Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balcony collapse in California kills Irish citizens: banned from thread

Options
  • 17-06-2015 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm appealing the decision of mod (boom_bap) to ban myself from the thread listed above.

A clear disparity in treatment is evident from the decision of the above mod. Every boardite in my opinion should be entitled to equal rights.

I'm seeking a review of the above decision and appropriate action taken against
    comments reported- to which, CURIOUSLY, no action has been taken against.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DRP is for contesting forum bans or infractions, not a ban from a thread. Are you contesting the infraction you've received?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ManofStan

Yes please.

I was directed here to contest the infraction, by the moderator issuing the ban. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Okay ManofStan, I'm looking into this. But to be quite fair, the infraction is 100% warranted. The entire post was just abuse, so I see no reason for the infraction to be removed.

As for the posts you reported, not one of them was insulting you. The rule of thumb to consider when posting is "Attack the post, not the poster". Each one of those reported posts were attacking the posts you made. Your post was attacking a poster.

humanji wrote: »
    As for the posts you reported, not one of them was insulting you. The rule of thumb to consider when posting is "Attack the post, not the poster". Each one of those reported posts were attacking the posts you made. Your post was attacking a poster.

This, has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on boards.

The above was reproduced only for illustrative purposes.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

"This, has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on boards."
    That is attacking the post and not the poster. There's nothing wrong with it.

"This, has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on boards."
    That is attacking the post and not the poster. There's nothing wrong with it.

No indeed there's nothing: it is indeed the dumbest thing I've come across on boards.

Thanks.

So do you understand why I don't see a reason to remove your infraction? Would you like an admin to review this?

So do you understand why I don't see a reason to remove your infraction? Would you like an admin to review this?

No thanks. The thread was spent anyways. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not even going to allow this waste of time to proceed further.

Decision upheld.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement