Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left luggage facility

Options
  • 17-06-2015 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

The railway station in Cork no longer has a left-luggage section, for some reason. Is there left-luggage anywhere else? I'm due to do a trip to Cork with a couple of side spurs and need to leave stuff in the city during the side trips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

The bus station used to do left luggage too though it's been a while since I've needed to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Try the hostel near the bus station.I think someone mentioned before about dropping gear off there.

http://www.bruhostel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

moyners wrote: »
    The bus station used to do left luggage too though it's been a while since I've needed to use it

I am not sure if this is there anymore. It is certainly not where it used to be.I would suggest that you ring and check before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There's a sort of printing/copying place near the bus station that also does left luggage, across from the end of Oliver Plunkett St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Hmm. Maybe I'll reconsider the structure of this journey. I don't want to be wandering the streets of a strange city looking for somewhere to leave stuff/collect stuff. Odd that they don't just have a room for it in the station, like in Galway, where it's €2.50 a day and efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

The paddywagon tours place on Washington street have a sign up for a left luggage service.

http://www.paddywagontours.com/

Thanks, Pitcairn. It's apparently a 23-minute walk from the station, though (Google Maps).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thanks, Pitcairn. It's apparently a 23-minute walk from the station, though (Google Maps).

More like 10 mins from railway station, unless you're a pensioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Pitcairn wrote: »
    The paddywagon tours place on Washington street have a sign up for a left luggage service.

http://www.paddywagontours.com/

Bridge Street you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Bridge Street you mean.

They have offices at both Bridge Street and Washington Street. I don't know if Bridge Street has a left luggage facility though.

• Advertisement

More like 10 mins from railway station, unless you're a pensioner.

I am that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hmm. Maybe I'll reconsider the structure of this journey. I don't want to be wandering the streets of a strange city looking for somewhere to leave stuff/collect stuff. Odd that they don't just have a room for it in the station, like in Galway, where it's €2.50 a day and efficient.

As I said I am not certain if they have or have not. It would be worth your while giving them a ring before you reconsider the structure of your journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

There are no left luggage facilities in the bus station.

Advertisement