Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What about Myhill sales lads?

Next 4 games:

Arsenal (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Spurs (H)
    Liverpool (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What about Myhill sales lads?

sold him last week. Awful fixtures and Foster should be back soon. Ill be getting evans or dawson after wba's bad fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I can see myself buying a West Brom keeper & defender in GW17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Have it down in my notes too! 17-20 should see some decent points coming in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Yeah I'm hoping I can get away with benching Dawson until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Myhill may be dangerous but the good thing about Dawson/Evans (assuming he's fit) is that Pulis won't rotate over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

spock. wrote: »
    An ultra premium back 4 of Smalling Bellerin City Southampton is looking like an option now.
    This is what I ended up having and think I made a mistake. I should rather have gone ahead of the curve and get DDG for Myhill instead. I can't see myself playing 4 defs though with Payet & my whole frontline (Bony/Vardy/Pellè) injured/suspended?/out of form, I could play 4 at the back. I even could play 5 (Souaré home to Sunderland).

But I may not resist the price drops of my players and rises of the ones I'm considering. Because if I ignore it, I may be in big trouble for getting Agüero back in...

Looking at the way the fixtures have panned out I feel that we will see the better teams and their players come to the fore over the next 7 gws. There is 12 gws gone and we have had a very high proportion of the better teams playing against each other. Also a lot of the what you would imagine are the weaker teams have had a lot of favourable fixtures in the first 12 gws.

IMO the best 8 teams in the league are city, utd, arsenal, spurs, everton, liverpool, chelsea, southampton in the first 12 gws these have played against each other in a very high percentage of games compared to what will happen in the next 7 gws. There is 28 fixtures between these teams in the first 19 gws. We have had 21 of these games already in 12 gws thats an average of 1.75 a gw. In the next 7 gws there is only 7 of these games an average of 1 a gw. That means a much bigger % of games against what I feel is the bottom 12 teams for who I class the stronger teams.
    Games between those teams are
    City Liverpool
    City southampton
    Spurs Chelsea
    Arsenal City
    Southampton Spurs
    Southampton Arsenal
    Utd Chelsea
    Meaning in the next 7 gws games against other top 8 teams
    City and southampton 3
    spurs, arsenal and Chelsea 2
    Liverpool and Utd 1
    Everton 0

Of course people will have their own opinions of the best 8 teams . Leicester for example look great, chelsea have been awful etc. However whats important now is what is going to happen not what has happened.
    Anyway my strategy in this game a lot of time revolves around teams I think will score a lot of goals and having players from those teams . Its why Ive been big on arsenal mids all season. Its also the reason I avoided payet which cost me a lot of points. I still wasnt tempted to get him in though the past few weeks as I felt there were better options due to west ham fixtures. Leicester will between GW 14 and 19 have 5 of their 6 games against teams I feel are the best 8 in the league its why I cant see myself sticking with 2 leicester attackers.

Ill be aiming to get as many players as I can into my team from those 8 clubs for the next 7 gws as I feel with easier fixtures they should perform better than they have so far. I currently have 9 so happy enough with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Looking at the way the fixtures have panned out I feel that we will see the better teams and their players come to the fore over the next 7 gws. There is 12 gws gone and we have had a very high proportion of the better teams playing against each other. Also a lot of the what you would imagine are the weaker teams have had a lot of favourable fixtures in the first 12 gws.

IMO the best 8 teams in the league are city, utd, arsenal, spurs, everton, liverpool, chelsea, southampton in the first 12 gws these have played against each other in a very high percentage of games compared to what will happen in the next 7 gws. There is 28 fixtures between these teams in the first 19 gws. We have had 21 of these games already in 12 gws thats an average of 1.75 a gw. In the next 7 gws there is only 7 of these games an average of 1 a gw. That means a much bigger % of games against what I feel is the bottom 12 teams for who I class the stronger teams.
    Games between those teams are
    City Liverpool
    City southampton
    Spurs Chelsea
    Arsenal City
    Southampton Spurs
    Southampton Arsenal
    Utd Chelsea
    Meaning in the next 7 gws games against other top 8 teams
    City and southampton 3
    spurs, arsenal and Chelsea 2
    Liverpool and Utd 1
    Everton 0

Of course people will have their own opinions of the best 8 teams . Leicester for example look great, chelsea have been awful etc. However whats important now is what is going to happen not what has happened.
    Anyway my strategy in this game a lot of time revolves around teams I think will score a lot of goals and having players from those teams . Its why Ive been big on arsenal mids all season. Its also the reason I avoided payet which cost me a lot of points. I still wasnt tempted to get him in though the past few weeks as I felt there were better options due to west ham fixtures. Leicester will between GW 14 and 19 have 5 of their 6 games against teams I feel are the best 8 in the league its why I cant see myself sticking with 2 leicester attackers.

Ill be aiming to get as many players as I can into my team from those 8 clubs for the next 7 gws as I feel with easier fixtures they should perform better than they have so far. I currently have 9 so happy enough with that.

Excellent post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    Excellent post.

Need a folder in my bookmarks called "Busts Wisdom" for these gems for when i eventually get my head back remotely into FPL. :)

• Advertisement

Excellent post Busts, particularly about the amount of games between your top 8.

I think you were wrong about Payet though. Me too. I told everyone he was not of the consistent kind and would only score in bursts (though I did mention Bielsa's huge impact on his consistency last year) and he proved me wrong. Credits to Bielsa, he made him a much better player. His 2 worst scores were home to Bournemouth & away to Watford. So fixtures didn't really have an impact on him.
    Anyway, there are always players from smaller teams that become FPL "must haves" for their points per value (Blackpool's Charlie Adam was probably one of the best ever example; last year Austin, Kane though he was playing for a premium side, Vardy in the end of the season).

Replacing Payet is actually proving to be a nightmare for me. Midfield is KDB, Sanchez, Mahrez, Wanyama.
    Coutinho, Ozil, Mata are good options but somehow I'm not convinced. Can Coutinho really become FPL-consistent under Klopp? Can LVG make Mata a definite starter? Can Ozil keep up his crazy assisting rate (isn't he currently reaching Fabregas anomalous rate from the beginning of last season?)? Aren't Ozil-Sanchez Arsenal overkill? Sterling/Yaya? Same issue regarding City overkill with KDB, especially assuming Aguero will be back upfront at some point.
    Going cheaper, is Barkley a real alternative? Going Barkley-Kane to accomodate Agüero easier than Eriksen-Lukaku (and anyway the former combo is delivering slightly more pts lately for currently £0.6m cheaper).
    Willian? Chelsea are poison right now. Mané? For some reason, never rated him that high.
    Esewhere, I only see some appeal in Wijnaldum & Ayew. But a sensible question could be asked about their worthiness over players like Redmond/Lanzini...

And where it becomes almost impossible to make a choice is outside Barkley any top 8 candidate would require a Sanchez/KDB significant downgrade to accomodate Agüero back in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looking at the way the fixtures have panned.....

You've joined iroced on my "stick on the kettle and make a cuppa before reading this post" list. FHFC showing some promise in this area too. He just needs more text and less spreadsheets :)

Great post, all the effort just to gloat about having 9 of them. Aren't you great. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not too worried about not having Kun for the first couple of games. He'll have to work his way back to match fitness.

Re Payet, most of my defence have good fixtures next GW so I'll probably bench him and go 4-3-3 and hope a real contender for his position rears their head.

Coutinho and Ozil aren't really options if I want to free up cash. I'm about a mil short of Lukaku to Kun at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

iroced wrote: »
    Replacing Payet is actually proving to be a nightmare for me. Midfield is KDB, Sanchez, Mahrez, Wanyama.

Esewhere, I only see some appeal in Wijnaldum & Ayew. But a sensible question could be asked about their worthiness over players like Redmond/Lanzini...

And where it becomes almost impossible to make a choice is outside Barkley any top 8 candidate would require a Sanchez/KDB significant downgrade to accomodate Agüero back in...
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm not too worried about not having Kun for the first couple of games. He'll have to work his way back to match fitness.

Coutinho and Ozil aren't really options if I want to free up cash. I'm about a mil short of Lukaku to Kun at the minute.

If you're looking at cheaper options for midfield Wijnaldum and Deulofeu are the 2 I'd be seriously looking at. Both are currently pivotal in their sides attacking wise and both of their sides have a great run of games.

If Klopp can bring any degree of consistency to Coutinho I'll be jumping on that train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm not too worried about not having Kun for the first couple of games. He'll have to work his way back to match fitness
    YEah agreed, how many times does he have a quick relapse when they rushed him back before - I can see Pelegrini being very patient this time.

Re Payet, most of my defence have good fixtures next GW so I'll probably bench him and go 4-3-3 and hope a real contender for his position rears their head.

I agree with you. And as I said in another thread, if Bellerin is back fully fit for next GW, I'll have 5 good defender options.
    But Payet will drop and lose me £0.1m (I don't think and hope he won't lose me £0.2m).
    So I'm gonna have to decide if a 4 pts hit is worth it to keep my resale value high enough and think long-term or if I should swallow it and trust my defense.

Planning too much ahead is one of my FPL downfall. But, taking risks this season has generally paid off.
    Colking wrote: »
    If you're looking at cheaper options for midfield Wijnaldum and Deulofeu are the 2 I'd be seriously looking at. Both are currently pivotal in their sides attacking wise and both of their sides have a great run of games.

If Klopp can bring any degree of consistency to Coutinho I'll be jumping on that train.
    Can Deulofeu maintain that scoring rate? I don't know much about him?
    Even Wijnaldum would be too expensive for me to get Agüero back in quick and easy.

But, as Lemlin said, I don't think there's any rush.
    But again, I'm trying not to be caught in an impossible situation (3-4 transfers or depleting my team elsewhere) if it turns out to be better to get Sergio earlier than most of us planned.
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    YEah agreed, how many times does he have a quick relapse when they rushed him back before - I can see Pelegrini being very patient this time.
    Not sure about that, it seems to me he (and managers in general) will never learn.

In theory, I agree 100% with you. But remember the start of the season. Most of us had plans to smoothly ease Agüero in our team after several GWs hoping/expecting he'll slowly see his gametime increase. And what happened in practice? City "demolished" Chelsea, Agüero had a blinder (despite not getting a huge FPL return) and we all jumped straight on him (just to suffer 5 blanks in a row before he finally rewarded us).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Not sure about that, it seems to me he (and managers in general) will never learn.

In theory, I agree 100% with you. But remember the start of the season. Most of us had plans to smoothly ease Agüero in our team after several GWs hoping/expecting he'll slowly see his gametime increase. And what happened in practice? City "demolished" Chelsea, Agüero had a blinder (despite not getting a huge FPL return) and we all jumped straight on him (just to suffer 5 blanks in a row before he finally rewarded us).

I agree, I think he'll be thrown back in pretty quick, mainly as Bony is injured.

Planning too much ahead is one of my FPL downfall. But, taking risks this season has generally paid off.

Can Deulofeu maintain that scoring rate? I don't know much about him?
    Even Wijnaldum would be too expensive for me to get Agüero back in quick and easy.

But, as Lemlin said, I don't think there's any rush.
    But again, I'm trying not to be caught in an impossible situation (3-4 transfers or depleting my team elsewhere) if it turns out to be better to get Sergio earlier than most of us planned.

Deulofeu for me right now is much better than Barkley as Barkley has dropped deeper with the re-introduction of Kone. As a result he is now the assister of the assister. With Evertons great run of games I don't think Deulofeu's a huge risk. The Everton supporters seem to think he's the real deal and nailed on (he's apparently learned his lesson about being too greedy)

Some other names that were popping up are:

Lanzini he could be an interesting punt. The only fear is that West Ham might revert to long ball into Carrol and bypass Lanzini opportunities to play in incisively. Alternatively he might play in the hole. I'd wait a week or two and see how WH pan out without Payet.

Bolasie could also be an interesting option @6.1 (plays in a very advanced position and Palace have a very good run of games)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Lads, what happened with Cedric at the weekend? Was he just rested or what? I didn't read anything about it.

• Advertisement

John83 wrote: »
    Lads, what happened with Cedric at the weekend? Was he just rested or what? I didn't read anything about it.

He's not locked on, he has competition from Yoshida. Yoshida scored mid week and was MotM so he started on the weekend.

Also it looks like Koeman trusts Yoshida to put in a more defensive shift than Cedric. So there may be some rotation throughout the season.

Due to the long travel he has to Japan, Yoshida doesn't usually start after international breaks, so its expected that Cedric will start the next match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Colking wrote: »
    He's not locked on, he has competition from Yoshida. Yoshida scored mid week and was MotM so he started on the weekend.

Also it looks like Koeman trusts Yoshida to put in a more defensive shift than Cedric. So there may be some rotation throughout the season.

Due to the long travel he has to Japan, Yoshida doesn't usually start after international breaks, so its expected that Cedric will start the next match.

Was wondering the same thing myself.

Thought he'd be first choice as he's been decent enough. Would prefer not to transfer him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

hogey143 wrote: »
    Was wondering the same thing myself.

Thought he'd be first choice as he's been decent enough. Would prefer not to transfer him out

Thought he's been poor defensively myself

Has Differential FPL app stopped working properly for anyone else? Not updating scores and crashes when you try to go into scores screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

FHFC wrote: »
    Has Differential FPL app stopped working properly for anyone else? Not updating scores and crashes when you try to go into scores screen.

Working for me.

Uninstall and reinstall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Re bargain midfielders, I think Dele Alli is going to have a huge impact at Spurs, I see a lot of Aaron Ramsey 13\14 in him, he had a decent scoring record at MK Dona and he's improving week on week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Re bargain midfielders, I think Dele Alli is going to have a huge impact at Spurs, I see a lot of Aaron Ramsey 13\14 in him, he had a decent scoring record at MK Dona and he's improving week on week.

Hope so, brought him in for Payet today.
    Looks decent and think he's the standout of bargin priced midfielders.

Hope so, brought him in for Payet today.
    Looks decent and think he's the standout of bargin priced midfielders.

I've had an eye on him whenever I can this season after reading a book called living on the volcano which is about football management. Karl Robinson who is manager at MK Dona seems like a very sensible man and he reckons Alli will be world class very soon. Started to look it on Sunday.
    I never really read the transfer thread until close to match day, has he been mentioned much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Indeed.
    I think you can throw Harry Arter @ 4.7m in the mix too.

I've had an eye on him whenever I can this season after reading a book called living on the volcano which is about football management. Karl Robinson who is manager at MK Dona seems like a very sensible man and he reckons Alli will be world class very soon. Started to look it on Sunday.
    I never really read the transfer thread until close to match day, has he been mentioned much?

Good book? Might look it up. Haven't read all the transfer thread, one or two mentions, not majorly though.
    Had been planning on moving away from a strong front 8, to 7 and one cheap midfielder. So, I've gone for Alli as the bargin midfielder, but think he's a player I'd be comfortable enough to have in starting 11 every so often.

Good book? Might look it up. Haven't read all the transfer thread, one or two mentions, not majorly though.
    Had been planning on moving away from a strong front 8, to 7 and one cheap midfielder. So, I've gone for Alli as the bargin midfielder, but think he's a player I'd be comfortable enough to have in starting 11 every so often.

Excellent book yeah.
    Ideally I like my 5th mid to be 4.5 or less, as the season progresses I may consider Alli as a 4th midfielder, I don't have the bankroll that some others do and I don't think I'll be happy with Ighalo as a third striker for much longer.
    Either way I think there's goals I Alli and with Dier playing more defensively in general he will be box to box, Spurs look like they could score a lot of goals from here on in

• Advertisement

Are people not concerned that Bentaleb and Chadli will be back in the next 2 or 3 GW's ?

Surely that will see Ali on the bench ?

Are people not concerned that Bentaleb and Chadli will be back in the next 2 or 3 GW's ?

Surely that will see Ali on the bench ?

Honestly, didn't think of Bentaleb being back that soon, had been thinking of Chadli alright. For now, I'm happy enough to have Alli as a 5th midfielder, he's seems to be playing well, and tho might not be guarranteed starter, do think he'll get decent amount of game time as season goes on

I think you're better off with someone nailed on like a Fletcher, Wanyama, Surman, etc. for the holiday fixtures. They're cheaper and highly likely to start every match which I don't think Alli is over that period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I think you're better off with someone nailed on like a Fletcher, Wanyama, Surman, etc. for the holiday fixtures. They're cheaper and highly likely to start every match which I don't think Alli is over that period

+1

Cheap 5th should be an enabler really if you are playing 343. Pointless tying up 0.5- 1.0 on a guy who will rarely get a game .

F1ngers wrote: »
    Working for me.

Uninstall and reinstall.

Wentto do this but it seems to be gone from Play Store! ??

dahat wrote: »
    +1

Cheap 5th should be an enabler really if you are playing 343. Pointless tying up 0.5- 1.0 on a guy who will rarely get a game .

Happy enough to take a punt on him, Still expect Alli to get games, might be that some of them are as a sub, but would still expect him to get the odd goal or assist. He has started 8 games and one as sub and has 39pts, not bad returns.
    Gosling, Wanyama, Surman will start week in, week out, but most likely will only return 2 or 3 Pts per gw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Happy enough to take a punt on him, Still expect Alli to get games, might be that some of them are as a sub, but would still expect him to get the odd goal or assist. He has started 8 games and one as sub and has 39pts, not bad returns.
    Gosling, Wanyama, Surman will start week in, week out, but most likely will only return 2 or 3 Pts per gw.

Get games in your team is what I meant to put in. I suppose it's budget dependant really, I couldn't put him in as all my cash is tied up bar 0.2.

I compared him with ramsey earlier on and I think it's true in more ways than one. When Ramsey started scoring I like many others felt he wouldn't even keep his place in the team on a full time basis, Alli doesn't have the class of competition Ramsey had and I think he will be one of the first names on the team sheet very soon.
    As regards the extra .4m for a fifth mid, that's a tough one, I think a player playing for a top 4 side (I think they'll finish fourth) with an eye for goal could be worth a 4th mid spot to allow for extra money to spend up top.

I compared him with ramsey earlier on and I think it's true in more ways than one. When Ramsey started scoring I like many others felt he wouldn't even keep his place in the team on a full time basis, Alli doesn't have the class of competition Ramsey had and I think he will be one of the first names on the team sheet very soon.
    As regards the extra .4m for a fifth mid, that's a tough one, I think a player playing for a top 4 side (I think they'll finish fourth) with an eye for goal could be worth a 4th mid spot to allow for extra money to spend up top.

This is it. If he does come good as many seem to forsee I'd be putting him 4th mid for a super deluxe strike force. No point in spending extra on the bench player. If he is scoring goals you'll very rarely get the benefit and only on a very random and lucky basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Where's George Boyd when ya need him.
    4.4m - check
    Started every game - check
    Popped up with a good few goals/assists - check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

4.4m - check

Legend.

That week where last season when I (and many others) captained Costa and he didn't play will stick in the memory. SGB came in with a 9 pointer!

4.4m - check

What a guy. Less a player more a superhero coming in and saving your week right when you needed him.

jimmii wrote: »
    What a guy. Less a player more a superhero coming in and saving your week right when you needed him.

William Wallace George Boyd: And if this is your army, team why does it go?
    Veteran Experienced FPL Player: We didn't come here to fight for them lose points!
    Young SoldierNew FPL Player: Home! The English premium players are too many!
    William Wallace George Boyd: Sons of Scotland! FPL I am William Wallace George Boyd.
    Young SoldierNew FPL Player: William Wallace George Boyd is seven feet tall!
    William Wallace George Boyd: Yes, I've heard. Kills men Scores points by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English FPL with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse and get multiple hat tricks for your team !.

[Scottish army FPL Players both experienced and New laughs

William Wallace George Boyd: I *am* William Wallace ! George Boyd! And I see a whole army of my countrymen faithful followers, here in defiance of tyranny premium players. You've come to fight as free men... and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
    Veteran Experienced FPL Player: Fight? Against that template teams and popular picks? No! We will run. And we will live slowly lose OR.
    William Wallace George Boyd: Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!
    [Scottish army FPL Players both experienced and New cheers
    William Wallace George Boyd: Alba gu bràth! I will get you points !
    ["[S]Scotland[/S] [COLOR="magenta"]FPL FTW[/COLOR] forever!"]
    [Scottish army FPL Players both experienced and New ALBA GU BRÀTH! ALBA GU BRÀTH! ALBA GU BRÀTH! WE WILL ALL FINISH IN THE TOP 1K!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Guardian team of the year- wonder what price this team would have cost at start of season ha. I would prob have lakuku in for pelle and maybe butland in goal but agree with rest. http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/11/premier-league-team-season-so-far

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Guardian team of the year- wonder what price this team would have cost at start of season ha. I would prob have lakuku in for pelle and maybe butland in goal but agree with rest. http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/11/premier-league-team-season-so-far

Its pretty crazy alright. Presumably if all these players had moved clubs in July only two of them would have gone for £15m+ goes to show there is still some value out there for scouts to find these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Big work needed to get Aguero back in...

Kompany ----> Bertie
    Distin ----> Bennett
    Sanchez ----> Ozil
    Payet
    > Tadic
    Pelle ----> Aguero

Gomez -- Elliott

Bertie -- Smalling -- Bellerin -- Souare -- Bennett

KDB -- Tadic -- Ozil -- Mahrez -- Wanyama

---- Aguero -- Lukaku -- Kane

I am .1 short of doing in 4 transfers. I could do it in three handy but the 6 million or less midfield options ain't that attractive. I have 2 freebies so can break it up over the next 2 GW'S and will only cost me -8. Not overly happy with the MF but the high value players like Sanchez are not firing. Will obviiously wait til next week and we know where Aguero is at.

Thoughts?

Moving the moreno talk from the injuries thread. I still feel he is a great option. From an FF perspective Its not really important if he is a good defender or not, the key thing is him keeping his place. Liverpool kept 14 C.S. last year with a manager that didnt put a huge amount of scope on defensive work. Lovren was in the team for 12 of those, Moreno for 10 so more than capable of C.S. with both in the team. They have 4 C.S out of 12 this year however after the next GW they will have played City, UTD, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton away a tough run of fixtures.
    At his price I cant see anyone bar evans that comes near him. However moreno's next six are much better. He is taking some corners, was unlucky against chelsea to not score and benteke missed a great chance from his cross against palace. I wouldnt be reading too much into the game against palace. The full squad with a close to full strength team was in Russia on the thurs night which is far from ideal preparation for a game. He is also at a price that you dont have to play him every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

At Moreno's price, he can even be rotated. I don't see any much better 3rd/4th defenders out there over the next couple months bearing in mind Aguero's return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nib wrote: »

What a great season that was. Michu, Bale, Mata, Silva, Walcott across the midfield with RVP captain every week.

Advertisement