Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

A club hovering around the relegation zone needs a new manager you say....

https://vine.co/v/MeaB03x7JWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

FHFC wrote: »
    A club hovering around the relegation zone needs a new manager you say....

https://vine.co/v/MeaB03x7JWA

It's like the joker at the end of batman

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Chelsea needs to rehire Eva Carneiro. The teams bad form started from Mourinho's embarrassing treatment of the Club Doctor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Something I've often wondered.

Does anyone else get any funny looks or comments on your obsession with this game. I basically have all my main leagues with friends and work colleagues tied up now, but I never let slip how much time I invest in the game.

Until today, I was glued to the phone all day checking on whether Darmian would drop tonight so I could take him out for Zouma. I blurted out "Wait, I just need to check on Darmian's progress", my mate looked at me like I had two heads.

I mean, I've sat down and watched Bournemouth play pre-season friendlies just to get a look at Tyrone Mings.

Do we need help?

Torricelli wrote: »

Does anyone else get any funny looks or comments on your obsession with this game. I basically have all my main leagues with friends and work colleagues tied up now, but I never let slip how much time I invest in the game.

Until today, I was glued to the phone all day checking on whether Darmian would drop tonight so I could take him out for Zouma. I blurted out "Wait, I just need to check on Darmian's progress", my mate looked at me like I had two heads.

I mean, I've sat down and watched Bournemouth play pre-season friendlies just to get a look at Tyrone Mings.

Do we need help?

Yes you need help. You still have Darmian!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Do we need help?

I'd much prefer to hear your analysis instead of your everyday concerns.

Richie King or Arter over Xmas or Stanislas?

ElTel wrote: »
    I'd much prefer to hear your analysis instead of your everyday concerns.

Richie King or Arter over Xmas or Stanislas?

Tempted to try and fit King in myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Going pretty well in the game top 100000 but I literally log on for 10 minutes before game week closes and make a transfer, change captain. Don't get too involved in anything else.

Anyone here top 10000?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Going pretty well in the game top 100000 but I literally log on for 10 minutes before game week closes and make a transfer, change captain. Don't get too involved in anything else.

Anyone here top 10000?

I think you're lost! :D

I think you're lost! :D

?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

?

Sorry man. Only messin. But I it's fair to say that nobody else who regularly frequents this forum plays FPL by logging on for 10 minutes a week. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Anyone else considering a strong bench this week. My teams fixtures are very good so I'm considering my 3 benched players between the following debruyne, kolarov, bellerin, ozil, giroud

Anyone else considering a strong bench this week. My teams fixtures are very good so I'm considering my 3 benched players between the following debruyne, kolarov, bellerin, ozil, giroud

I'm probably gonna have a bench of Bellerin, Alderweireld and Sterling!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Anyone here top 10000?

My girlfriend logs on only early Saturday morning and got in top 20,000 last year and in top 200,000 this year and rising. Doesn't bother about price rises and takes hits very rarely. It can be done but she always finishes behind me so its definitely a disadvantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sorry man. Only messin. But I it's fair to say that nobody else who regularly frequents this forum plays FPL by logging on for 10 minutes a week. ;)

Not true, im in the sub 10 minute grouo now too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

zarquon wrote: »
    Not true, im in the sub 10 minute grouo now too :)

Trying to keep it to 1 min per day myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Who to bench this week - Souare (stoke) or Kolorov (arsenal)?

Currently Kolorov is first sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

John83 wrote: »
    Who to bench this week - Souare (stoke) or Kolorov (arsenal)?

Currently Kolorov is first sub!

I'm playing Delaney over Kolarov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Tempted to try and fit King in myself.

You reckon King is worth the extra outlay for bench fodder? I'm leaning towads Stan myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Anyone here top 10000?

So are you top 10k or top 100k?

I'm in both btw! But I put in hours and hours per week!

As an aside I've seen a couple of posters mention their girlfriend having a team, that sounds a bit sus to me! Surely you guys are running both teams unless we have a Jenny McArthur situation and the lady is running both teams!

As an aside I've seen a couple of posters mention their girlfriend having a team, that sounds a bit sus to me! Surely you guys are running both teams unless we have a Jenny McArthur situation and the lady is running both teams!

My missus has a team. She mostly knows the key players to pick and has her own favourites (she's had Vardy since GW1 and loves Mertesacker). I help her with the defence and overall team structure (I gave her Butland and Nyom on WC but don't have them myself :(), she picks the captain.

Fair play, I'm only barely sneaking into the top 100,000. Got off to a pretty bad start but I've recovered well. I went a few rounds without logging in. I used to put in a big effort but I'm just not bothered anymore, there's no reward for doing well.

I suppose when my team were struggling I spent a lot more time on it but now that my team bang in form its only a matter of making 1 transfer or none a week. I've had the same captain for 2 months. I probably invest more time when I'm playing those boost things
    Chances are I'll lose interest after Xmas.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Fair play, I'm only barely sneaking into the top 100,000. Got off to a pretty bad start but I've recovered well. I went a few rounds without logging in. I used to put in a big effort but I'm just not bothered anymore, there's no reward for doing well.

I suppose when my team were struggling I spent a lot more time on it but now that my team bang in form its only a matter of making 1 transfer or none a week. I've had the same captain for 2 months. I probably invest more time when I'm playing those boost things

That's the difference, there is some possible monetary reward for me come the end of the season, I've put up about 70/80 euro in fees to enter leagues, so if I managed to stay top of all the leagues I'm in it will be a nice little earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Most of us on here would be in paid leagues and regularly win money. I was up a grand last year for all the time I put in it worked out about 2 cent an hour. Great work if you can get it ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My wife and kids (7-12 years old) have a team currently 40 points and 500k places ahead of me. Some weeks they don't do anything; some they make a transfer and I give them a hint. Unfortunately all my hints have worked out perfect for them (Ighalo, Mahrez)! They're unencumbered by expectations based on previous years. :(

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You reckon King is worth the extra outlay for bench fodder? I'm leaning towads Stan myself

Still remains to be seen what effect the return of Pugh has on Stans gametime. I'm thinking King over Xmas ir maybe as part of a 4th 5th mid rotation. Something I've never done, but a midfielder playing (very well) up front in a team thats scoring goals is hard to pass. He's been unlucky not to score more and was excellent vs United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Remember to finish in the top 2,097,152 scorers this gameweek and you will be entered into the cup. Anyone ever have a good cup run, how far did you get?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

garra wrote: »
    Remember to finish in the top 2,097,152 scorers this gameweek and you will be entered into the cup. Anyone ever have a good cup run, how far did you get?
    Is it not GW 18? I thought the cup was from GW 19 to 38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is it not GW 18? I thought the cup was from GW 19 to 38.

This is the week!
    Qualifying

The top 2,097,152 scorers in Gameweek 17 will enter the first round. If there are more than 2,097,152 qualifiers then there will be a random draw amongst the lowest scorers to see who qualifies.

Would you play Vardy and bellerin or kolorav and Ramsey.

• Advertisement

Would you play Vardy and bellerin or kolorav and Ramsey.

I'd go Bellerin and Ramsey if for some reason its only between those two options then Vardy & Bellerin but its marginal.

jimmii wrote: »
    I'd go Bellerin and Ramsey if for some reason its only between those two options then Vardy & Bellerin but its marginal.

I also have Ozil so don't really want to go with 3 arsenal.

I also have Ozil so don't really want to go with 3 arsenal.

Best to just go with the three you think have the highest points expectation and disregard who they play for. Granted it does effect your ceiling but it doesn't effect your average just adds a bit to the variance.

jimmii wrote: »
    Best to just go with the three you think have the highest points expectation and disregard who they play for. Granted it does effect your ceiling but it doesn't effect your average just adds a bit to the variance.

Bellerin dawson moreno kolorav
    Mane ramsey kdb Ozil mahrez
    Vardy lukaku kane
    Maybe I'm over thinking it. Which 2 would you bench you can't pick mane as my gut is telling me to start him.

Vardy lukaku kane
    Maybe I'm over thinking it. Which 2 would you bench you can't pick mane as my gut is telling me to start him.

I wouldn't be benching him either. Would bench Kol for sure then its close probably Moreno tempting to bench KDB but I know that can be hard to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

garra wrote: »

Challenge accepted:D

I always get knocked out by a Zombie team after a week or two.

The way this season goes I doubt I will qualify...

Vardy lukaku kane

I'd bench KDB over Ramsey, Kolarov for sure bench over Bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Souare - Kolarov - Bellerin - wollscheid - Evans

Who to drop? Strongly considering benching both kolarov and bellerin and playing all three cheapies. Feels weird benching 2 premium defenders. What's anyone else doing in a similar situation?

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

Who to drop? Strongly considering benching both kolarov and bellerin and playing all three cheapies. Feels weird benching 2 premium defenders. What's anyone else doing in a similar situation?

I'm starting Delaney, Evans, Moreno and benching Bellerin and Kolarov

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

I'm starting Souaré, Evans and Moreno and benching Alderweireld and Bellerin. I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'll have wolly nyom moreno playing and bellerin kolarov benched.......Watford pool much more likely to be nil all BUT I will not enjoy watching MNF with those 2 racing up the pitch and on my bench so I'm seriously considering bench boosting as my goalie Elliot has a good fixture as well AND I could upgrade surman and keep mata then for just one more week!
    never mind I'm .1 short :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My girlfriend logs on only early Saturday morning and got in top 20,000 last year and in top 200,000 this year and rising. Doesn't bother about price rises and takes hits very rarely. It can be done but she always finishes behind me so its definitely a disadvantage.

Ha!

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Sticking with the cheapies so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Vardy lukaku kane

Your gut is right. I sold him this week so it's inevitable he's going to explode over the next three GW's. KDB or Kane for me. Well, I got rid of Mane this week so I would obviously myself pick Mane as the bench fodder. Then Kolarov for the defence. My defence is a lot like yours with Bellerin, Souare and Moreno, with West Brom cover in Myhill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Smalling, Alderweirdeld, Dawson, Moreno and Zouma. Who to play? I don't fancy Spurs to keep a cleansheet nor Liverpool but both players have the potential of goals or assists. Could see WBA shutting out Bournemouth so tempted to stick with Dawson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Currently have KDB benched and going 4-3-3

Gomes
    Wollscheid - Dawson - Moreno - Bellerin
    Hazard - Mahrez - Ozil
    Lukaku - Ighalo - Kane

Torn on whether to start KDB instead of Bellerin or Moreno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Should I bench Bertrand (TOT) or Evans (BOU)?

Pretty settled on starting Bellerin (MCI) and Moreno (wat)... I think!

Should I bench Bertrand (TOT) or Evans (BOU)?

Pretty settled on starting Bellerin (MCI) and Moreno (wat)... I think!

Of those 4 defenders Evans would be the first defender I'd play considering fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Carrollman

Currently going with

Butland
    Nyom-Bellerin-Alderweireld
    Ozil-Mahrez-Barkley-Wijnaldum
    Vardy-lukaku-ighalo

Have Gomes,Dann, KDB and Sagna on the bench and thinking of swapping Dann for Bellerin

Really tough week to pick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

49 points in 3 games for Mahrez now.
    That's just ridiculous.

Advertisement