Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 Firmware

Options
  • 17-06-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I have a HKC Quantum 70 self installed.
    I am going to install a GSM-SC card as a replacement for the Eircom text service, so I can use the APP as well as text, but my Quantum 70 is on firmware V1.0.19 and it needs V3.1, so how do I go about this, can I bring it to HKC, or can it be done over the phone - I have the installation manual and all the codes, or do I have to get someone out & how much would that cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

The best thing to do is call out an installer. It won't take more then a few minutes to upgrade.
    Shouldnt cost much more then a call out charge. Is your panel connected to a phone line or can you plug it into a phone line?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 abithandy

Yes it is currently connected to an Eircom line, which is used for text alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

Just curious but what is the latest firmware version available ? Ive got V3.1.2 on my panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

The latest for quantum is 3.2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

Can the firmware be updated by just plugging in a phone line, or maybe via the GSM network? (Ive got GSM-Q set up for text alerts)

Whats the easiest way for us users with all the codes and full access to the panel to update the firmware ourselves?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

_John C wrote: »
    Can the firmware be updated by just plugging in a phone line, or maybe via the GSM network? (Ive got GSM-Q set up for text alerts)

Whats the easiest way for us users with all the codes and full access to the panel to update the firmware ourselves?

Thanks.

End Users will have to contact an installer with regards to upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

abithandy wrote: »
    Yes it is currently connected to an Eircom line, which is used for text alerts.

You can if you have the engineer code delete the text numbers and set up the system to ring your mobile instead.

Advertisement