Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Vaccination.

• 17-06-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Hi was wondering if anyone has come across this or have more information. Usually when we get our dogs vaccinated they get Nobivac Lepto 2 and Nobivac Dhppi but this time they only gave Nobivac L4 is this something new or do I need to go back to the vets?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Dhppi is a 'core' vaccine and only boosted every 3 years but lepto is done every year. You may need to go back for a booster in a few weeks for the Lepto 4 though so maybe double check with your vet. I've approached my vet about stocking titre kits to avoid over vaccinating my two and they were very interested since more and more people are asking for it. It's basically a blood test that tells you if the dog still as immunity for the diseases in the core vaccine.. (I'll still be getting the lepto one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

tk123 wrote: »
    Dhppi is a 'core' vaccine and only boosted every 3 years but lepto is done every year. You may need to go back for a booster in a few weeks for the Lepto 4 though so maybe double check with your vet. I've approached my vet about stocking titre kits to avoid over vaccinating my two and they were very interested since more and more people are asking for it. It's basically a blood test that tells you if the dog still as immunity for the diseases in the core vaccine.. (I'll still be getting the lepto one)

Thanks for that looking back on their cards they have always been given both. I didn't realise the dhppi was only due every three years. I'll be in the vets tomorrow and see what they say about it. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

F34 wrote: »
    Thanks for that looking back on their cards they have always been given both. I didn't realise the dhppi was only due every three years. I'll be in the vets tomorrow and see what they say about it. Thanks again

Are they young dogs? As puppies they would have gotten it all along then from year 2 it changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

One is three and the other one is two both Labrador Retrievers

Advertisement