Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of old JC books

Options
  • 17-06-2015 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any stores around South Dublin that will take old JC books off me. Will they buy them off me or is it a free exchange.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Will the people in the year behind you buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bearwhite

At my school, at least, the assigned books change every year or so, so you can't really buy second hand books - I mean, there is a school organised book sale, but that just causes problems because about half the class will have the wrong book. Maybe for some books you can sell them, but imo, you should just throw them away or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Do you know any shops that will take JC books off you instead. Need to get rid of them asap and i havent heard of any thing regarding passing books down in my school yet???

I think Michael dohertys in bray sells second hand books, or at least they did when my brother was at school( about 6 years ago, I went to a different shop). Not exactly south Dublin though

bearwhite wrote: »
    I think Michael dohertys in bray sells second hand books, or at least they did when my brother was at school( about 6 years ago, I went to a different shop). Not exactly south Dublin though

do they take in used JC books though???

• Advertisement

I would presume if they still sell second hand books then they have to get them from somewhere. So, yes, they would take them, if they still deal with second hand books at all. Maybe call them and ask?

bearwhite wrote: »
    I would presume if they still sell second hand books then they have to get them from somewhere. So, yes, they would take them, if they still deal with second hand books at all. Maybe call them and ask?

cheers would you happen to know any stores in south dublin that might take in used books

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a number of adverts on adverts.ie looking for JC books. Different parts of the country.
    You will get very little selling them to a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chocoholic Anonymous

You could just give them to a charity shop

• Registered Users Posts: 35 edei

Hi

Im looking for history textbooks. They can be old and for any level (primary or secondary school).

Preferable in Waterford area or Cork.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement