Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Clearance

Options
  • 17-06-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking to get my garden cleared.

I would be looking to clear 2 boundaries (approx. 10 meters in length each) of trees (from the root), and to remove a carpet of bindweed (and horsetail, I think it is called?).

We have been trying to tackle this ourselves, but after countless weekends of backbreaking work, having barely made a dent on it, we've been told that its the kind of work a mini-digger could tackle in a day or two (there is access for machinery).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have had one or two gardeners around, and was terrified of how much they have quoted me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Try this guy he cut my hedge for a good price compared to other people that I got quotes from.

http://www.galwaytreesurgeons.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

Hi folks,

I'm looking to get my garden cleared.

I would be looking to clear 2 boundaries (approx. 10 meters in length each) of trees (from the root), and to remove a carpet of bindweed (and horsetail, I think it is called?).

We have been trying to tackle this ourselves, but after countless weekends of backbreaking work, having barely made a dent on it, we've been told that its the kind of work a mini-digger could tackle in a day or two (there is access for machinery).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have had one or two gardeners around, and was terrified of how much they have quoted me.

Thanks

Hey. Can I ask how it worked out and how much you were quoted. I feel silly for plugging away myself but the cost is prohibitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

We still haven't gotten round to doing it! Its so overgrown, and will likely remain that way till Springtime...

Advertisement