Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-prepared Curry Sauces

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rubadub wrote: »
    Exactly, they are completely different.
    which type of goldfish sauce did you have? Can you recommend an "expensive & non-nasty" chinese curry sauce? Do you even like chinese curry?
    I think HillBilly was more pointing out the irony in slagging off McDonalds in favour of a real curry like goldfish. In that neither is a real curry.

Everyone knows that curry isn't really chinese. I'm not sure where it came from, but I've a feeling that when take away started to become popular in Ireland/UK they simply amalgamated a load of Asians dishes under the banner of "Chinese take away". I've a feeling that the curry we get in chinese take aways was based on Japanese curry sauce. If want to copy a chinese, you are looking in Asian supermarkets, you might have better luck with Japanese curry mixes.

It could also be that they are adding more than just water to goldfish currypowder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Omg you guys are not living, is Sing Li curry sauce(paste)not available in your area???? http://www.singli.ie/
    It beats all of the above mentioned hands down, and you dont need a wheel barrow full to get the right consistency, some of those powders are ridiculous 2 heaped spoons me ar*#, anyway check it out SERIOUSLY, mmmm actually you know what!? I'M CONVINCED YOU WILL LOVE IT :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭wandererz

Take a trip to South Africa. Preferably to Durban.

Try the Durban curry's.

You will forget about any sauce and pastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Omg you guys are not living, is Sing Li curry sauce(paste)not available in your area???? http://www.singli.ie/
    It beats all of the above mentioned hands down, and you dont need a wheel barrow full to get the right consistency, some of those powders are ridiculous 2 heaped spoons me ar*#, anyway check it out SERIOUSLY, mmmm actually you know what!? I'M CONVINCED YOU WILL LOVE IT :-))
    What's in it?
    wandererz wrote: »
    Take a trip to South Africa. Preferably to Durban.

Try the Durban curry's.

You will forget about any sauce and pastes.

Durban is a new one for me. Had a google there, seen a recipe. It looks very similar to an indian style curry.
    I used to chinese curry when I as at home. But after moving to australia, it's all about thai curry for me. I'm lucky to live in an area with a decent thai populatio, and lots of excellent thai food.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Has anyone tried the new McDonnells green curry or red curry?

I'm talking about for a quick mid week dinner!

• Advertisement
Advertisement