Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Jesper wrote: »
    Damn- thought he was back this weekend.
    What's the best option into the United defence now?

Possibly McNair short term, will probably fill in as Jones is out as well (nothing new there)
    Moreno might be worth considering, cheap, good fixtures and the way Liverpool are playing could/should pick up a couple of assists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can't argue with that. The problem is how do you get aguero. I wonder would 2 city mids instead be a way around this problem. With their form and fixtures I can't sell kane and lukaku either.

Kane is the one who'll be going for me at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FHFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't sell Mane this week. Even for Barkley.

Also dunno if Rojo to Smalling worth a hit when you have three other defenders with excellent fixtures. Also as you have ddg I'd go for Zouma and save 1m on smalling.
    Just Sanchez too Ozil? I've wanted Barkley last 3 weeks tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Just Sanchez too Ozil? I've wanted Barkley last 3 weeks tho...

the reason i kept pelle and mane was for this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

No Aguero for Stoke game. Confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

declan2693 wrote: »
    No Aguero for Stoke game. Confirmed

It suits me! He's hanging over me like a dark cloud because I don't have him in! At least I can relax a bit now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is it time to cut ties with Aguero?

Injuries are killing him and at his price any missed game hurts alot.

352 with Igahlo as 3rd striker with Kane and Lukaku with a real strong midfield of 3 premium plus Barkley and Mahrez is very tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »

352 with Igahlo as 3rd striker with Kane and Lukaku with a real strong midfield of 3 premium plus Barkley and Mahrez is very tempting.

He's always been injury prone but Pellegrini seems clueless when it comes to managing players fitness - just look at Kun, Silva and Kompany already this season - I'm a bit worried as a KDB owner as he's been played quite a lot recently!!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Thinking the exact same. Might go kun->ighalo and play ighalo this week and then next week upgrade gosling to a quality MF.

Thinking the exact same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Already -4ed Aguero to Kane. Harold usually screws me so expect nothing from him now

manual_man wrote: »
    He's always been injury prone but Pellegrini seems clueless when it comes to managing players fitness - just look at Kun, Silva and Kompany already this season - I'm a bit worried as a KDB owner as he's been played quite a lot recently!!

Hopefully he says sound bit if he gets a knock it would be nervy hanging on with Pellegrini being as he is.

Going to sit tight this week but its looking like a hard decision will have to be made. This week it means Zouma is unless he is left out as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »

It has to be more than Pellegrini at fault at this stage. Surely the physios are partially to blame allowing to be rushed back so quickly? Or maybe it's just that he's an injury prone player - does this injury have anything to do with the one he just came back from?!

Already -4ed Aguero to Kane. Harold usually screws me so expect nothing from him now

I took a -4 already but not so sure -8 is the right way to go as I already have Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

loadwire wrote: »
    Thinking the exact same. Might go kun->ighalo and play ighalo this week and then next week upgrade gosling to a quality MF.

I regret moving payet on for surman and not barkley now
    although I don't have as many selection headaches !

He usually screws me but I don't have him. One of us will be happy with Kanes score by the end of this gameweek :P

loadwire wrote: »

That looks a good move this week. .

Aguero out of my team, too close to the xmas run and already injuryed plagued and poor return this season(bar one game!)

Seeing very few teams with Pelle or Mané. This would be the perfect week for them to rack up a huge score :D

It has to be more than Pellegrini at fault at this stage. Surely the physios are partially to blame allowing to be rushed back so quickly? Or maybe it's just that he's an injury prone player - does this injury have anything to do with the one he just came back from?!

i'd be surprised if the physios are at fault. i think it's more likely Pell is bringing back players too soon against physios' advice. the thing is players will always play when asked by the manager even when carrying a niggle/knock

Kun/Silva/Zab/Clichy/Delph/Kompany off the top of my head all players that have been out for an extended period already this season

• Advertisement

With Liverpool not playing until Sunday, is there likely to be an injury updated on Coutinho before the deadline?

With Liverpool not playing until Sunday, is there likely to be an injury updated on Coutinho before the deadline?

presser in 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Who would have thought my front two strikers for GW15 would be Ighalo and Vardy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm not going to have much access to my team in the morning, so I have to make this decision today: which three out of the following five defenders to play?

Smalling - Bellerin - Kolarov - Moreno - Nyom

There's a decent argument for every one of them this GW. Currently I have Smalling, Bellerin, Moreno in the line up.

I'm not going to have much access to my team in the morning, so I have to make this decision today: which three out of the following five defenders to play?

Smalling - Bellerin - Kolarov - Moreno - Nyom

There's a decent argument for every one of them this GW. Currently I have Smalling, Bellerin, Moreno in the line up.

United and Arsenal the most likely to keep clean sheets, so I'd play Smalling and Bellerin. It's pretty much a toss up between Moreno and Kolarov, each as likely to get cleanies I'd say. In terms of attacking returns, I'd say Moreno is more likely to grab something - Newcastle are pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I need to decide whether to start Wanyama (AVL), Nyom (NOR) or Souare (eve) in place of Aguero now.

Or take a -4 and replace him with Sturridge/Kane.

Christmas shopping list:

Aguero ✔️
    Ozil ✔️
    One from Kane/Sturridge
    One from Coutinho/Barkley

Oh, and Moreno.
    Christmas shopping always wrecks my head.

I knew I didn't like Christmas shopping,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I knew I didn't like Christmas shopping,

Well at least your shopping list wasn't Aguero, Sanchez, Sturridge, Coutinho then you'd be in a spot of bother!

jimmii wrote: »
    Well at least your shopping list wasn't Aguero, Sanchez, Sturridge, Coutinho then you'd be in a spot of bother!

Just returned a faulty Aguero (-4), got a Kane instead.
    Hopefully no more panic buys or last minute shopping

• Advertisement

United and Arsenal the most likely to keep clean sheets, so I'd play Smalling and Bellerin. It's pretty much a toss up between Moreno and Kolarov, each as likely to get cleanies I'd say. In terms of attacking returns, I'd say Moreno is more likely to grab something - Newcastle are pretty poor.

Exactly my thinking so far, thanks for backing up. Smalling and Bellerin decided on because of highest clean sheet chance, and just a matter of deciding who among Kol and Moreno are more likely to get attacking returns - after midweek I'm inclined to say the latter.

Exactly my thinking so far, thanks for backing up. Smalling and Bellerin decided on because of highest clean sheet chance, and just a matter of deciding who among Kol and Moreno are more likely to get attacking returns - after midweek I'm inclined to say the latter.

No problem. Now you can return the favour by giving me your opinion of which of my attackers to bench!

KDB - Ozil - Coutinho - Bolasie - Barkley
    Ighalo - Vardy - Kane

Was all set to bench Bolasie, but with Coutinho seeming unlikely to start, should I bench him for fear of the dreaded 1 point cameo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

No problem. Now you can return the favour by giving me your opinion of which of my attackers to bench!

Ighalo - Vardy - Kane

Was all set to bench Bolasie, but with Coutinho seeming unlikely to start, should I bench him for fear of the dreaded 1 point cameo?
    Liverpool will probably comfortably beat Newcastle. I'd bench Bolasie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Will Diego Costa start this week?

Liverpool will probably comfortably beat Newcastle. I'd bench Bolasie.

Yes I agree. It's only the uncertainty over whether Coutinho will start that's throwing my decision

Ighalo - Vardy - Kane

I think that's tougher than my defender conundrum!

I'd lean towards Bolasie. IMO Coutinho will start or not play at all. He's not lacking for minutes, so I don't see him being eased back - if he's fit to play he will start, and if not I don't think he'll be named in the squad.

That said, in the past two seasons Palace have won both of their matches at Goodison 3-2 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

my big question is Benteke or Sturridge?

I think Klopp is going to play Sturridge, think he likes using Benteke as an impact sub... I could be completely wrong & that's why I'm asking :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dacogawa wrote: »
    my big question is Benteke or Sturridge?

I think Klopp is going to play Sturridge, think he likes using Benteke as an impact sub... I could be completely wrong & that's why I'm asking :o

My guess would be the opposite. Benteke and Studge off the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know how that guy who was in the top 100 in the world without doing any transfers is doing now?

anyone know how that guy who was in the top 100 in the world without doing any transfers is doing now?

Nope but I do know it was a she not a he :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FPL will be so much easier and less stressful when Mourinho and Pellegrini go.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    FPL will be so much easier and less stressful when Mourinho and Pellegrini go.

I don't think Jose will go but Pellegrini needs to. Pep in I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think Jose will go but Pellegrini needs to. Pep in I'd say.

One team 3 points off top, the other 3 points off the relegation zone, and you think City need to get rid more?

That Chelsea team are just plain terrible. There's no turn coming. They're just plain bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Havnt really had chance to check out who has handiest fixtures over busy Christmas/New Year period.
    Personally had Aguero back in last week but got rid again so have around 4m in the bank.Am thinking of going with 'strong front 8' for Christmas and staying away from Kun.At mo can see myself having a front eight of
    Ozil Mahrez Barkley Coutinho KDB
    Kane. Lukaku. Vardy.

How are others approaching the festive period?

SantryRed wrote: »
    One team 3 points off top, the other 3 points off the relegation zone, and you think City need to get rid more?

That Chelsea team are just plain terrible. There's no turn coming. They're just plain bad.

City should be running away with the league with the team they have to be honest.

I can't explain Chelsea's poor form but I still think Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Havnt really had chance to check out who has handiest fixtures over busy Christmas/New Year period.
    Personally had Aguero back in last week but got rid again so have around 4m in the bank.Am thinking of going with 'strong front 8' for Christmas and staying away from Kun.At mo can see myself having a front eight of
    Ozil Mahrez Barkley Coutinho KDB
    Kane. Lukaku. Vardy.

How are others approaching the festive period?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057505294

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    City should be running away with the league with the team they have to be honest.

I can't explain Chelsea's poor form but I still think Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world.

Great manager, terrible human. Doesn't take long before the players start to hate him and once that happens he loses it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

In a bit of a dilema at the moment. I have players dropping like flies price wise, have defenders not performing and players not starting for their teams. Having that extra 4h defender and 5th mid who plays regularly would help a lot. Hard to know where to start. Currently looking at Moreno in for Davies (not starting and could drop in price again!). I've taken a risk with Sturridge but we'll see how that goes. Any advice appreciated (...needed!).

De Gea - McCarthy
    Bertrand - Kolarov - Naughton - Davies - Targett
    Mahrez - Ozil - KDB - Bolasie - Anya
    Sturridge - Vardy - Lukaku

5.4m in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »
    In a bit of a dilema at the moment. I have players dropping like flies price wise, have defenders not performing and players not starting for their teams. Having that extra 4h defender and 5th mid who plays regularly would help a lot. Hard to know where to start. Currently looking at Moreno in for Davies (not starting and could drop in price again!). I've taken a risk with Sturridge but we'll see how that goes. Any advice appreciated (...needed!).

De Gea - McCarthy
    Bertrand - Kolarov - Naughton - Davies - Targett
    Mahrez - Ozil - KDB - Bolasie - Anya
    Sturridge - Vardy - Lukaku

5.4m in the bank.
    Bring in Alderweireld for Davies, in the last 3 games, he scored, got an assist and kept a clean sheet. Got decent fixtures coming up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Are there no double game weeks this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What a pain clyne has been!

• Advertisement
Advertisement