Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Graduate Student loan

Options
  • 17-06-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi 

I am looking into applying for the post graduate student finance loan. I am just wondering how I go about applying for this. For example do I need to go to my local bank who I originally set up my account with, can I apply online, can I include a guarantor to improve my chances of getting the loan etc.

Also is there a set period time in which I will know whether my application has been accepted or declined? 

Finally I am doing the masters in DIT and I see that DIT and BOI have some type of partnership regarding this loan, should I approach DIT first regarding this or BOI? 

Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

brando91 wrote: »
    Hi 

I am looking into applying for the post graduate student finance loan. I am just wondering how I go about applying for this. For example do I need to go to my local bank who I originally set up my account with, can I apply online, can I include a guarantor to improve my chances of getting the loan etc.

Also is there a set period time in which I will know whether my application has been accepted or declined? 

Finally I am doing the masters in DIT and I see that DIT and BOI have some type of partnership regarding this loan, should I approach DIT first regarding this or BOI? 

Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
    Hi Brando91,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

The best way to apply for the Postgraduate Finance Loan is to make an appointment with a Bank of Ireland branch. You can contact your own branch or a local branch to make an appointment. Please see our online 'Book an Appointment' form here and features, rates and terms & conditions of the loan here

In relation to the need for a guarantor, the branch can advise if this will be necessary. Generally, an update on a decision is provided in 48 hours although this can sometimes take longer.

In relation to your question about contacting DIT or BOI, we would advise contacting a branch for further details.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement