Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 7 mouse double click speed

• 17-06-2015 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Have a new Win 7 system with an annoying bug

When I single click on something it regularly acts as if I've double clicked.

I've gone into mouse properties and adjusted the double click speed to its slowest setting to no avail

Is there anything else I should be trying ?

(The same mouse worked ok with my old Vista system)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have a new Win 7 system with an annoying bug

When I single click on something it regularly acts as if I've double clicked.

I've gone into mouse properties and adjusted the double click speed to its slowest setting to no avail

Is there anything else I should be trying ?

(The same mouse worked ok with my old Vista system)

Is it a USB mouse, or a PS/2 mouse?

If it's USB, try to download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website. At least, try if it's a name brand mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Enjoy Heroin Responsibly

Mouse is a Trust "Red bull -racing" (few years old) It is USB but was using it on PS/2 port (via adaptor) on old PC. -suspect you might have hit the nail on the head -haven't even installed any mouse drivers -just using what came/autoinstalled with windows.

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to using USB ports for mice/keyboards always thought PS/2 was far more reliable but unfortunately my new motherboard only has one PS/2 port :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mouse is a Trust "Red bull -racing" (few years old) It is USB but was using it on PS/2 port (via adaptor) on old PC. -suspect you might have hit the nail on the head -haven't even installed any mouse drivers -just using what came/autoinstalled with windows.

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to using USB ports for mice/keyboards always thought PS/2 was far more reliable but unfortunately my new motherboard only has one PS/2 port :(

Ah listen, mice are one of those things that you'd expect to just work, and in general, it does.

I'd say google that brand and any number on the mouse itself, see if there's anything online about it, and download any specific drivers.

The only other thing I can think of is to check out the accessibility options. If one of those is accidentally and unknowingly turned on, it can wreck your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

PS/2 ports aren't more reliable, but they are a pain in the arse trying to plug something into without turning the PC around.

It's unlikely to be a driver issue though - companies like Trust don't typically write their own drivers for things like Mice and keyboards - especially for USB devices. It's more likely that the mechanical switch has finally given way - that's about the only think to wear out on an optical mouse these days:

http://www.trust.com/en/product-ranges/mice

Advertisement