHU),
    - Mata (WBA, wat),
    - Ayew (nor, BOU)
    - Cabaye (liv, SUN),

Looking at those GW 13 seems a bit of a mixed bag – Stoke have clean sheets in their last 3 away games, Liverpool at home won’t be overly easy for City, West Brom and Watford away might frustrate Arsenal and Utd, which leaves Eriksen home to the Hammers, Ayew home to Bournemouth or Cabaye home to Sunderland. None of those really jump out at me.

There are more appealing fixtures in GW 12, with Mané away to Sunderland and Sterling away to Villa, but that would mean playing Nyom away to Utd the week after. It would also mean not jumping on the Lukaku-mobile which I’m tempted to do this week

Any advice?

Coming back to this again, based on the feedback and thinking about it a bit more, it's probably trying to be too clever by half.

Realistically, what can I expect to gain from AOA? An assist would be nice, so 5 points. Would be likely to get at least a point from a defender anyway, so the net gain might be 4, and even that is probably over-optimistic.

On the other hand, if just hanging to a free transfer removes the need for a hit at some stage that would also be a 4 point gain.

Better off just holding it until I only have 2 fit defenders for some reason. Or if my cheap 5th midfielder magically turns into a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Defence is -

Myhill, Schmeicel
    Kolarov, Bellerin, Dawson, Alderweireld, Cedric

Not sure who to start. Currently on -

Myhill
    Kolarov, Cedric and ? Probably Dawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thinking of starting Myhill over Butland.
    I know what the odds say but with their stats wrt clean sheets away from home I think it might be the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not sure whether to go with Butland or Cech, can't really see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet but I can say the same about Stoke. Thinking that Butland is more likely to get extra save points than Cech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands; pick 2 from the following 3 defenders:
    Ward (Liv A)
    Bassong (Swa H)
    Cawson (Mun A)

I already have Myhill in goal so Cawson is the one presently benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands; pick 2 from the following 3 defenders:
    Ward (Liv A)
    Bassong (Swa H)
    Cawson (Mun A)

I already have Myhill in goal so Cawson is the one presently benched.

I'd bench Ward. Dawson decision should be irrespective of Myhill and I think he has more attack threat than Ward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I'd bench Ward. Dawson decision should be irrespective of Myhill and I think he has more attack threat than Ward

Food for thought!

Just had a look at the clean sheet odds...

Crystal Palace 15/4
    Norwich 21/10
    West Brom 11/2

West Brom are the team least likely to keep a clean sheet this weekend (level with Villa).:(
    Though I agree with you in terms of attacking potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Food for thought!

Just had a look at the clean sheet odds...

Crystal Palace 15/4
    Norwich 21/10
    West Brom 11/2

West Brom are the team least likely to keep a clean sheet this weekend (level with Villa).:(
    Though I agree with you in terms of attacking potential.

Bookies have been overestimating ManU/underestimating WBA for a while. I'd probably say WBA's odds are more 3 or 4/1; not great, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep a clean sheet. ManU are at the bottom of the league for shots in the box and big chances over the last few GWs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Which keeper rotates well with Hennesey at Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Speroni

Which keeper rotates well with Hennesey at Palace?
    Liam2012 wrote: »
    Speroni

This was my first thought too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    Uniteds defence has gone seriously under the radar. 4/5 CS's

5/6... Having doubled up for most I did Darmian to Berty. That leaves me with DDG, Kolarov, Bellerin & Berty.... nearly hoping for an injury for Kolarov or Bellerin.

DDG & Romero collective now the highest points from between the sticks.

Anyone considering playing more than 3 defenders? Not a massive difference in variance between the highest scoring defenders vs mids vs forwards.

Anyone considering playing more than 3 defenders? Not a massive difference in variance between the highest scoring defenders vs mids vs forwards.

No. 3-4-3. I don't change unless I have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'm getting it hard bench one attacker never mind 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

PARlance wrote:

An ultra premium back 4 of Smalling Bellerin City Southampton is looking like an option now.

spock. wrote: »
    An ultra premium back 4 of Smalling Bellerin City Southampton is looking like an option now.

That's what I'm pondering.
    I have DDG, Bellerin, Kolarov and Berty. I would have no real problem saving 2m or so by adding Smalling or another in place of Mané.

It may offer a bit more flexibility with Aguero on the horizon. And it doesn't look like costing too much points. There ain't much between the top defenders and top mids once you take the top 2-3 out.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking about it rather than having to play mahrez and vardy for Leicester's hard run of games.

I'm bringing in De Gea this evening and will be sticking with a back four of him, Kol, Bertie and Bellerin for the foreseeable. Nyom and Souare to sub in when needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Kane has thrown a spanner in the works of my potential Aquero Vardy and Lukaku front line, oh what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Why do a lot of people seem to be dumping Myhill?...has he bad fixtures coming up?

there is a fella top of one of my pay leagues he is 157th in the world. Its his first year playing he has made 2 transfers all year still has aguero on his bench. He played his wildcard in gw 2 and made only 3 changes. I was thinking id make ground on him today no such luck he had kompany, dann and bolasie. There is no way he can stay there if he continues making no transfers but its a remarkable run. Its hard to believe he continues to rise in the rankings despite leaving a 13 million aguero on his bench for 4 weeks.

Has he TC'ed or used his Bench Boost yet?
    Even though I growing a little impatient with the lack of progress of late, I think I seen a stat showing an awful lot of the guys at the top having used valuable chips. With a bit of luck, both those chips done right could see huge gains in the second half of the season.

• Advertisement

Leader of my league played all out attack this week and he has 3-4-3 formation? How can that be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

A guy in my league played AOA too but Nathan Redmond never played so it brought a defender back into the team as an automatic substitution. It sounds like the same thing happened to the guy in your league.

I thought the chip would have kept the formation at 2-5-3 regardless.

Has he TC'ed or used his Bench Boost yet?
    Even though I growing a little impatient with the lack of progress of late, I think I seen a stat showing an awful lot of the guys at the top having used valuable chips. With a bit of luck, both those chips done right could see huge gains in the second half of the season.

He has used all his chips. They havent made a huge difference for him. GW 6 he used the bench boost only 1 of his 4 subs played wanyama 2 pts. GW 9 TC sanchez against watford 10 x 3 an extra 10 pts. The chips have gained him 12 pts. He doesnt know what he is doing or in a lot of cases isnt doing anything. Ill be shocked if I dont catch him even though he is on 738 pts 85 pts ahead of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

PARlance wrote:
    Leader of my league played all out attack this week and he has 3-4-3 formation? How can that be an option.

One of his mids mustn't have played and a defender subbed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

What about Myhill sales lads?

• Advertisement
Advertisement