Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over modding (DBB)

Options
  • 17-06-2015 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

At last count 29 posts of which 6 are mod warnings. I get the impression that DBB is over sensitive about cats!

Including "Do not reply to this post on-thread." in warning is baiting and to my mind is unprofessional.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057446555
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

One yellow card where their should have been 5 or 6 for back seat modding and replying to mod warnings. I'd like to report DBB for under modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I think the moderator showed restraint. Far too many off topic posts and arguing with moderator actions. Fairly standard stuff here.

Charter:
    Dragging threads off-topic, cross-posting, arguing with mods on-thread, disruptive behaviour in general, back-seat modding etc. will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with a Moderator's actions, PM them or seek guidance from a CMod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Fair enough. Maybe I'm too sensitive ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll have to agree with Ruu; if anything I find DBB gives people way more chances then I would (not only in that thread) so I'll second ken and report DBB for being to generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I think your lucky you didnt get a card with your opening post discussing moderation on a thread like that, disrespectful if you don't know the forum well enough.

A&P is a very passionate forum as allot who post there love all animals and dislike any discussion of cruelty to animals, as such threads can get heated very fast.

I think the modding in the forum is spot on, as the place used to be a hot bed for a very militant click who made the place very unwelcoming to post in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is not site feedback, but rather an issue in a specific forum. Your first port of call should have been to PM the mod about your concerns. Failing that you should have contacted a CMod.

As one of the CMods responsible for that forum I will be happy to discuss this with you if you care to PM me the details.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I concede I may have been a bit rash. Apologies to mods if I came across over aggressively. I'll thread more lighty in future :)

Advertisement