Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miso Paste

Options
  • 17-06-2015 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

So after ages trying to get some miso paste, i found some this morning...

But all the writing is in Chinese/Japanese so i was wondering how should one store it once opened and how long should it hold...or should i say, what does it say on the following two queries on any of yere jars of Miso Paste with English writing on it...

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sainsbury's website is weirdly good for this stuff, they put pretty much the whole label of their product up in their online grocery store. Obviously not food safety advice but your miso paste should still be tasty in the fridge for 6 weeks after opening.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-miso-soup-paste-100g
    For best before end: see lid. Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened keep refrigerated and use within 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

If it came in one of those plastic bag packs I find it helpful to transfer it to a screw cap jar prior to storing it in the fridge. It stops the top of it drying out and getting a bit crusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

I was just reading about this the other day as I have an unopened packet in my fridge !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/miso

Storage

Miso, particularly the darker styles, can be kept in the refrigerator for months. The exception is sweet white miso: once opened, the flavour will deteriorate quite rapidly so it should be used quickly.

BBC website seems to have a lot of useful info on it in terms of storage, preparation, cooking methods etc.

F.

Advertisement