Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommendation required for instructor for Finglas test on Wednesday 24th

• 17-06-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

The young lad is mad for road, couldn't wait for Limerick test and has taken a test appointment (full A?) for Finglas next Wednesday 24th.

Any recommendation for an instructor in that area? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hedges

Have to agree with Paulw, Peter at a Aaron rider training is very good, knows his stuff and more than capable of getting him through the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Liam in ISM is very good. I did IBT and pre test with him. Right beside the test centre too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Is David Lyons still teaching? I'd recommend him 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Thanks all, he is booked in with aaronridertraining.com, 3 hours Tuesday night and an hour pre test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Is David Lyons still teaching? I'd recommend him 100%

+1 passed my test with him in Finglas just a few weeks ago, highly recommemded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Paulw wrote: »

This, and no one else.

One of the most experienced instructors I know.. He was qualified as an army motorcycle instructor before entering civilian life.

Peter has a huge amount of successful instructing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hedges

Just curious. ...how did the test go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

hedges wrote: »
    Just curious. ...how did the test go?

Failed:( He went through an amber light too late, he knew the rule, stop if it is safe to but he thought he would have to brake too sharply....made the wrong judgement and kinda knew it as soon as he went through and that was first couple of minutes into test (for background he is 28 and had full car licence for 8 years)

I think for anyone taking a test better to stop on amber even if you have to pull up a bit sharp. I noticed lately that there seems to be more and more driving through on amber creeping into Irish driving and this may affect his threshold (I have been guilty as well but have reigned it in, so a classic case of poacher turned gamekeeper I guess)

He was happy with the instruction from Peter at aaronridertraining, did 3 hours evening before and 2 hours before test which was maybe a bit too much as he felt fatigued before test.

He has applied again for cancellation in Shannon, Limerick or Ennis so will be doing it again soon.

It costs a bit of money and you have to really want your bike licence to go through all the training now, a good thing for road safety I guess.... there'll be a few less lads crashing the bike on the way home after buying it :D

The other interesting thing is he has bought an R6 and is waiting to pass before he can insure it, how he will get on with that as a first bike remains to be seen... I tried to persuade to get something a bit tamer but it was going to be a CBR, GSXR or and R6....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The other interesting thing is he has bought an R6 and is waiting to pass before he can insure it, how he will get on with that as a first bike remains to be seen... I tried to persuade to get something a bit tamer but it was going to be a CBR, GSXR or and R6....:eek:

Well the throttle goes both ways, and generally speaking faster bikes have better brakes, suspension, frames etc than slower commuters.

All that said, tell him to never ride faster than his guardian angel can fly!.

• Advertisement
Advertisement