Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards 2015

Options
  • 17-06-2015 4:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just reading about this today. Their was a Heavy metal award show in the 02 Indigo arena on Monday night.

The Show was hosted by Scott Ian (Anthrax)

The Golden God award went to Dave Mustaine (Megadeath)

Rock Legend and Queen guitarist, Brian May was honored with the special "Riff Lord" award

Other award winners Included

Best Album: Faith No More - Sol Invictus
    Best new band: We Are Harlot
    Best UK band: Bring Me The Horizon
    Best international band: Slipknot
    Breakthrough : Babymetal
    Best live band: Of Mice & Men
    Best independent label: Epitaph Records

The live performance on the night was a collaboration of Babymetal feat Dragon Force.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Soyokakano

Nobody interested?

It was a pretty cool event. I have some cool picture but can't post them yet.

Like Gene Simmons, Brian May and Dave Mustaine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I see absolutely no merit at all in music award ceremonies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Soyokakano

I see absolutely no merit at all in music award ceremonies.

Yeah I see your point. I guess i just like it when different rock/metal bands come together.

Seeing guys from Anthrax and Slipknot together, Brian May with Gene Simmons etc.

Also its not like a crappy generic pop award show. where everything is staged.

The MC was drinking a beer on stage, very casual presentation from metal hammer.

They just kind of gave awards out pretty quickly, few live song performed and probably went on the beer after in London.

Advertisement