Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox For my child

Options
  • 17-06-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi Id just like some advice I know its early but my son this year has said he wants to ask santa for an xbox and nothing else hes only 6 and loves his 3ds but I haven't seen that many games that he could play on the xbox for his age anyone else have young children with one that could give me some advice please :)?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

6 and asking for an xbox? I'm not sure there's a whole lot out there, I could be wrong. What about a wiiU?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

my young lad got an xbox when he was 6, nearly 8 now. he got a bit hooked at the start and wanted to spend all his time on it which lead to a few arguments about not wanting to go out and play but that was our fault because we let it go too far but once that was sorted and he had his time to go on it all was fine. there are plenty of games for kids, he has all the Lego games, WWE Wrestling, Ninja Turtles, Racing games ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whattodo1

Thanks guys ill have a look into it a bit more id like to get it now get it done thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Are you looking at the xbox 360 or the xbox one .

The 360 has tons of games more suitable for younger kids and families .
    My 6 year old started using mine when she got skylanders as a present.
    She gets a few hours over seven days to play mostly skylanders and numerous kinect titles which are perfect for her

yeah meant to say my lad has a 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

My 6 year old daughter loves my 360. All the lego games, Minecraft, Rayman origins, and skylanders are all big hits

the 360 then the one to get?

whattodo1 wrote: »

Yeah especially for the age group I personally would over the one.

whattodo1 wrote: »

definatly! loads of kids games, you will get loads ex rental and pre owned for cheap too. the 360 will be about half the price of the xbox 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I heard that they were going to stop making new games for the xbox 360 soon. That could be an issue if your son wants new releases next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Get him a cheap 360, thousands of games for kids on it. Xbox one has nothing for his age group just yet.

I'd recommend a WiiU for a 6 year old though, crazy amount of bright fun, easy to very difficult games for him there, Mario x2, DK, Splatoon, Zelda, Rayman, ZombiU, Kirby, Captain Toad and a heap load more.

My 6 year nephew is always playing my WiiU, but is aware of Xbox One as well, but when he's older I'd say he'll get an Xbox, just a good bit too young for what Xbox offers.
    traprunner wrote: »
    I heard that they were going to stop making new games for the xbox 360 soon. That could be an issue if your son wants new releases next year.

I wouldn't worry too much about that with a 6 year old. Thousands of games available on the cheap to last him a good few years tbh

traprunner wrote: »

Considering most xbox one games are geared towards adults .
    I'd hold out till there was a lot more availability of games for younger gamers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Xbox 360 is the way to go for a 6 year old. Even try getting a second hand one at this stage. Get Minecraft as well, a great game for expanding imaginations.

I hope I don't come across as an a***ole saying this, as I don't want to give out parenting advice to anyone, but please don't use it as a babysitter, tempting as that may be. If your kids are playing games on it, take a half hour every once in a while to "help"/monitor what they're doing, and you'll have a great understanding of what they are talking about, and you'll share some great experience and fun with them.

Again, don't want to tread on any parents toes, but when I was growing up, my parents were afraid of anything related to computers, and missed out on a large part of my childhood because of it, mainly because they had no clue what it was about.

Oh I know my kids get half hour on there ds then its out to play or colour im pretty strict when it comes to gadgets tbh so 360 the way to go thanks a mill everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

I'd go for xbox one. He might be disappointed with a 360, its older and on its way out. Xbox one will be backward compatible by Christmas, you'll be able to buy all the same games and be future proof.

At the moment the are a good handful of child friendly xbox one games. Lego games, Minecraft, angry birds, Rayman legends and any kinect game (fruit ninja is a great family fun game) to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hopefully by the time Christmas comes you will be able to play most Xbox 360 games on Xbox ONE so Xbox ONE would be the best one to get I'd say. It will be "future proof" for a few years to come.

Also, today I seen the XB1 for the cheapest yet. The XB1 with Halo Master Chief Collection for €290.

For more details see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95930663&postcount=1798

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

wrt40 wrote: »
    I'd go for xbox one. He might be disappointed with a 360, its older and on its way out. Xbox one will be backward compatible by Christmas, you'll be able to buy all the same games and be future proof.

At the moment the are a good handful of child friendly xbox one games. Lego games, Minecraft, angry birds, Rayman legends and any kinect game (fruit ninja is a great family fun game) to name a few.

The Xbone is an expensive piece of kit. Posters advising on the 360 are right. The 360 also has a whole bunch of Kinect games you can play with your kid too, and they're fun! X360 is much much cheaper, you'd pick one up on adverts for much much cheaper than an Xbone. I just sold my old 360 kinect for 20 quid with a few games. The indiana jones lego games are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I thought you wanted to swop your child for an Xbox :eek: :D

I have an xbox 360, PS3, and PS4. My kids all hang out of the Wii! They are loads of educational games you can get too! You would pick up a 2nd hand one for €40 and it can be modded!

oh haha they have a wii thanks he just has it in his head now for xbox :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

The Xbone is an expensive piece of kit. Posters advising on the 360 are right. The 360 also has a whole bunch of Kinect games you can play with your kid too, and they're fun! X360 is much much cheaper, you'd pick one up on adverts for much much cheaper than an Xbone. I just sold my old 360 kinect for 20 quid with a few games. The indiana jones lego games are great!
    Its cheap because its out dated. Yes if money is an issue then sure. I'm just saying, and I know the op knows his own kids best, if he's asking for an xbox you can be sure he means the xbox one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

He/She?

she lol

Advertisement