Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Invincible wrote: »
    Think Bust's had it few weeks back, not seen it since.

It's still being leaked. Was leaked correctly for city game and the midweek game. Check ffs or the Liverpool thread on here. I can't remember who on twitter is posting it. Im away at the moment with limited Internet access so don't have time to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone download the beta version of the Fantasy Football Fix app yet. Looks the biz although only price changes and gameweek live operating so far. I assume you will be able to manage your team etc with it eventually.
    twitter wrote:
    We're pleased to now put the Android version of our app on an open beta before general release. Download here https://t.co/QqnIDGCBVb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can't download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Anyone download the beta version of the Fantasy Football Fix app yet. Looks the biz although only price changes and gameweek live operating so far. I assume you will be able to manage your team etc with it eventually.

FFFix is having same trouble in terms of Google thinking it's a gambling app :rolleyes:

Also, Differential is still working for me but just noticed that Steve put up a direct link if that's useful for anyone that lost it
    https://twitter.com/stevepenna/status/669063019192713218

FFFix is having same trouble in terms of Google thinking it's a gambling app :rolleyes:

Also, Differential is still working for me but just noticed that Steve put up a direct link if that's useful for anyone that lost it
    https://twitter.com/stevepenna/status/669063019192713218

I downloaded that Differential FPL version but it doesn't work properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ha, looks like Neil Robertson is big into his fantasy football if you go into his Twitter and view his photos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Ha, looks like Neil Robertson is big into his fantasy football if you go into his Twitter and view his photos :)

Fun week to look back to! Keep an eye out for bazinga147 in the league! Wonder if he is a big bang theory fan too. Seems to be a big fifa fan as well looking at twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

jimmii wrote: »
    Fun week to look back to! Keep an eye out for bazinga147 in the league! Wonder if he is a big bang theory fan too. Seems to be a big fifa fan as well looking at twitter.

Don't forget World of Warcraft he mentions that a lot too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

What are peoples opinions on playing some of the chips? Or is there a thread already dedicated to this? Basically team for this week is as follows.

Mignolet
    Van Dijk Zouma Kolarov
    Ozil Barkley Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Ighalo

But I've Ayew (Swansea at home to Leicester, should be goals you would imagine)
    Sagna (City away to Stoke. Could potentially keep a CS)
    Darmian (United home to West Ham, should start again and good chance of 6 points)

Keeper is McCarthy so no points to be gained there.

Really thinking of playing my Bench boost as I don't see there being a much better opportunity for my bench to gain points. I had originally planned on waiting for a double week obviously but I'm tempted to pull the trigger now. Thoughts?

wardides wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on playing some of the chips? Or is there a thread already dedicated to this? Basically team for this week is as follows.

Mignolet
    Van Dijk Zouma Kolarov
    Ozil Barkley Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Ighalo

Darmian (United home to West Ham, should start again and good chance of 6 points)

Really thinking of playing my Bench boost as I don't see there being a much better opportunity for my bench to gain points. I had originally planned on waiting for a double week obviously but I'm tempted to pull the trigger now. Thoughts?

If you wait till a dgw and can get 15 players with a dgw it would give you an extra 5 players playing as opposed to using it this week.

• Advertisement

Mignolet
    Van Dijk Zouma Kolarov
    Ozil Barkley Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Ighalo

There is a thread but seeing as its so new then everyone is still learning about how to use them best. The benefit of keeping it for a DGW is the decent players with decent fixtures that you may otherwise bench in a DGW for a decent player with a DGW no longer need to be benched.

Looking at your team this week I would be tempted to go with the AOA over the bench boost and start Zouma and Van Dijk but it does seem like a decent week for the bench boost too but while Man City could potentially keep a CS (can't you say that about any team!) I don't think its likely enough to warrant using the bench boost to get them on the bench and makes it even less appealing when you're only going to be adding 3/4 of the players that using the bench boost should give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I'm honestly not buying into the double game week idea though. In order to fully maximise that you're either going to need to play your wildcard or transfer in a few weeks ahead. And then what happens after the DGW? I'm of the opinion that in the long run, you're better off trying to ensure you have 2/3 key players for double game weeks as opposed to trying to get 15 players who are playing DGW (and how many teams tend to play a double gameweek anyway?).

I thought about using AOA as above but it would mean dropping Darmian/Kolarov. Can't see West Ham scoring at Old trafford so Ayew would need to at least net against Lecester for that to have any effect.

I've reshaped my team to put Kolarov, Sagna & Ayew on the bench. Now I'm thinking bench boost may be a waste as if Stoke score all I'll probably get from 2 city defenders is 2 points each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm honestly not buying into the double game week idea though. In order to fully maximise that you're either going to need to play your wildcard or transfer in a few weeks ahead. And then what happens after the DGW? I'm of the opinion that in the long run, you're better off trying to ensure you have 2/3 key players for double game weeks as opposed to trying to get 15 players who are playing DGW (and how many teams tend to play a double gameweek anyway?).

I thought about using AOA as above but it would mean dropping Darmian/Kolarov. Can't see West Ham scoring at Old trafford so Ayew would need to at least net against Lecester for that to have any effect.

I've reshaped my team to put Kolarov, Sagna & Ayew on the bench. Now I'm thinking bench boost may be a waste as if Stoke score all I'll probably get from 2 city defenders is 2 points each.

Whatever your opinion on using it for a DGW or not, I think you're better to wait until the week after a WC for the bench boost. For starters you can pick 2 playing GKs.

If you do decide to use it for a DGW, it would mean WCing the week before, as you point out. You don't have to rip your team apart, but you could pick a few cheapie bench players who do have DGWs. For example Leicester did great last year in a DGW. Having 3 of their players on the bench, with a bench boost activated during that DGW, would have been amazing!

Just use a simple formula. Take 4 points per player as an average that they might get.
    Non DWG gives you 15 players * 4 points per player = 60 points.
    DWG (with say 10 DGW players) gives you 25 players * 4 points per player = 100 points.

Yeh getting 15 DGWers is likely not the best idea I am sure a few will do it and it may work out but historically we've seen that it normally doesn't in the long run due to the mess it makes of your team (unless you get a really freak winter and have a full double schedule if that happens you're screwed without it!). What I have often found happening in the past though is that you end up benching decent players for budget players who have a DGW so using the bench boost then would allow you to not have to do that.

It does come down to what type of DGWs we will have, which we obviously don't know, so its impossible for us to know exactly what is going to work out best each season. This season it looks like we're basically guaranteed at least one small DGW which is likely to be a better time to use the TC as it is likely to be based around City.

Using it on your team this week is really just to get Ayew on the pitch (who I think you should be starting anyway) in doing so it is at the expense of using it while having a non-playing GK, Darmian (who knows what LVG might do!) and two defenders with a tricky away game. There may well be good times to use it outside of DGWs but I don't think this is one of them for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Gary Neville appointed head coach of Valencia until end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I was about to say that you must mean Phil, but then I checked Twitter!

didn't see that coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The primary benefit you can gain from playing the bench boost on a DGW is being able to have 2 keepers with a DGW, so a couple of extra points than you'd normally get from the bench boost in theory.

Hard to get any benefit from the outfielders as you'd need 11 DGW players to have any extra playing than on a normal bench boost week.

CSF wrote: »
    The primary benefit you can gain from playing the bench boost on a DGW is being able to have 2 keepers with a DGW, so a couple of extra points than you'd normally get from the bench boost in theory.

Hard to get any benefit from the outfielders as you'd need 11 DGW players to have any extra playing than on a normal bench boost week.

Ah yes. I don't think my calculation above is quite accurate is it? It doesn't factor in the fact that someone who doesn't play the BB in DGW, will still have a certain number of players in the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Probably means the end of him on MNF which is a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Getting closer to a managers job at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ah yes. I don't think my calculation above is quite accurate is it? It doesn't factor in the fact that someone who doesn't play the BB in DGW, will still have a certain number of players in the DGW.

Easy mistake to make, they're all quite new and shiny and without any clear strategy as to when they're best used, treble captain excluded obviously.

Was there any suggestion of this seems to have come out of nowhere!

CSF wrote: »
    Easy mistake to make, they're all quite new and shiny and without any clear strategy as to when they're best used, treble captain excluded obviously.

Hmm, it's actually not a big difference at all (even if you assume 15 DGW) players:

Use BB in DGW: 30 games (15 players playing twice) + 11 games (11 players in a normal GW) = total of 41 games.

Use BB in Non DGW: 22 games (11 players playing twice) + 15 games (15 players using BB in a normal GW) = total of 37 games.

So only a difference of 4 games. Of course those 4 games could mean anywhere from 4 points to 40 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Didn't hear anything, maybe Moyes put in a word for him before he left his post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Probably means the end of him on MNF which is a shame.

Thought the same reading that. Terrible news for me who loves watching the analysis on MNF. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Apparently the owner of Valencia has a share in Salford FC.

Didn't hear anything, maybe Moyes put in a word for him before he left his post!

Just seen the Valencia owner has a share of Salford City so guessing that's the link. Great that he has brought Phil in too.

bohsman wrote: »
    Apparently the owner of Valencia has a share in Salford FC.

Yeh he owns half of it and the lads each own 10%.

Didnt see any football at the weekend. Anyone know if there is any sites with a highlights package. Is there anywhere I could see MOTD?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Didnt see any football at the weekend. Anyone know if there is any sites with a highlights package. Is there anywhere I could see MOTD?

I downloaded Motd on Sunday as I missed it myself Saturday, so that's an option. PM for details if you're unable to do that yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/

Pm'd you a great wee link there..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

When I reload my team on the fffix site using my fpl ID it is not allowing me to update transfers for this GW. Is this the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

ElTel wrote: »
    When I reload my team on the fffix site using my fpl ID it is not allowing me to update transfers for this GW. Is this the norm?

I presume you have to wait until the new gameweek starts.

things seem to be changing alright. I was waiting for a bit of evidence but 13 goals away to chelsea,city and southampton is impressive. Coutinho is firmly on my radar now;). If someone could guarantee me sturridge would play the next 5 games id get him in and leave the armband on him till the new year. Thats not going to happen though.

I've never experienced this situation of there being so many very good options that i'd love in my team. I usually have a clear idea who i want and what differentials i fancy. But at the moment there are 2 players I'd love for every front 7 slot in my team, especially the front three.

Aguero, Luakau, Vardy, Kane are all hard to conceive doing without although I have decided to move Vardy on imimnently. Thats before you even consider Ighalo. A fit Sturridge would also be something I'd always want in my team.

Even in midfield i want Ozil (for now at least), DeBruyne, mahrez, Hazard, Deulofeu, Coutinho but only 4 spots excluding my cheapie 5th who I'd love to make Alli for Xmas at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

I've never experienced this situation of there being so many very good options that i'd love in my team. I usually have a clear idea who i want and what differentials i fancy. But at the moment there are 2 players I'd love for every front 7 slot in my team, especially the front three.

Aguero, Luakau, Vardy, Kane are all hard to conceive doing without although I have decided to move Vardy on imimnently. Thats before you even consider Ighalo. A fit Sturridge would also be something I'd always want in my team.

Even in midfield i want Ozil (for now at least), DeBruyne, mahrez, Hazard, Deulofeu, Coutinho but only 4 spots excluding my cheapie 5th who I'd love to make Alli for Xmas at least.

Lukaku is hot now, but he is usually a disappointment. Don't give up on Vardy. This is his year. For midfielders, you left off Barkley for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I still can't see the rationale behind dropping Vardy. A huge mistake of mine was dropping Kane last year when he was coming into a run of difficult fixtures. I learned from it because he excelled. Form over fixtures.

Vardy scored against what is probably the best defence in the League last weekend. None of the top teams look defensively solid.

I realise he won't keep up the current scoring rate but even one in two with the odd assist thrown in would've great for his price.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I still can't see the rationale behind dropping Vardy. A huge mistake of mine was dropping Kane last year when he was coming into a run of difficult fixtures. I learned from it because he excelled. Form over fixtures.

Vardy scored against what is probably the best defence in the League last weekend. None of the top teams look defensively solid.

I realise he won't keep up the current scoring rate but even one in two with the odd assist thrown in would've great for his price.

Can't argue with that. The problem is how do you get aguero. I wonder would 2 city mids instead be a way around this problem. With their form and fixtures I can't sell kane and lukaku either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote: »

Exactly this. I'm still haunted by dropping Kane for Pelle in my January wildcard - so many of us were too clever for our own good and it completely back fired.

That's why I've been puzzled by so many people talking of bringing in Hazard, which I'm sure people would be less inclined to do if it didn't currently read BOU (H) next to his name. I may eat my words this weekend, but I'd rather miss out on one monster score than to hold onto dead weight for weeks waiting for that to happen.

Regarding Hazard.

Done some number crunching as I felt there had to be a marked improvement in his stats over the last 3 games when Chelsea have been improved.

And there is. Figures are average per game.

370503.jpg

Major improvement in Shots and Shots in Box which are ahead of last seasons averages over the last 3. His accuracy has been down but can be expected to even out if he keeps getting chances.

Chances created also significantly up and ahead of last season.

Stats from AllThingsFPL free Opta tables.

• Advertisement

Can't argue with that. The problem is how do you get aguero. I wonder would 2 city mids instead be a way around this problem. With their form and fixtures I can't sell kane and lukaku either.

This is the conundrum.

I'll probably keep Vary for a while but by GW18 Aguero will have to come in. Still probably for Vardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The problem with going without Aguero is he could hit 3 or 4 goals on any given day whereas Vardy isn't going to be explosive like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Regarding Hazard.

Done some number crunching as I felt there had to be a marked improvement in his stats over the last 3 games when Chelsea have been improved.

And there is. Figures are average per game.

370503.jpg

Major improvement in Shots and Shots in Box which are ahead of last seasons averages over the last 3. His accuracy has been down but can be expected to even out if he keeps getting chances.

Chances created also significantly up and ahead of last season.

Stats from AllThingsFPL free Opta tables.

Wasn't he deployed up front in the last game though, which would presumably give a boost to his attacking stats anyway? Not to p1ss on your chips or anything, just wondering if that could explain the uptick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Well lads looking for opinions here. I have Rojo and Sanchez both red flagged need too move them on. I fancy Barkley and Ozil who are both in good form. I can also get Smalling in and have some change. What's people's opinions.? Am I over looking someone?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well lads looking for opinions here. I have Rojo and Sanchez both red flagged need too move them on. I fancy Barkley and Ozil who are both in good form. I can also get Smalling in and have some change. What's people's opinions.? Am I over looking someone?

I wouldn't sell Mane this week. Even for Barkley.

Also dunno if Rojo to Smalling worth a hit when you have three other defenders with excellent fixtures. Also as you have ddg I'd go for Zouma and save 1m on smalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

@MrMac84
    I would agree completely with FHFC wrt Mane and Smalling.
    Mane is my captain this week unless I hear Aguero starts.
    I can understand a -4 this week cos Rojo has to go early next week at the latest* and I'd add Toby, Walker, Rose and Moreno for your consideration. Also some news re. Jones' availability for Utd. (albeit he has had limited minutes this season) could make him an option.

*Of course all these guys have euro games next week and yellow cards have to be weighed up.
    So if you think Rojo could hold his price until midweek I'd just do the Sanchez transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Pick 3 from 4 please -
    Coleman home to CP
    Rojo home to WHU (a doubth?)
    Kolarav away to Stoke
    Alderwieield (?) away to WBA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Jesper wrote: »
    Pick 3 from 4 please -
    Coleman home to CP
    Rojo home to WHU (a doubth?)
    Kolarav away to Stoke
    Alderwieield (?) away to WBA

Rojo is out for about a month

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Rojo is out for about a month

Damn- thought he was back this weekend.
    What's the best option into the United defence now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Christmas shopping list:

Aguero ✔️
    Ozil ✔️
    One from Kane/Sturridge
    One from Coutinho/Barkley

Oh, and Moreno.
    Christmas shopping always wrecks my head.

Advertisement