Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Mahrez on the bench, 9 points ahead with my opponent having Lukaku captain and Barkley to play, not too confident at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mate of mine has had 171 benched points this season already. And he doesn't have Mahrez on the bench this week.

Anything to distract me from the game at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Just had a look at a fella in the top 5 in one of my leagues. Stopped playing after week two or three, has had Ozil captain ever since and been getting great scores all season without touching his team. Looks like he's logged back in this week and made a transfer. I think I might take the same approach next season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    City should be running away with the league with the team they have to be honest.
    100% agree. I said it in a bit more details in another topic.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I can't explain Chelsea's poor form but I still think Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world.
    was.

His head exploded at Real Madrid. Too much arrogance and pretention. Too much power Perez gave to him (he even sacked the legendary Valdano to make it easier for José :rolleyes:). Too much playing Al Capone on the bench (was hilarious watching him on the bench, you felt the guy was more working his DeNiro imitations than anything else).

I'll be controversial and a bit off-topic but to me, Mourinho should have been sacked from football after the Anders Frisk "incident". We cannot be surprised by e.g. Costa constant disgraceful behaviour with a manager with such mentality. The best examples are actually the Real Madrid players. Do you remember how Mourinho turned e.g. Pepé, Marcelo & Ramos into blood-thirsty beasts? The difference in these players attitude under Ancelotti was just mindblowing :eek:. Class vs bitchiness. I certainly chose my side :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

My bench boost failed miserably this week by the way. Unless McCarthy miraculously comes back into the fold tonight for Palace, it yielded an impressive 4 points. Largely frustrating as Kolarov could have scored, was close twice actually from what I've seen. Losing patience with Ayew at Swansea. Expensive enough too, just don't want to pull the trigger only for a new manager to arrive in and he starts scoring goals again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

wardides wrote: »
    My bench boost failed miserably this week by the way. Unless McCarthy miraculously comes back into the fold tonight for Palace, it yielded an impressive 4 points. Largely frustrating as Kolarov could have scored, was close twice actually from what I've seen. Losing patience with Ayew at Swansea. Expensive enough too, just don't want to pull the trigger only for a new manager to arrive in and he starts scoring goals again.

Why did you play the bench boost when you weren't confident of playing a full 15? Seems an odd choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

wardides wrote: »

Who was your 4th sub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

5 all-prem matches in the FA Cup 3rd round, not good for the DGW fans.

Norwich v Manchester City
    Southampton v Crystal Palace
    Tottenham v Leicester
    Arsenal v Sunderland
    Watford v Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

5 all-prem matches in the FA Cup 3rd round, not good for the DGW fans.

Norwich v Manchester City
    Southampton v Crystal Palace
    Tottenham v Leicester
    Arsenal v Sunderland
    Watford v Newcastle

Why is this not good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Why is this not good?

The more PL teams in the FA later stages, the more teams there will be in DGWs. That draw immediately mean 5 teams will be knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I would say that's around average, at least none of the big teams are facing each other

I would say that's around average, at least none of the big teams are facing each other
    Erratum !!! Spurs vs future PL champion :p.

iroced wrote: »
    Erratum !!! Spurs vs future PL champion :p.

I was counting Leicester as the big side ;)

CSF wrote: »
    Why did you play the bench boost when you weren't confident of playing a full 15? Seems an odd choice.

Because I felt fairly confident in City keeping a clean sheet & thought Ayew might produce more than he did. Felt it was the best opportunity to maximise my bench with the 14 players available as opposed to waiting until I had one extra player but could have felt less confidence in scoring points.

For example somebody said on here that we should take an average score of 4 points to player. Full bench would have given me 16 points. I felt Kolarov, Sagna & Ayew could have scored that between the 3 of them so felt it was good time to use it.

Also in a fairly pricey league with 10 mates where Christmas number 1 gets their buy in back. The extra 4 points I gained has put me now 5 points in the lead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aha. Clearly they must now deduct the three goals from him and give him a retrospective red card, reflecting this in his fpl scoring. Anything less would be a travesty.

#justiceformahrezbenchers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Varela starting for Man Utd tonight, that's something I'll be watching closely. A 4.2m Utd defender is the stuff dreams are made of!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Varela starting for Man Utd tonight, that's something I'll be watching closely. A 4.2m Utd defender is the stuff dreams are made of!!

Not when he's the only fit defender they have :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

Those cheap defenders though (Gomez, Taggert) are great for a while but can be hard to get rid of when they eventually get dropped.

From watching Utd last night, I'd be wary of that defence with Schweinsteiger out and Smalling potentially injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

steve_r wrote: »
    From watching Utd last night, I'd be wary of that defence with Schweinsteiger out and Smalling potentially injured.

Not to mention Schneiderlin and now Darmian too by the looks of it. Goodness knows what the back four will look like versus Bournemouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not to mention Schneiderlin and now Darmian too by the looks of it. Goodness knows what the back four will look like versus Bournemouth.

Exactly. Especially with DDG, I'd still be confident that they'll pick up a clean sheet there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Garry Monk sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Exactly. Especially with DDG, I'd still be confident that they'll pick up a clean sheet there.

I wouldn't
    bournemouth have plenty of goals in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Garry Monk sacked.

Monk gives Swansea their best ever Premier League finish one season and then gets sacked for having the club in the exact same situation they were in when he signed for them. What a joke. Williams isn't performing, their strikers are off form, Sigurdsson has been unlucky recently but hasn't really started the campaign. Solution: sack the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hmm Ayew was in perilous danger of being transferred but I might keep him for the new manager bounce for better or worse.

Let's see how the week develops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Garry Monk sacked.

Brendan Rogers Boomerang????

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151209/wenger-on-the-win-giroud-and-belief?
    on whether Giroud has taken a penalty before…
    He was on the list to be No 1. Number two was Walcott and No 3 was Ramsey, so we respected the order. It is maybe easier to take a penalty when you have already scored, but he took it well. He practised in training and it showed.

Very interesting that Theo is on pens without Giroud. Ozil nowhere to be seen as expected after his misses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's Arsenal's record on pens this season. Have Ozil and Carzola both missed? Anyone scored one so far (league)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's Arsenal's record on pens this season. Have Ozil and Carzola both missed? Anyone scored one so far (league)?

They've had 1 penalty and Cazorla missed.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »

Ozil missed two in the Champions league in 2013/14 and doesn't want them anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone else hoping for a good show from Hazard Monday night?

He has Twp home games after that, Watford and Sunderland, would love to get him in for those.

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone else hoping for a good show from Hazard Monday night

Em, just a bit yeah! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone else hoping for a good show from Hazard Monday night?

He has Twp home games after that, Watford and Sunderland, would love to get him in for those.

oh nice .........may have my mata replacement if he goes well monday night
    been a long time hazardless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Been impressed by Hazard last twice i watched him play, very unlucky not to score in both.

I'm actually nearly convinced already and with Aguero on the back burner for now I'm pretty flush for a white guy........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This been flush business isn't all its cracked up to be. I have 16m to play with if I ditch Aguero.

But it's like been flush in the run up to xmas, you know you shouldn't spend it. You know you'll need it in January but then you convince yourself to spend it on something useless. I'm two taps away from buying BUIB ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This Fantasy Football fix app is very handy for updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

When talking to a lad in the office who's colour blind and has big probs with shades of purple, I made the comment "you must hate Fiorentina so!"

The guy beside me in work who's 30 points ahead of me in FPL, asked both of us "Whats a Fiorentina?" :eek:

Sums up this season for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

A lot of sources reporting mourinho has been sacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭COH

Confirmed.

Jose gone. Guardian reporting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A bit surprised at that. I mean there's not much you can do with that Chelsea team at the moment. They're very unlikely to make top 4 and very unlikely to be relegated. Abramovich is not known for his patience though so it was always a possibility he'd be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Gonna be interesting to see if Chelsea players form will pick up in the next few weeks.
    Hazard and a few others might come into play as options yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

A bit surprised at that. I mean there's not much you can do with that Chelsea team at the moment. They're very unlikely to make top 4 and very unlikely to be relegated. Abramovich is not known for his patience though so it was always a possibility he'd be sacked.

I guess his thinking is this season is a write off and it allows the incoming Manager a few months to get the players playing the way they want so they can hit the ground fast next season instead of trying to figure that all out then.

I feel better about my Hazard Azpi combo now

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

How are you feeling now, a bit better? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I feel better about my Hazard Azpi combo now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pep in ?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35113830
    Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola says he will give "clarity" on his future at the Bundesliga champions next week.

Rikand wrote: »
    Can't see him coming in Chelsea. There also were talks about him continuing for a longer time in Munich a couple of weeks ago.

But if he does come, then Azpi-Hazard-Pedro all in and 1 of the latter 2 captain most weeks :D !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement