Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redshift

Options
  • 17-06-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Redshift Areo system?

http://www.redshiftsports.com/

The sales pitch has me really interested. Been doing triathlon for the last 5 years and haven't used a tri bike or areo bars. I like the idea of the quick release bars and the seatpost looks interesting with the 2 positions. Have done 3 half distance on a STD road bike but will hopefully be doing Challange Galway next year and looking for efficiency gains on the bike without having to buy a Tri bike.

Redshift Sports Aero System In-Depth Review

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/07/redshift-aero-system-review.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Also interested! I have been similarly using my road bike for 3 years. Any updates on this? Also just curious if adding tri bars with a proper set up will actually make much difference on a sprint/Olympic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

JohnBee wrote: »
    Also interested! I have been similarly using my road bike for 3 years. Any updates on this? Also just curious if adding tri bars with a proper set up will actually make much difference on a sprint/Olympic?

Do you not have clip on tri bars?

tunney wrote: »
    Do you not have clip on tri bars?

Haven't bothered yet as I only have done sprint distance races so far and as far as I am aware the advantage is not so great. I do get a fairly aggressive position on the road bike but I am thinking of getting some clip ons.

Haven't bothered yet as I only have done sprint distance races so far and as far as I am aware the advantage is not so great. I do get a fairly aggressive position on the road bike but I am thinking of getting some clip ons.

I'm afraid you have been mislead.

The difference at any difference is huge.

Assuming a value of Crr (rolling resistance) and keeping that constant and riding at 200 watts

Position|Speed
    on the hoods|30.2kph
    on the drops|33.8kph
    on clip ons|35.8kph

http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

I'm afraid you have been mislead.

The difference at any difference is huge.

Assuming a value of Crr (rolling resistance) and keeping that constant and riding at 200 watts

Position|Speed
    on the hoods|30.2kph
    on the drops|33.8kph
    on clip ons|35.8kph

http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

I am usually ont he drops when racing with av speed approx 33, maybe I should have a serious look at the redshift system!

• Advertisement

I am usually ont he drops when racing with av speed approx 33, maybe I should have a serious look at the redshift system!

Being honest get some clip ons, push forward on the saddle and maybe slide forward on the rails. Redshift nice and all but a 40-50 euro set of bars and some tinkering will do the same

Being honest get some clip ons, push forward on the saddle and maybe slide forward on the rails. Redshift nice and all but a 40-50 euro set of bars and some tinkering will do the same

Do you mean move saddle forward or just shift my bum forward?

Also any good resources for setting myself up? Or should I just clip on and go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Very interesting link that, thanks for sharing.

Do you mean move saddle forward or just shift my bum forward?

Also any good resources for setting myself up? Or should I just clip on and go!

Ideally someone experienced would help you.

Slowtwitch is good for position stuff for for the moment just get some short bars, short being key, and clip and go for now.

Ideally someone experienced would help you.

Slowtwitch is good for position stuff for for the moment just get some short bars, short being key, and clip and go for now.

Why short (excuse my ignorance)? Also, what I like about redshift is the easy switch given that most of my training is road bike.

Is slowtwitch the best resource for a rough triathlon setup on road bike to be done myself or is this just a bad idea?

• Advertisement
Advertisement