Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.O.A.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Top bloke Joe and great to see him as committed as ever. One of the best bands of the lot. Saw them last year at Rebellion. Thought that was billed as their last ever UK show? Bit gutted not to be able to get to the Dublin gig. ****in austerity!

rock whore wrote: »
    Their first Dublin show.

Really? It wasn't supposed to be. I remember seeing them in I think it was The Village in Cork about 20-something years ago. I remember it was a Thursday night because the following day was Good Friday, and what ever hack organised the whole thing had them down to play Dublin that night.

Often wondered why they still can't just play the gig as long as the bar was closed. Is not being able to get tanked at a gig going to keep so many people away on a night when there's fcuk all else to do anyway?

That was also around the time they started playing as a three-piece, and two of the three I saw that night are now dead - Brian from a heart attack and actually not very long after that gig Ken died in a house fire.

Great gig though, remember it well. Even still have the hand written set list stuck inside the sleeve of my "Bloodied But Unbowed" album :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

yep, according to Joe “The one time we tried to play Dublin was in 1994 and the guy booked it on Easter weekend. It scheduled on the Good Friday so we got there and the gig was cancelled. We drove by the Guinness brewery to at least get a pint of Guinness while were there but of course the pubs were closed. So we drove up to Belfast and had an extra night there. The only places we played in '94 were Cork and Belfast.”

Advertisement